Author Topic: Christians can't drink Starbucks coffee  (Read 6143 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Christians can't drink Starbucks coffee
« on: June 04, 2013, 05:28:55 pm »
Why you ask?

Because Starbucks supports gay marriage

Coffee-drinking Christians, take note: There's apparently "no way" a truly righteous Christian can drink Starbucks beverages.

At least, that's the opinion of former evangelical pastor and conservative activist David Barton, whose May 19 sermon on pious caffeine consumption was recently posted online.

Speaking at Whitesburg Baptist Church, Barton said that Starbucks was "pouring money" into the destruction of traditional marriage, according to video of the speech.

"The question is, 'Can a Christian give money to a group he knows will use it to attack what God supports?'" Barton said. "If you know that when you buy a cup of Starbucks, 5, 10, 15 cents is going to be used to defeat marriage, can you do that? The answer is 'no.'"

And I'm actually fine with this.  I really am.  This is the same way we decided to protest Chi-fil-Ah's abhorrent practices of supporting anti-gay organizations.  I love protesting with the wallet because it sends a clear cut message to a company that what they do with their money might be disagreeable.  There's one issue with this.

Starbucks is the biggest coffee chain in the world.

Ironbite-chances are...some of his flock probably gargles it down like the crap he spews.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Christians can't drink Starbucks coffee
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:09:39 pm »
Speaking for my brother Fyrenn on this one:  "Yeah, screw this guy, I need my caffeine.  I don't care what they're for or against, as long as I have my coffee"

... did I mention he's a conservative Christian and pretty set on most issues?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:41:58 pm »
I'm surprised it's taken this long--after all, it was more than two months ago that Starbucks told its investors to take their money elsewhere if they objected to its support of gay marriage that much.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 08:44:21 pm »
Now if we can only get all the OTHER coffee providers to support gay marriage, the conservatives will be forced to either compromise their principles or stop drinking coffee altogether, which will lead to the GOP political machine grinding to a halt!
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:12:06 pm »
Now if we can only get all the OTHER coffee providers to support gay marriage, the conservatives will be forced to either compromise their principles or stop drinking coffee altogether, which will lead to the GOP political machine grinding to a halt!

Rime likes this.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 11:52:33 pm »
I fail to see how they are "defeating marriage" by giving people marriage rights.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 12:43:52 am »
I fail to see how they are "defeating marriage" by giving people marriage rights.

BUT DON'T YOU SEE?! MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN, NOT A MAN AND A MAN AND A WOMAN AND A WOMAN! GOD MADE IT THAT WAY! NOW MEN CAN'T MARRY WOMEN AND VICE VERSA ANYMORE WHEN WE GIVE THOSE FAGGOTS AND DYKES THE RIGHT TO VIOLATE THEIR ANUSES AND HAVE ABORTIONS!

Now that I'm done with Fundie-speak, I don't get it either, outside that bullshit Black and White logic.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 08:47:34 am »

Rime likes this.

LOOOOOOOVE IT!

I gotta make a meme-type graphic with that two-sexed, two-headed dragon name Zak & Wheezie from Dragon Tales. The female side always goes "LOOOOOOOVVVVEEE IT!". I can put it up as a stock response to something I really dig.

Waddaminitt...I've now made it!

Wheezie LARVES it!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:51:37 am by SpukiKitty »

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 10:13:18 am »
Why you ask?

Because Starbucks supports gay marriage

Coffee-drinking Christians, take note: There's apparently "no way" a truly righteous Christian can drink Starbucks beverages.

At least, that's the opinion of former evangelical pastor and conservative activist David Barton, whose May 19 sermon on pious caffeine consumption was recently posted online.

Speaking at Whitesburg Baptist Church, Barton said that Starbucks was "pouring money" into the destruction of traditional marriage, according to video of the speech.

"The question is, 'Can a Christian give money to a group he knows will use it to attack what God supports?'" Barton said. "If you know that when you buy a cup of Starbucks, 5, 10, 15 cents is going to be used to defeat marriage, can you do that? The answer is 'no.'"

And I'm actually fine with this.  I really am.  This is the same way we decided to protest Chi-fil-Ah's abhorrent practices of supporting anti-gay organizations.  I love protesting with the wallet because it sends a clear cut message to a company that what they do with their money might be disagreeable.  There's one issue with this.

Starbucks is the biggest coffee chain in the world.

Ironbite-chances are...some of his flock probably gargles it down like the crap he spews.

Ooh!  Ooh!  Ooh!  I get to use this! =D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpA2GOIKzjI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpA2GOIKzjI</a>

Because, as Ibs so graciously pointed out, Starbucks is the biggest coffee chain in the world.
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 10:39:40 am »
Behold the mighty Gay Cooties! So powerful, so concentrated, so contagious, that christians cannot even drink coffee at Starbuck's, or the mighty gay cooties will possess them and send them to hell. Or something like that. The Mighty Gay Cooties will spoil marriage forever. The cooties are so potent, they even demonize the printed word, Marriage....see? It's turned gay :o
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 01:10:46 pm »
I thought christians couldn't drink Starbucks because of the naked mermaid on the cups. Huh.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 02:28:44 pm »
Behold the mighty Gay Cooties! So powerful, so concentrated, so contagious, that christians cannot even drink coffee at Starbuck's, or the mighty gay cooties will possess them and send them to hell. Or something like that. The Mighty Gay Cooties will spoil marriage forever. The cooties are so potent, they even demonize the printed word, Marriage....see? It's turned gay :o

Earlier this week I was reading a fundie blog claiming that men sharing a bottle of soda with a gay man could turn gay because they'd get accustomed to the taste of same-sex saliva.

I presume the same principle applies to coffee.
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 07:59:42 am »

You're too funny! That was great!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 08:48:11 am »

Earlier this week I was reading a fundie blog claiming that men sharing a bottle of soda with a gay man could turn gay because they'd get accustomed to the taste of same-sex saliva.

I presume the same principle applies to coffee.

I will then assume it applies to ice cream and that I shall turn into a dog next cause I shared some with my puppy. Not by my choice. She stole it. I was just too lazy to get new ice cream.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 08:58:56 am »
while this does make me giggle, I still won't go to Starbucks for one simple reason.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen