Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 828884 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4290 on: May 02, 2017, 01:48:59 am »
Yeah that's fanart not actual art.

Ironbite-like any company would pay for their mascot to be a super sexy version of itself.
I did not mean to imply that the fanart was by the company. The Twitter comments are from them but if any of the memes were from the company it probably does not include stuff like the Shadbase artwork...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4291 on: May 04, 2017, 07:22:40 pm »
Ooh, got a new phone: an LG Stylo 3.  It is, thus far, quite good.  Snappy, responsive, and quite quick.  Fucker apparently has an 8-core CPU, as well.  Oh, and she's got a stylus!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #4292 on: May 06, 2017, 01:56:24 pm »
Today's experiment in cooking: shrimp linguine in a white wine, rosemary sauce.

Yum
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4293 on: May 06, 2017, 03:15:50 pm »
Today's experiment in kidnapping Queen will involve a very large tube.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4294 on: May 07, 2017, 10:57:27 am »
Hand grinder for coffee... I'm just a French press and kettle away from being a complete coffee snob.  Makes some damned fine coffee, though.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #4295 on: May 07, 2017, 01:07:35 pm »
Hand grinder for coffee... I'm just a French press and kettle away from being a complete coffee snob.  Makes some damned fine coffee, though.

I'm already there. Got the whole set-up: a whistling kettle, whole coffee beans, in an airtight mason jar, a coffee grinder, and a French press. The coffee is simply amazing.

You can also buy flavor extracts in most spice sections to spruce the coffee up. I usually add about 1/8 a teaspoon of cherry, raspberry, or peppermint extract to my coffee.

And the whole set-up costs like $70 USD. It is cheaper than a keurig, easier to clean, and the coffee quality is roughly the same. Not to mention french presses don't have the wasteful k-cups of a keurig. Seriously, take the leap, you'll thank me later.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 01:09:43 pm by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4296 on: May 07, 2017, 01:30:36 pm »
I plan to once I get a house.  Space is currently at somewhat of a premium; I barely have any food prep space as it is.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4297 on: May 07, 2017, 02:23:56 pm »
Macron seems to be winning the elections in France. Yay!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4298 on: May 08, 2017, 08:58:27 pm »
Finally tried a half shot or so of the Appleton Estate rum I got and I gotta say that, for non-spiced rum, it is both very smooth and eminently agreeable.  Not quite as pleasant as Kraken, but I can definitely see why its popular amongst rum lovers.

Offline SheChire

• Neonate
  • No pickles!
« Reply #4299 on: May 09, 2017, 01:31:18 pm »
Finally got our passport situation all wrapped up. The breakdowns continue but recoveries are much quicker these last few days. All in all it`s fuckin miracle how I`m still standing and coordinating stuff, considering that according to our shrink`s diagnosis I`m suffering from heavy paranoia and anxiety which by all her accounts should have me constantly paralysed with fear and trying to kill myself. Apparently I never showed the outward symptoms due to some extreme mental strengh, which I believe to be a very nice thing to know about yourself even if amidst quite literal organic paranoia and fear. Now it`s just the question of getting the right pills on the right dosage and soon I might have a night without constant nightmares. For the first time in my life, too 8)
Now with 15% more pills!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4300 on: May 11, 2017, 12:55:31 am »
I did a really good, long workout at the gym today - eight by eight sets, with 30 body weight squats after each exercise. So I did 240 body weight squats total today, along with my usual ab workout.

My legs feel floppy and exhausted, but I have never felt so satisfied.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4301 on: May 17, 2017, 12:55:07 am »
Cutest spambot ever... It was advertising FB page with an alarm that sends a signal to "everyone" every 15 minutes until you turn it off. ...Now that I think about it, it didn't mention anything about the ability to turn it off. So maybe it would just be a new FB alarm every 15 minutes until they delete their account.

I didn't click the link so I guess we'll never know. But I do think it is cute that someone thought that people would be lured in to whatever attack site they have by promise to be annoying to everyone of their FB friends.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #4302 on: May 31, 2017, 01:42:07 am »
So, I haven't been on in ages, so I'll update you on a certain major event in my life.

I got into grad school.

Specifically, I will be matriculating this fall in the School of International Affairs at PENN FUCKING STATE.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4303 on: May 31, 2017, 08:03:45 am »
Hells yeah, good goin, homes!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4304 on: June 11, 2017, 06:41:52 am »
I just discovered that Mythbuster's Adam Savage and parliamentary candidate Lord Buckethead converse on Twitter and suddenly, despite the chaos, everything seems right with world.