Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Preaching and Worship / Re: More proof that Christianity is true.
« Last post by Art Vandelay on Today at 12:05:38 pm »
When our thoughts or feelings bristle under God’s Word, He is right and we wrong.
Yeah, I'm sure. Go on then, this should be good.
There are at least two reasons why God did this. The first is evidenced in what came to pass when Israel did not obey God in this command. God wanted the land cleared of all temptations to His people to turn from Him, His worship and His law. The Canaanites were a threat to the purity of God’s people. He had set them apart, consecrated them, adopted them. In giving this order, He was protecting them.
Oh, well isn't that classy. Ethnic cleansing so God's personal cheer squad wouldn't be tainted by new ideas. Presumably, ideas such as not worshipping the cruel and abusive father in the sky. No, I'm sure it's actually a good thing.
Of course one might understand this motive, and still be horrified. These Canaanites were not mere abstractions, but real people. Is it not still rather cruel to kill them all simply for seeking to protect the moral purity of Israel? Perhaps, were that God’s only motive. The second reason God commanded them all to be put to death is because they were all, every man, woman and child of them, sinners. And the wages of sin is death.
Oh, okay. Fair enough. No, really. It's not like he's an all powerful deity who made up these rules in the first place or anything. He had to do it, honest injuns. It's not that he wanted to commit genocide so that his personal sycophants wouldn't get any ideas about not stroking his ego. He had no choice, his hands were tied, truly.
In short, God did this for the same reason He does all that He does, for the good of His people, and for His own glory.
Gotta validate that massive ego, even if it means genocide. Totally reasonable, I'm sure. I guess it's totally different when Idi Amin does it.
Like that makes a difference, you just made clear God's the abortionist in chief but it's ok because reasons, reasons including "collateral damage of massacres, no biggie."
Not to mention, unless God's not actually all powerful, "collateral damage" is only a thing because he chooses it to be a thing.

https://www.ligonier.org/blog/why-did-god-command-children-israel-kill-every-man-woman-and-child-promised-land/
Society and History / Re: Incels General Thread
« Last post by Askold on Today at 09:21:45 am »
Samus Aran is a MGTOW????

The fuck?

That's the clone of her I think? Or some sort of evil version created by [technobabble] rather than Samus.

Yeah: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Samus

Not a clone or even a hybrid if I read that right. It's an alien lifeform that for reasons chooses to imitate the appearance of Samus in her power armour. Still referred to as "she" in the wiki but I'm not sure whether it has a gender or what kind of genders alien horrors like that even have.
« Last post by Tolpuddle Martyr on Today at 08:34:33 am »
Samus Aran is a MGTOW????

The fuck?
« Last post by Askold on Today at 07:22:05 am »
I know that some manga made him a bit arrogant.
« Last post by Art Vandelay on Today at 06:52:39 am »
He's a silent protagonist in games where the vast majority of direction comes from NPC dialogue. They do occasionally try to give him a personality, but for the most part he ends up following the orders of every rando he comes across without question. Makes it seem like the lights are on but nobody's home.
« Last post by Askold on Today at 04:50:33 am »
Depends on the Link I suppose.

Aren't there differences in their personalities or do they get established as characters? I'm not too familiar with the franchise.
« Last post by Art Vandelay on Today at 03:17:46 am »
I like to think it's because Link is an Incel Tears regular, but he's so clueless he has no idea what he's actually reading. In fact, it's probably why Navi's constant nagging was necessary. If she didn't yell in his ear every ten minutes, Link would just stop and stand around drooling while staring off into space all day.
« Last post by Askold on Today at 03:03:10 am »
Maybe it is less about who the character is and more about the Smash bros character as different versions of Mario and Link are there?
« Last post by Art Vandelay on Today at 02:34:37 am »
Not to mention, Link is both an Incel Tears user and doesn't know what an incel is. I feel like that's also worth noting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10