Author Topic: Sonic Fandom Cringe  (Read 16271 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Sonic Fandom Cringe
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:59:25 am »
I'm sorry...but the urge was too great. This is your fault, UP. One rule: Keep the NSFW in spoilers.

From a variety of enlightened youtube comments to unique artworks, the Sonic Fandom is infamous. Post your examples of sonic fandom stupidity here. For example:

Go suck Mario's dick! Cuz at least Sonic can have cool fan shit while mario fan shit is boring & not memorable

The following is not safe for work, life, free market hallowed be it's name and religion. In the name of all that is remotely holy, turn away now. If not, you're a sick freak.

(click to show/hide)

Looks like he's excited about praying. Very excited.

(click to show/hide)

Cause talking animals aren't heresy.

(click to show/hide)

I would be offended right now, but I'm too busy trying to put my mouth back up.

(click to show/hide)
Thankfully, I cannot be accused of islamophobia by UP because I have Mr. Glocky.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Sonic Fandom Cringe
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:40:31 am »
Let's not forget this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhjJ0BLxT0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhjJ0BLxT0</a>

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:12:16 pm »
What the bloody hell?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 02:07:15 pm »
(click to show/hide)
I'm not sure what's happening here but I want no part in it.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 02:10:06 pm »
Pardon me I think I'm going to throw up now @_X
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 02:31:13 pm »
What is it about Sonic that seems to attract the absolute worst elements of both furries and gamers? And what's with the religious stuff, for that matter?

I've yet to see anything this bizarre in Mario, Donkey Kong, or Zelda, and while there have been some disturbing Pokémon and Star Fox stuff they're nowhere near this crazy.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 10:58:18 pm »
What is it about Sonic that seems to attract the absolute worst elements of both furries and gamers? And what's with the religious stuff, for that matter?

I've yet to see anything this bizarre in Mario, Donkey Kong, or Zelda, and while there have been some disturbing Pokémon and Star Fox stuff they're nowhere near this crazy.

This was a point of contention among the CWCKI forums, but consensus was that it was the bright colors and "being edgy without having to be...edgy" part of it.

Like Poochie, with "quality" gameplay.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 10:51:39 pm »
Digging up an old, relevant post from the Random Sentences Devoid of Context thread:

How can characters from the Sonic the Hedgehog universe even possibly acknowledge who YHWH and Jesus Christ are?

Funny enough, their descendents ancestors worshiped omnicidal monsters (see Sonic Adventure 1, where Knuckles' descendents ancestors worshiped Chaos and the same beast destroyed an entire city late in the game).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:18:07 am by Alehksunos »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 01:42:35 pm »
...?

Did you mean ancestors?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 01:25:41 am »
Yeah. My mistake.

There's also a reason why I don't talk about cringe-worthy stuff in the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom (or fandoms in general, because I honestly, secretly have developed a contempt for that word) because almost none of this shit is surprising to me anymore (not even the My Little Pony shit). Even though, I still swipe at the cast of these games and non-game works being a voice of insane political and religious beliefs or being used as imaginary friends or love interests.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 12:09:34 pm »
I know that popular show and movie series tend to attract a fandom following, and the fanbase makes their own fan fiction occasionally utilizing rule 34.  However, I have always been intrigued by the enormously huge Sonic the Hedgehog fanbase and the people Sonic attracts.

Also, I cannot understand how a person can have a crush on a cartoon character.  The character lives in a fictional universe that the person is not a part of, and most importantly, the character itself isn't real.  It can't love you back.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 02:07:46 pm »
Also, I cannot understand how a person can have a crush on a cartoon character.  The character lives in a fictional universe that the person is not a part of, and most importantly, the character itself isn't real.  It can't love you back.

Well, I was going to just respond with this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaSd2d5rwPE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaSd2d5rwPE</a>

But there were some rather appropriate images that turned up in the search results when I went looking for the clip.

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 02:29:33 pm »

Well, I was going to just respond with this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaSd2d5rwPE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaSd2d5rwPE</a>

But there were some rather appropriate images that turned up in the search results when I went looking for the clip.

I guess when you put it that way, I can see how it isn't all that different from having a crush on a real person who has no romantic interest to the person who has a crush on him/her.  Still, the sight of unrequited love can be painful and cringeworthy to witness.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 10:07:58 am »
Two words beat everything I posted here, and most on the other "cringe" topics. This is a serious matter, so I'll try and be serious regarding this guy as I can. He's a predator, short and simple. He may want it to, but the internet never forgets.

Byron Beaubian, a.k.a Psyguy. Pedophile predator (Though he tries to deny that), OC creator, emotional and pyschological abuser. Fond of nuking their accounts, but there's still some extant. In addition, there's a callout blog.

http://superpsyguy-callout.tumblr.com/

Horrible person. Horrible fucking person.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 10:58:48 am »
Let's not forget Chris-chan pepper-spraying a GameStop employee over Sonic's blue arms.