Author Topic: Just an FYI from sandman  (Read 15906 times)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
Just an FYI from sandman
« on: January 13, 2012, 12:30:28 pm »
Just wanted to let everyone know, I got "THE CALL" today from my doctor, and I'm afraid the news was not good. The best way I can say it is with a joke.

Shamus goes on vacation and leaves his dog with Angus to look after. The second day of his vacation Angus calls him.
"Shamus, I've got some bad news. Your dog ran out into the street and got hit by a bus. He's dead, I'm afraid." Shamus gets really angry and starts yelling at his friend.
"What, are ya daft, man? You don't just call up a bloke and tell him his dog is dead! Ya gotta work up to it! Call him the first day and tell him the dog is stuck on the roof, but that you called the fire brigade and everything will be OK. Then the next day you call and tell him the fire brigade couldn't come so you're gonna go up and get the dog yourself. Then the next day tell him the dog fell and is at the vet's. And the next day, THEN you tell him the dog died. Give him some time to get used to the damn idea!"
Angus feels terrible and apologizes to his friend profusely.
The next day Shamus again gets a call from Angus.
"What is it now?" Shamus demands.
"Well, see," says Angus, "the thing is, your mum is stuck on the roof...."

Well, I see to be stuck on the roof. Prostate cancer. Now, the doctor's say it looks good. It's not too terribly bad, they say, (as if there was a cancer that WASN'T bad) and I'm otherwise healthy. We are currently discussing treatment options. I'm hoping I don't have to go into hospital, but if I do, I do. I heard the term "golfball sized" and that did not make me feel confident.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
Re: Just an FYI from sandman
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 12:37:35 pm »
Gee, Sandman, sorry to hear that.  Golf ball size doesn't sound real good, but if the doctor says it doesn't look too bad, maybe it can be successfully treated, even if it does require surgery.  There are a lot of prostate cancer survivors out there.

Hope everything goes well for you.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 12:40:39 pm »
Whether or not it is “not bad,” it is very much not good, either. I’ll be rooting for you, Sandman.
-A Pen Name

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 12:42:34 pm »
Sweet Jebus, I hope things go well.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:47:55 pm »
I'm so sorry Sandman.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

deadpandoubter

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 12:52:15 pm »
*hugs Sandman* I'm sorry to hear that, I hope all goes as well as possible. My grandfather got through his prostate cancer nicely, and he was in poor health even at that time, so I hope you'll have an even easier time of it.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 01:50:38 pm »
Damn, Sandman, I'm really sorry to hear that. It's good to know that the doctor is optimistic about your prognosis, however. Hopefully they'll get this all sorted out ASAP. *hug*
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 02:47:19 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that, Sandman. I hope everything goes well. Keep us updated. *hugs*
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 02:47:32 pm »
Damn...best wishes and speedy recovery, brother.  *hug*
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 02:53:58 pm »
God damn, Sandman, I hope things work out for you. :( *hugs*
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

QueenofHearts

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 03:06:55 pm »
At least the doctor seems optimistic, that's a good sign. Hope everything goes well.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 03:29:07 pm »
That's never something you want to hear. At least the doc thinks it's something you can take care of.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 03:41:16 pm »
My thoughts are with you, Sandman. Best of luck with your treatment.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 03:43:18 pm »
Sorry to hear that Sandman. While no cancer is good to have, at least prostate cancer has a high survival rate, and from what you said your prognosis seems good.

One of my uncles had it a few years back and the worst he suffered from it was having to pee like every 10 minutes after the surgery.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 03:43:32 pm »
Oh wow dude.  That sucks so much.  I sure hope they're able to deal with the cancer effectively. :/
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.