Author Topic: Democrat GOP Bipartisanship exists, for helping banks!  (Read 955 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Democrat GOP Bipartisanship exists, for helping banks!
« on: March 11, 2018, 06:21:32 pm »
After the 2008 financial crisis you'd think that the Democrats would realize that Frank Dodd was one of the most sensible legacies of the Obama administration.

Democrats in the Senate joined the Republican majority to vote in favor of gutting key banking regulations passed in the wake of the 2008 crash

Nope.

Their reasons?

“I hope that our bipartisan work can rub off on the rest of Congress so we can break through the partisan gridlock that has plagued Washington for too long,” said Jon Tester, one of the moderate Democrats who worked on the legislation.

Yes, because conservatives always reciprocate cooperation-particularly in Washington, very much so, yes!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Democrat GOP Bipartisanship exists, for helping banks!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 11:28:14 pm »
Not sure if these Dems are optimistic, or just hate poor people too.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Democrat GOP Bipartisanship exists, for helping banks!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 01:12:33 am »
Not sure if these Dems are optimistic, or just hate poor people too.

Or are paid off by the banks.

Remember that part of this bill (I mentioned it a few times elsewhere) keeps the CFPB from investigating whether banks are being racially discriminatory in their fees and interest rates. I thought Democrats stood up for racial minorities?

Bipartisanship: Democrats and Republicans working together to fuck over regular people.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.