Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Should we stop using war as population culling of our young people?

For most of our Godless history, governments and religions have used war to reduce the population of their unruly men and women. This is understandable for those times, as tribes, governments and religions would have wanted to reduce the overrepresented male numbers, as compared to much fewer female numbers. Population balance, unfortunately, was required.

Ancient tough love from the Gods.

Modern wars seem to be designed to continue that vile policy.

Should we ask our political and oligarchic masters to stop wasting our young people with ancient ways?

If we are not to change our ways, cull the old. We are living too long, and the joys are fewer, as we watch the young be buried before the old. The opposite of what nature wants to see.

Culling the old is the moral thing to do. Our ways of culling the young are not natural.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-15449959

Regards
DL
They're odd things baptismal certificates, I have one. My mum gave it to me on my birthday in a photo with a bunch of old, cringy photos. I've always found it weird that they try to psuedo-officially count you as one of their number before you can talk but then, most folks get their religion from dping what their parents did as opposed to making any sort of informed choice .
Of course, Dpareja.

Of course many, many Hispanic Catholics would be willing to discard a paramount part of their identity.
Religion and Philosophy / Thousands of Catholic baptisms declared invalid in Arizona
« Last post by dpareja on February 18, 2022, 03:10:11 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-the-thursday-edition-1.6355198/thousands-of-baptisms-declared-invalid-in-arizona-because-of-a-single-word-1.6355339

A priest in Arizona said "We baptize you" instead of "I baptize you" during baptisms in a parish in Arizona, and as a result all such baptisms have been declared invalid, which also invalidates subsequent sacraments.

Setting aside that I personally think this should really wake these people up to how fake the whole charade is, I also feel bad for them since they lost something deeply meaningful through no fault of their own.
Politics and Government / Re: What is fascism?
« Last post by Tolpuddle Martyr on February 14, 2022, 09:49:52 am »
My two cents would be it's an elite led, reactionary movement against modernity. By "elite" I don't mean the best at anything, I'm talking about class. Not that you get entire social classes of fascists but it does arise when enough people feel threatened from below because of a changing world and fear minorities, the poor, LGBTQI etc and fear their place in the world being usurped. It doesn't matter if it's happening or not. The fear of it happening is what drives fascism.
Politics and Government / What is fascism?
« Last post by ryu238 on February 13, 2022, 02:29:47 pm »
I think it's, ethnic/racial superiority, an imagined and elaborate golden age that must be returned to by violence and purging, a world of total hierarchy, and an obsession with corrupting influences that ruin the purity and superiority of those who rightfully should guide the entire world.
I'm not trying to get actual sense out of it. That's not what I was going for with the Catholic incel, the butthurt reservist or the Gamergate comissar either.

Just seeing what drops out and also if it's shiny!
Religion and Philosophy / Re: If you had the power, would you kill the Trinity?
« Last post by davedan on February 09, 2022, 06:08:19 pm »
Sorry Tol, I think trying to reason with it is pointless. It doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense because it's cooked. Whether it's cooked because of crack (which is what I suspect) or cooked because that's just its neurological condition - it is cooked.

Just a spouting machine of oxymoron's, internal contradictions, non-sequiturs and gibberish.

An all you can eat word salad buffet, combined with a deepseated yet undeserved feeling of self importance and an arrogance that can only be born from powerful ignorance.
Well a "Gnostic" asking us heathens whay we'd do with this Trinity thing would be some kind of Trinitarian. Your question wasn't "would you kill the imaginary thing I don't believe in?"
The question presumes the existence of God so I won't focus on that part of it. The others have addressed the nature/nurture part quite well. Not sure what else there is to say.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]