Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Last post by BobRumba on August 17, 2018, 10:45:00 pm »
Seriously, what kind of wackos run that place?  You can't even point out to them that they're factually wrong about things or they censor you.
« Last post by Bob J. on August 17, 2018, 10:22:18 pm »
Here's the kind of stuff that Christian News Network's censor is finding so controversial

Their subtitle should be:

"Never let the facts ruin a good story"

« Last post by BobRumba on August 17, 2018, 09:50:36 pm »
Here's the kind of stuff that Christian News Network's censor is finding so controversial and counterculture that they have to save people from reading it.  Mustn't educate Amos Moses on what a strawman argument actually is:

To phrase it another way: what makes a Christian theocracy any better than a Muslim theocracy?

It is better to live in a Christian dominated society than under Sharia law, because the Christians wouldn't be forcing you to convert, or forcing women to cover their heads.

Historically Christians have forced conversion on people of different faiths. Last I heard Ann Coulter was still demanding that Jews should be forced to convert into Christianity.

You yourself have promoted for raping people and don't think that this conflicts with your "Christian values."

Now, I'm from a country that has (one branch of) Christianity as state religion and even we realize that our laws should not be based on ANY religion. You don't force religion on people, if the only reason to forbid something is that it is against your faith then it is not something that you make a law about. Instead you will trust that those who share the faith feel the same way regardless of whether that thing is legal or not and know that you can't force those who DON'T share your faith to follow your rules.

In Europe it was mainly pagans that Christians did forced conversions on but that was for the greater good of Western Civilization because it kept Europe unified under one religion and the pagans from the the barbarian lands were primitive and the Druids were evil people who performed human sacrifice.

And where did I promote raping people?

Again, Spain. Muslims and Jews don't count as "pagan" even by the loosest definition. Or are you gonna try to tell me the Inquisition never happened? "Convert or die" is a thing with you Catholics.

The Inquisition was done because the Muslims invaded Christian Spain.
Society and History / Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Last post by dpareja on August 17, 2018, 08:36:50 pm »
Psychiatry... fucking psychiatry.

Delusions are false beliefs based on incorrect inference about external reality that persist despite the evidence to the contrary; these beliefs are not ordinarily accepted by other members of the person's culture or subculture.

(That's a paraphrase of the DSM-V; they threw on that last bit because they realized it characterized religion perfectly.)
To phrase it another way: what makes a Christian theocracy any better than a Muslim theocracy?

It is better to live in a Christian dominated society than under Sharia law, because the Christians wouldn't be forcing you to convert, or forcing women to cover their heads.

Historically Christians have forced conversion on people of different faiths. Last I heard Ann Coulter was still demanding that Jews should be forced to convert into Christianity.

You yourself have promoted for raping people and don't think that this conflicts with your "Christian values."

Now, I'm from a country that has (one branch of) Christianity as state religion and even we realize that our laws should not be based on ANY religion. You don't force religion on people, if the only reason to forbid something is that it is against your faith then it is not something that you make a law about. Instead you will trust that those who share the faith feel the same way regardless of whether that thing is legal or not and know that you can't force those who DON'T share your faith to follow your rules.

In Europe it was mainly pagans that Christians did forced conversions on but that was for the greater good of Western Civilization because it kept Europe unified under one religion and the pagans from the the barbarian lands were primitive and the Druids were evil people who performed human sacrifice.

And where did I promote raping people?

Again, Spain. Muslims and Jews don't count as "pagan" even by the loosest definition. Or are you gonna try to tell me the Inquisition never happened? "Convert or die" is a thing with you Catholics.
Jesus Christ...

This just keeps getting worse.

And I haven't even gotten to the part where I point out that Jacobine here talked about subverting democracies and starting a war to take over much of the world and at the same time complains about Muslims because he fears they might do the same.

The difference is that the Muslims are plotting to take over the West which is NOT rightfully theirs while I am talking about restoring the throne of England to someone that rightfully theirs
Society and History / Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Last post by ironbite on August 17, 2018, 01:15:04 pm »
...so that one ref in New Japan kills people?
Society and History / Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Last post by Skybison on August 17, 2018, 12:28:14 pm »
I theorize that the red shoes worn by certain people are earned, not worn ‘just because’.

IMO..they represent blood on the feet. To be initiated into this death cult, you must kill virgins in a Babylonian style death ritual.

About a swimming pool owned by Anderson Cooper's mom

The pool with nooses? The virgins are strung up, and the initiate cuts them (wont get into details) and bleeds them out. The initiate is walking around in their blood doing his evil work, and ends up with red feet.

Thus they wear red shoes to symbolize their deeds, and SYMBOLISM WILL BE THEIR DOWNFALL.
Bug Reports / Re: Something's wrong with avatars
« Last post by RavynousHunter on August 17, 2018, 11:25:21 am »
Yeah...kinda missing mine, too.  I tried resetting it and got nada.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10