Author Topic: What the Bible says about homosexuality  (Read 12128 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: What the Bible says about homosexuality
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2018, 09:20:14 pm »

Um yes evolution does have a purpose. It’s purpose is to give species traits that aid in survival AND reproduction. Yes there are useless holdovers such as the appendix, but our sex drive is not a useless holdover, because without it, our species would go extinct.

Nope, it doesn't. Evolution is a natural phenomenon. It's like a rock falling off a mountain from it's own weight because of gravity. My phone has a purpose, it was built to take calls and argue with idiot Christians in America. Evolution is not like that, evolution happened because of enough happy accidents there were conditions that allowed it to happen. You're getting evolution mixed up with "intelligent design" which is bunk. Seeing a purpose in evolution is like seeing faces in the clouds, you can if you squint hard enough but that's just a holdover from a pattern-forming instinct which in the instance of staring at clouds to see faces is utterly useless.

I guess we have different definitions of purpose. You don’t understand the difference between natural purpose and artificial purpose. Since the sex drive of animals were evolved for reproductive purposes, it is therefore the natural purpose of evolution.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2018, 09:24:46 pm »
Yeah, a natural purpose is descriptive not prescriptive. Feet for walking, or dancing or driving cars. A "descriptive purpose" doesn't exclude other ones.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2018, 11:19:26 pm »
Back in the good old days, there used to be conversion therapy, and there were documented cases of it being successful.

I think that to prevent homosexuals from falling into temptation to have homosexual sex, it should become law that conversion therapy is provided to those with homosexual tendencies that will be analyzed during doctor appointments, and if the conversion therapy won’t work, then castration surgery will be provided. It will be beneficial to homosexuals self esteem because they won’t have to suffer having sexual fantasies and crushes on heterosexuals of the same gender. They’ll feel better being asexual.

Aaaand there's where you crossed the line and annoyed me more than you amused me. Bye. You can come back in a week.
Σא

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2018, 12:28:25 am »
Back in the good old days, there used to be conversion therapy, and there were documented cases of it being successful.

I think that to prevent homosexuals from falling into temptation to have homosexual sex, it should become law that conversion therapy is provided to those with homosexual tendencies that will be analyzed during doctor appointments, and if the conversion therapy won’t work, then castration surgery will be provided. It will be beneficial to homosexuals self esteem because they won’t have to suffer having sexual fantasies and crushes on heterosexuals of the same gender. They’ll feel better being asexual.

Aaaand there's where you crossed the line and annoyed me more than you amused me. Bye. You can come back in a week.
Muh chew toy!!!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2018, 11:11:39 am »

Muh chew toy!!!

There's chew toys, and there's people who insist conversion therapy works. Fuck the latter.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2018, 07:34:11 pm »
Fair call.