Author Topic: Literature & Fanfiction  (Read 12878 times)

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
Literature & Fanfiction
« on: January 06, 2012, 08:34:08 pm »
Tis' where you can post your own stories/fanfiction, put links if you post your story in another website, and giving ideas.

Also, you can post links to stories/fanfics you think is good/ are so bad, it's good/just plain terrible.

Well then, have at it!   ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:26:29 am by jumpingjackflash »
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline PixelDolly

• Resident Nightmare Fetishist
  • Apprentice
  • Do you Think I'm Pretty?
Re: Literature & Fanfiction
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 09:35:22 pm »
I have two main writing projects I'm working on now:

The Darkest Show On Earth- A Story of a contortionist who discovers the circus she's working for has a few rather disturbing secrets.

Building Steam- A group of misfits testing out a rebuilt airship wind up discovering a new world.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 03:22:09 am »
I'm working on a roleplay actually, though it can be counted as fanfiction. My character is this tough bitch who is rather curious about things. One of those things is a blackhole that she's being sucked into and will come out the other side in an alternate universe. In that universe she is a murderous psychopath. That version of her is thrown into her original universe. Chaos ensues.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Smilodon

• Warrior of Perim
  • Bishop
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 08:58:30 pm »
Thousand Shinji, a crossover of Warhammer 40K and Neon Genesis Evangelion.  8)

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 03:36:05 am »
Would it not be more practicable to have each contribution as a separate thread rather than bundle everything under one title? That would make each contribution more visible.
Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 03:13:58 pm »
Untitled sci/fi trilogy

Book one; In the 21st century exploration of space stopped cold as the American government became the rulers of the world. Over the next thousand years or so, a global state of conformity took hold.
One language, one culture, one religion, etc. The Republic of Earth.
The ruling class lives increasingly pampered lives in fortified towers, while the vast majority of humanity starves and suffocates in a nightmare world below them.
In the 32nd century the famine finaly starts to affect the rulers... who finaly admit that the only way to survive is to expand into space.

Book two; In the 34th century The Republic of Earth has colonized a few dozen worlds, and confidently waves the lack of aliens as proof that their god made the universe just for humans.
Shortly after this, a civilization is discovered on a newly surveyed world. Primative humanoid creatures who build citys, and who are just begining to use crude metals. The ensuing genocide is hailed as a heroic struggle to save humanity from "devils".
Shortly after this another civilization is discovered, and they are space explorers. Again the republic embarks on genocide, but this time it backfires. The new "devils" are not so easily out-classed. A seemingly hopeless war drags on for decades, and consumes the resources of many worlds. Finaly some of the more peripheral worlds decide to leave the republic and seek peace. The republic cannot spare the ships or troops to assert dominance over the breakaway worlds, but promises dire punishment as soon as the "devils" are exterminated.

Book three; In the 36th century. Deep in the periphery. The world of Pax is governed by a council of elected officials who appoint a chancellor to oversee everything. The newest chancellor is a former deputy minister of trade, Alice Fimborgue.
The republic is remembered as a failure that could only sustain itself through oppression and war. The so-called "devils" that the republic hated, have a permanent embassy on Pax. Over a dozen worlds make up the Periphery, and they opperate as a loose confederacy that squabbles incessantly, and has occassional small wars between member worlds... but maintains a workable status-quo.

This is as far as I've got.
Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 03:22:04 pm »
Would it not be more practicable to have each contribution as a separate thread rather than bundle everything under one title? That would make each contribution more visible.

It would be preferable if one wants to start writing their stories and contributing it here in these forums, that is, actually writing a story with chapters and everything. Otherwise as the OP said, if the person writes on a separate website they can link it here. Synopsis, summaries and updates as well as ideas can be posted. The reason is if many people do write their stories it can become chaotic.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense as I have been up since 4am and I'm trying to take a nap. I'll try to clarify later.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 03:41:36 pm »
I'm going to give a nod to The Spoon Of Doom. The Spoon Of Doom  (Author has written 14 stories for Transformers/Beast Wars, Transformers, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Avatar: Last Airbender.)

