Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463301 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7125 on: February 19, 2018, 09:00:59 am »
Still recommend ChC; barring a couple endgame recipes, its not what I call a "smoke break" mod, where you can breeze thru it on your smoke break and barely leave the house.  Besides which, ChC is downright beautiful and brilliantly colourful.

On an unrelated note: I think they should rename Dragon Ball FighterZ to "Cell Throws Shade: Total Eclipse Edition."  Seriously, like 90% of Cell's lines are him roasting fucking EVERYONE on the planet, and it is beautiful.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7126 on: February 19, 2018, 11:03:04 am »
Piccolo has some good ones too.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7127 on: February 21, 2018, 05:29:25 am »
You know what's fucking amazing? Humble Bundle. You can buy a whole bundle for just three or four of the games in it and it's still much better value than a Steam sale.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7128 on: February 23, 2018, 01:00:21 am »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7129 on: February 23, 2018, 09:12:35 am »
Nah, this is the kind of bullshit I expected from the moment a co-op zombie survival game with Metal Gear slapped on it was announced.  Gotta remember, they effectively gave up making decent games (or, really, any games at all), kicked out their big names like Koji Igarashi and Hideo Kojima (or drove them away), and focused on fucking pachinko machines.  I'd not be surprised if the only reason MG:Survive doesn't have loot boxes is because Konami is about a decade behind everyone else.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7130 on: February 23, 2018, 09:38:51 am »
Stellaris 2.0 came out yesterday and me and a few buddies tested the multiplayer. Massive changes to the game, plenty of new bugs and problems that need balancing, but it seems mostly good.

...I mean, my empire was ruined by space-Mongols who came and destroyed everything I had twice (because I couldn't afford to bribe them off since the first war destroyed my economy) but it was still fun.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7131 on: March 04, 2018, 03:00:51 am »
Speaking of space empires, I've started up X3 once again. Nothing quite like being a space industrialist, I have to say.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7132 on: March 04, 2018, 11:26:27 am »
Speaking of space industry, I really wanna get Elite: Dangerous, one of these days.  Heard its quite good.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7133 on: March 04, 2018, 04:25:07 pm »
Some of my buddies play the new Elite and it is on my wish list as well.

...After I have a brand new, top of the line computer instead of the cheapest thing that just happens to work.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7134 on: March 09, 2018, 08:37:23 am »
Just finished Fahrenheit. That has to be one of the most ridiculous games I've ever played. You know how people say Hideo Kojima is fucking insane? Well, he's got absolutely nothing on David Cage.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7135 on: March 09, 2018, 08:56:32 am »
Yeah Fahrenheit is basically the peak of David Cage's career.  It's all down hill from here.  Well until Heavy Rain where it peaks and then BAM!  Right back down.

Ironbite-he's not a good video game mans.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #7136 on: March 09, 2018, 09:16:43 am »
The first 2/3 of Fahrenheit was quite decent if I recall correctly. Then came the BAM! The only reason I bothered to finish the game is because it is so easy.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7137 on: March 09, 2018, 09:34:02 am »
Really, the highlight of the game was the somewhat interactive sex scene near the start of the game. It did the same thing as that San Andreas mod that caused massive moral hysteria and nobody noticed. The first time I played through it, I was laughing so hard that I almost failed the whole thing.

The actions scenes were really shit, though. They dragged on for way too long and I could barely pay attention to what was actually going on because I had to focus on the bullshit QTE. Not to mention, I think the ending was rushed in that classic "we ran out of time and money towards the end and had to throw the last hour or so of the game together at the last minute" kind of way.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7138 on: March 09, 2018, 10:05:32 am »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7139 on: March 09, 2018, 10:25:38 am »
I'm surprised it took 'em this long.  Where there's a new Nintendo console, there's a new Smash.  Its as predictable as bleedin' Mario Kart.