Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Society and History / Re: A Victory in the Infowars!
« Last post by Askold on August 16, 2018, 11:16:18 am »
You're right about this being a bad week. But the ban is just for a week so next week we will get to enjoy his news about which chemicals turn frogs gay on Twitter.
The Roman Catholic Church is, has been, and always will be the longest-running, most powerful organized crime syndicate on the planet.
The Lounge / Re: Things That Annoy You
« Last post by RavynousHunter on August 16, 2018, 11:09:55 am »
Normally, I kinda like Guild Wars 2's Heart of Thorns expansion content.  Its quite dense with things to do and is generally relatively enjoyable.  But why, oh why, are the hero point challenges in those maps (the ones that aren't "get to the point and stand there for a bit") behind fucking boss monsters that you need a group to kill?  I don't mind 'em being challenging.  Path of Fire (the sequel expansion) got it right, as its equivalents are hard to do solo, but its certainly possible if you remember to dodge.  But champions that can one-shot your happy ass with bullshit attacks that are hard to dodge, or a sequence of attacks that totally drain your stamina before whipping out said one-hitter-quitter?  Fuck literally all that noise.
Tell me, how old was John XXIII when he called Vatican II? Unless you're saying the conspiracy goes way back, I somehow don't give too much credence to your notion.

EDIT: And, variously, what you're saying amounts to...

Or, simpler, they can stop setting the precedent that it's OK to let religion govern society.
At this point, given how systematic the coverup was, the Catholic Church should be hauled in front of the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity.

I'd shake my head but all I'm filled with is rage.

Have you started reading it? (I'm at p. 171 of the PDF.) If not, you don't know rage yet.
Society and History / Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Last post by RavynousHunter on August 16, 2018, 09:56:07 am »
"Biblically-based" and "academically excellent" are mutually fucking exclusive.

Religious "schools" should go the exact same way as for-profit schools.  Straight into the flaming, gaping maw of Hell.
Remind me again why decent, honest humans allow the Catholic Church to exist?  By this point, the few real people that work for the RCC are either so quiet as to be complicit in these atrocities (and many, MANY more throughout history), or so few in number that they can do nothing.  The rest are monsters parading around in human-style flesh-suits; up to and including the Pope, itself.
Society and History / Re: A Victory in the Infowars!
« Last post by ironbite on August 16, 2018, 07:54:50 am »
Jack kicked him off Twitter.

Ironbite-this hasn't been a good week for Jones.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]