She's a wonderfully cheesy author who knows not to take herself too seriously and can not for the love of her understand how she became so popular (she was shocked to find out she'd been mentioned on tvtropes). She's also the only author I've read in several years who managed to pull off a "let's make an alien species human" plot device. Of Flesh And Metal is actually well researched and well done. And when you start going "wait, that's out of character" you normally remember you've just read through 20 chapters of character growth and what they were like when it started is not who they are now.

But heads up, buttercup. This author is an unrepentant slash writer, some of her stories have elements of dub-con/non-con, Mech-preg (Which amuses me that people will bitch if you don't warn them about this. Depending on which version of the brand you're watching/reading they don't even have genders outside of social ones anyway.) features in one and gets a passing mention in two others of her Transformers works, and just about all of her Transformers works contain Sticky. If you're not part of the fandom and don't already know what that is; just smile, nod your head, pass the stories up, and resist all urges to look up the term.

As a heads up, we should probably post warnings for known squicks like slash, m-preg, etc. Or in-fandom squicks like Sticky.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:07:42 am by rosenewock21 »
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 09:50:36 pm »
I forgot I'm trying to work on an alternate history WW2-esque novel. It's hard to explain and I am missing explanation of the politics in the book to explain how World War Two continued on and why Hitler's idiotic military 'strategies' didn't end the war in 1945.

There's another one that is sci-fi that is all over the place in terms of plot. Some space Marines go off to a far-off planet for treaty forming purposes only to find themselves enslaved then forced to help take over their home planet.

Both ideas are lame once I've written them out...

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 04:12:38 pm »
I forgot I'm trying to work on an alternate history WW2-esque novel. It's hard to explain and I am missing explanation of the politics in the book to explain how World War Two continued on and why Hitler's idiotic military 'strategies' didn't end the war in 1945.

Easy solution.
Hitler was shot down while flying from Paris to Berlin in june of 1940.
This alowed Goering to become chancelor, with Richenhoffen and Galland as joint reichsminister luftwaft.
Goering was first and formost a hedonist, thus he was reasonable. He was also related to nobility,which made him human in the eyes of Churchill.
Chancellor Goering offers Algeria to England, and renames it "Georgeland". He renames Algeirs "Churchillville". and offers Lord Churchill a gift of several German made battleships.
Churchill signs the armistice, and sits down with Goering to discuss the eventual partition of Russia.
Delay Barbarosa untill april '42, and make it a two pronged invasion. with the whole commonwealth invading Russia through Afganistan.
Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 05:53:25 pm »
That's not as easy as it sounds, considering what I've got in my notes. This is like 1954 that it happens. There's so much filler to detail. But I was like 14 when I wrote it and I was really obsessed with WW2 stuff and I thought i'd try my hand at alt-history.

I may just abandon it. My main character is stupid anyhow.

&

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 02:16:08 pm »
That's not as easy as it sounds, considering what I've got in my notes. This is like 1954 that it happens. There's so much filler to detail. But I was like 14 when I wrote it and I was really obsessed with WW2 stuff and I thought i'd try my hand at alt-history.

Damm.. Dont abandon it.
I actualy wanna see this novel.

Offline malendras

• Neonate
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 11:38:59 pm »
I'm (in the early stages of) writing a GLaDOS/Hermione Granger slashfic. I don't have much written at the moment, I just started. I'm also re-playing both Portals and re-reading some HP books to get a better perspective. This should be fun.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 12:30:07 am »
I want to write a conspiracy book. Like, a novel that combines all these conspiracy theories into one, but it's not what you think they are. For example, the people trying to put the Antichrist into power are not Satanists, but extremely zealous Christians who want to bring about the Second Coming faster.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 01:16:09 am »

Damm.. Dont abandon it.
I actualy wanna see this novel.

:) Well, that certainly gives me hope that at least one person besides me would want to read it. I really have to get to work on removing the stupid sentences in the book and everything before I even starting editing in filler.

&