Author Topic: Huffington Post Germany Doxxes Migration Opponents  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Huffington Post Germany Doxxes Migration Opponents
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:20:03 pm »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Huffington Post Germany Doxxes Migration Opponents
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:41:03 pm »
Fucking hell. Remind me never to post a comment on HuffPo.
Σא

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 12:06:28 am »
Not to mention the harm this will do to the actual migrants. This is just gonna galvanize the opposition.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 02:28:21 pm »
UP, since I don't speak or read German. I auto translated the page, but of course it's shite. I see a lot of talk about the negative comments, and it looks like the comment section uses Facebook to host their comment section. Can you find an accurate English translation showing where HuffPo DE is saying they will or where they have in fact doxxed, i.e., given out the real names and/or addresses etc. of these anti-immigrant commenters?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 02:33:39 pm »
UP, since I don't speak or read German. I auto translated the page, but of course it's shite. I see a lot of talk about the negative comments, and it looks like the comment section uses Facebook to host their comment section. Can you find an accurate English translation showing where HuffPo DE is saying they will or where they have in fact doxxed, i.e., given out the real names and/or addresses etc. of these anti-immigrant commenters?

Sure.  Here's the most important bit:

Now, we can do what we Germans have been doing for too long — we can dismiss the haters as “crazy idiots” and just look the other way. For years, we failed to recognize and confront xenophobia and racism. But no more.

The Internet has become a violent mob who act contrary to the values of our Basic Law. It is time for us to defend democracy and confront the haters by revealing their faces and names. In so doing, we are simply exercising the same freedom of expression that they espouse.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 02:49:08 pm »
So, the Facebook-hosted comments section links to the commenters' Facebook pages? A lot of comments sections around the web do that, but it's obvious and stated up front that your Facebook name and profile are used openly, and people can choose to not post or just watch their language accordingly. If this is a case where HuffPo DE suddenly toggled their comment section from a masked (users must make a HuffPo user name for posts and no links to FB profiles are available) to fully transparent Facebook hosted comments, yeah that's really very, very dickish of them. Chickenshit and lazy, too, I might add.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 03:28:11 pm »
Such a switch is utterly, utterly devious...

I love it.

Excuse me if I am not crying for neo-nazis. They actually pose a problem to refugees already battered by war. Hence making them identifiable is necessary.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 03:33:40 pm »

I love it.

Excuse me if I am not crying for neo-nazis. They actually pose a problem to refugees already battered by war. Hence making them identifiable is necessary.

Even assuming they're all neo-Nazis and the like, this isn't going to help.  All it does is feed into their persecution complexes.  Moreover, this might actually help them win sympathy, which is not desirable in any case.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 09:07:10 pm »

I love it.

It's not about neo-nazis. It's about HuffPo thinking that if they dislike your opinion enough they should point their readership at you and loudly proclaim "look, here's this week's designated evil people!".

There's never a need to "make someone identifiable" over their political opinions. Ever.
Σא