Author Topic: Another Day, Another shooting  (Read 9141 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Another Day, Another shooting
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015, 09:21:34 am »
Commenting on ugly is politically incorrect.  But it's great fun.

Also makes being on a jury easier. Nope, he's ugly. Get 'em outta here. Whoa, she's hot. Yeah, she needs needs to be out walking around.

You joke, but attractive people really do tend to get lighter sentences.  The exception being cases of fraud: there, attractive people actually tend to get punished worse.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2015, 06:27:31 pm »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/north-carolina-triple-slaying-arouses-fear-of-hate-crimes-against-muslims/ar-AA9hcBi?ocid=U147DHP

So, apparently he was inside their condo apartment and shot all three in the head. They probably let him in, hoping to resolve the parking place dispute. All the other neighbors disliked and feared him - he was a bully. His FB profile shows that he was strongly anti-theist, talking points being that religious beliefs lead to killings. Yeah, and so does being a  monstrous asshole.

Not to mention a hypocrite. Doesn't like religion because of violence and killings...proceeds to kill three people.

This is the first Anti-Theist hate crime I've ever seen. Sure, there were some hardcore Stalinist/Maoist societies that preached atheism and persecuted certain religious folks but as far as "Lone Hate Crime By Unhinged Schmoe" is concerned, this is new to me!

If it was an Anti-Muslim/Theist hate crime, then the whole parking dispute was the excuse this big ugly goober needed.

You know how they say "Never Judge A Book By It's Cover"?......

.....Well, the killer's the exception. This guy's the human equivalent of the  "Book of the Dead" from the Evil Dead movies! EGADS! Talk about someone who was hit with an ugly stick!

THREE YOUNG, ATTRACTIVE, NICE, INTELLIGENT MUSLIM KIDS SENT TO ALLAH VIA BULLETS BY A HIDEOUS, STUPID, INBRED FAT LUMP WITH NO CHIN! FILMED AT ELEVEN!!! Methinks he was jealous.

Yes, because murderers are unattractive.  Like Ted Bundy.

Okay, sorry about that. I admit that was uncalled for. :P

....but he's still a loser!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 10:00:18 am »
I think it may be wrong to label this an "anti-theist hate crime," especially in the light that he probably did not know for certain their religious beliefs. I would venture to guess racial stereotyping and prejudices played a role in this (i.e. If George Zimmerman were an atheist, he'd still have followed and killed Trayvon due to racial stereotyping). I would also venture to guess American gun culture played a role in this (he was big on the "2nd Amendment" and the NRA's rugged-American "here's a gun, solve your problems" mentality). But, at the moment all we have is an anti-theist that committed a crime, and not necessarily because he was an anti-theist.

I belabor the point, but I am an anti-theist who believes all religions are dangerous, manipulative, power-hungry, and stupid. So, I'm probably a tad bias. But, I still see other parts of the kyriarchy playing into this more so than anti-theism.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 10:18:06 am »
When I read Hicks' ex-wife's statement that he watched the movie "Falling Down" obsessively, actually laughing while Michael Douglas' character (a bitter middle aged white dude) went on a shooting rampage against almost entirely non-white people who were either petty criminals or who just dissed him...things kinda clicked. Hicks was a hated and feared man according to all the neighbors interviewed, obsessed about his assigned parking space. The girls did wear traditional headscarves/hijab, but yeah, I think his main problem is that he had "kill people" on his bucket list.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 10:24:35 am »
When I read Hicks' ex-wife's statement that he watched the movie "Falling Down" obsessively, actually laughing while Michael Douglas' character (a bitter middle aged white dude) went on a shooting rampage against almost entirely non-white people who were either petty criminals or who just dissed him...things kinda clicked. Hicks was a hated and feared man according to all the neighbors interviewed, obsessed about his assigned parking space. The girls did wear traditional headscarves/hijab, but yeah, I think his main problem is that he had "kill people" on his bucket list.

Yeah, some people are just violent shitheads.  There may or may not have been racist or anti-religious motives involved, but we know for a fact that the man's a horrible person.  What a loathsome excuse for a human being.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 11:40:15 am »

Yeah, some people are just violent shitheads.  There may or may not have been racist or anti-religious motives involved, but we know for a fact that the man's a horrible person.  What a loathsome excuse for a human being.

Wow! I agree, a complete freak....and not in a good way!

Good thing that lady's his EX-wife. Good for her!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2015, 01:24:05 pm »
I belabor the point, but I am an anti-theist who believes all religions are dangerous, manipulative, power-hungry, and stupid. So, I'm probably a tad bias (sic). But, I still see other parts of the kyriarchy playing into this more so than anti-theism.

Quote from: John Gray
Modern political religions may reject Christianity, but they cannot do without demonology. The Jacobins, the Bolsheviks and the Nazis all believed in vast conspiracies against them, as do radical Islamists today. It is never the flaws of human nature that stand in the way of Utopia. It is the workings of evil forces.

Get out! You actually believe think evil has a root cause?! So do I, it's called antropocentric morality that can't accept that we're animals that talk and have loose moral compasses. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:32:26 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2015, 04:09:15 pm »
I belabor the point, but I am an anti-theist who believes all religions are dangerous, manipulative, power-hungry, and stupid. So, I'm probably a tad bias (sic). But, I still see other parts of the kyriarchy playing into this more so than anti-theism.

Modern political religions may reject Christianity, but they cannot do without demonology. The Jacobins, the Bolsheviks and the Nazis all believed in vast conspiracies against them, as do radical Islamists today. It is never the flaws of human nature that stand in the way of Utopia. It is the workings of evil forces.

Get out! You actually believe think evil has a root cause?! So do I, it's called antropocentric morality that can't accept that we're animals that talk and have loose moral compasses.

Madman, if your reading comprehension was at a 5th grade level, then you would understand that I am saying that it is hasty to label this an "anti-theist hate crime," when there are, inter alia, more valid and more plausible explanations. Otherwise, we could call the Columbine massacres an anti-theist hate crime because Eric Harris wore a shirt saying "survival of the fittest." Just because a person commits an action and that person has a characteristic does not mean that the characteristic caused the action. Can I be more clear with you?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2015, 04:22:02 pm »

Madman, if your reading comprehension was at a 5th grade level, then you would understand that I am saying that it is hasty to label this an "anti-theist hate crime," when there are, inter alia, more valid and more plausible explanations. Otherwise, we could call the Columbine massacres an anti-theist hate crime because Eric Harris wore a shirt saying "survival of the fittest." Just because a person commits an action and that person has a characteristic does not mean that the characteristic caused the action. Can I be more clear with you?

So, you're saying that I've jumped to conclusions based on circumstantial evidence regarding the individual in question without attempting to gather direct evidence to support my theories first.

Alright, fair enough.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 04:24:49 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 04:58:09 pm »

Wouldn't say good for her after what she said when CNN interviewed her.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2015, 04:38:05 pm »

Wouldn't say good for her after what she said when CNN interviewed her.

What did she say? Also, I was commending her for dumping his brutish tail. What horrible stuff did she say next?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2015, 07:25:49 pm »
Wait was it her or some other family member that said he rescued puppies or something like that.  Can't remember.

Ironbite-either way this man is a monster.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2015, 09:37:37 pm »
Wait was it her or some other family member that said he rescued puppies or something like that.  Can't remember.

Ironbite-either way this man is a monster.

Ted Bundy once worked for a suicide hotline.  Jim Jones fought segregation.  Al Capone ran soup kitchens.  But that doesn't make up for the horrible things they did.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2015, 11:46:32 pm »
What did she say?