Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 155872 times)

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2017, 09:19:23 pm »
PS. Does anybody know how to remove a thumbs up on there now message? I saw that Sharon up voted me and I when to the message, her up vote was not counted or displayed, but I accidentally clicked the up arrow.

Hi. You can just click again if you want your name removed.
The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2017, 01:57:20 am »
I won't give up on the CNN site, but I don't know how much more I can do when there are a lot of new posters lol .

Yes, a lot of new names have been showing up lately. Many of them make Amos look like a paragon of liberal theology. We can not fight all of the dragon’s heads, however, our remarks do provide counterpoint to their dour world view.

Hi. You can just click again if you want your name removed.

Thanks. They (why is it always “They”?) they say it is a poor day you don’t learn something new. Well unless you spend the day sitting under a tree re-reading a favorite novel.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2017, 03:12:07 pm »
I didn't know that about the add-ons, though, gotta look into that.

Shameless Plug-INs

I’ll make a shameless plug for a couple other useful, free plug-ins

First, WOT (Web of Trust)
WOT is a crowd sourced rating system for the “safety” of a website, rating each site for both spam and content reliability. I particularly like the feature that tells me when I have previously rated a website. Thus if I have found a site dubious in the past, I will be reminded of that when I go to the site.

Second, Rbutr
I was just reminded of this plug-in with Croguet_Player’s comments on the children-endangered-by-puberty-blockers-medical-experts-warn article.

I used to use this plug-in and contributed rebuttals on a regular basis. Lately I have not been contributing and it looks like activity has fallen off. A real shame, a year ago the tool was getting 20-odd new rebuttals per day.  Now it seems only a few per week. Still it is a useful cross-check when an article doesn't seem to ring true.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #168 on: July 18, 2017, 12:39:15 am »
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/christiannewsnetwork/apologist_james_white_draws_concerns_after_holding_defending_interfaith_dialogue_at_church_with_musl/

Man, the comments in this are hilarious in a Schadenfraude, funny-because-it's-sad kind of way. Forget fundie fight, this is a fundie melee. They are ripping each other apart in there...

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2017, 02:19:52 am »
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/christiannewsnetwork/apologist_james_white_draws_concerns_after_holding_defending_interfaith_dialogue_at_church_with_musl/

Man, the comments in this are hilarious in a Schadenfraude, funny-because-it's-sad kind of way. Forget fundie fight, this is a fundie melee. They are ripping each other apart in there...

Yea, it is not often that I (and I notice you) agree with Amos.

Lots of new posters on all sides of the issue and lots of new people up voting comment

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #170 on: July 18, 2017, 02:32:09 am »

Yea, it is not often that I (and I notice you) agree with Amos.

Lots of new posters on all sides of the issue and lots of new people up voting comment
Amos annoys me a lot, but here, at least, he's ideologically consistent. He genuinely believes that there is nothing to lose from such a conversation because his side is the Truth. It doesn't make him less of a fundie, but at least it's not the hypocrisy I usually see.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #171 on: July 18, 2017, 12:33:23 pm »

Thanks, I had missed that entirely.  That is worth getting the popcorn out for.  Guest Verified is getting his ass handed to him.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #172 on: July 18, 2017, 02:19:42 pm »
568 comments in the thread?? THIS is what gets them the most heated? Arguing about theology?

This would be like if I ignored threads about law and politics but stayed up all night arguing about whether the Death Star could beat the Enterprise.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #173 on: July 18, 2017, 02:55:11 pm »
This would be like if I ignored threads about law and politics but stayed up all night arguing about whether the Death Star could beat the Enterprise.

...There is at least one forum that was created just for that debate.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #174 on: July 18, 2017, 03:54:12 pm »
568 comments in the thread?? THIS is what gets them the most heated? Arguing about theology?

...Obviously not, by the way.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2017, 03:23:14 am »

Shit like this is why I left the faith. This just happens to be what they show. I'm willing to put down money, and good money, that this kind of thing is common at their churches. Hell, it's common in a lot of them. I remember a pastor of mine got his pay slashed by the church because, get this, he had a sermon about Passover on Passover and people were asking if they were Passover Christians now. The bickering, backstabbing, and constant pressure to adhere to the various doctrines of faith is both exhausting and disheartening.

And it depends on which Enterprise. UCC-1701 of any variety? They'll find a way to science it.

NX-01? ...weeeeeeeeeeell...

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2017, 03:31:43 am »

And over on this thread there are 80 odd comments concerning which Bible should be used.
http://christiannews.net/2017/07/16/southern-baptist-owned-lifeway-stores-wont-pull-message-bible-after-authors-gay-marriage-retraction/

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2017, 03:55:24 am »

And it depends on which Enterprise. UCC-1701 of any variety? They'll find a way to science it.

NCC-1701
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2017, 07:19:17 am »

NCC-1701
Oh, man...now I need to turn over my nerd card. Gonna need to LARP a bit to get it back

pyro

« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2017, 12:49:53 pm »
Next week on Death Battle: Thor. Find out who he'll be fighting early by subscribing to ScrewAttack!