Author Topic: RCC to ban infertile people from marriage  (Read 18332 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: RCC to ban infertile people from marriage
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 07:14:07 pm »
I suppose they don't believe that adopting or having IVF would be an acceptable means of reproducing children? What if the woman isn't infertile, but her husband is? Don't these asshole's understand that they could still care for children in this world and have a family?

Adoption, yes.  IVF, no--having babies in any way but the natural method is a perversion of what sex is all about.  Because the semen is generally obtained through the "intrinsically disordered act" of masturbation.

According to the Vatican, you shouldn't have sex without allowing a baby, and you shouldn't have babies without having sex.  Because sex and babies are inextricably linked, you see.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:36 pm »
Suddenly, their child molestation makes so much more sense.

Offline Xander Zzyzx

• Apprentice
  • Now with 25% more devil
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 07:56:23 pm »
Like I needed any MORE reasons not to stay with the Roman Catholic Church. And I thought that marriages were granted by the government now, so the church cannot revoke something that was granted by the state.

It would be really funny if the Onion made it up...

I actually really hope that this was from The Onion.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:18:01 pm by Tiado »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 08:10:55 pm »
It would be really funny if the Onion made it up...
Exactly, it reads like something straight out of the Onion.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, 11:10:54 pm »
My father is a devout RC... He even went to college to become a priest before he met his FIRST WIFE (HORRORS!!!! DIVORCE!!!!), and he'd fucking punch these buggers in the nose for being retarded! I'm SOOO happy my father's more progressive than those ass-wipe's... He doesn't mind contraceptives, understands that abortion is necessary in some instances, supports equal rights for homosexuals, and is tolerant of MOST other religions (the only one he has a problem with is the Muslim faith, and that's just because he hates the way women are treated over in the middle east).

They shot themselves in the foot this time, I think... I suppose they don't believe that adopting or having IVF would be an acceptable means of reproducing children? What if the woman isn't infertile, but her husband is? Don't these asshole's understand that they could still care for children in this world and have a family?

Never happens.  It's always the women's fault.  The man is never ever at fault.

Ironbite-and that's the official stance from the RCC

Offline Joey

• Bishop
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 03:46:42 am »
This extreme Catholic fundamentalism is exactly what Rick Santorum believes in and is why he is so truly scary.
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 09:32:57 am »
I can't find any Catholic sources to corroborate this.  It seems to have stemmed from some anti-Catholic sources, possibly out of misunderstanding (or deliberate misinterpretation) of their anti-impotence rule.
Anti-impotence rule? ???
-A Pen Name

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 10:59:24 am »
I actually went on the actual Vatican news site. Pope Benny in one of his speeches said something like: "policies which undermine the family threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself."

Make of that what you will.

My Source

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 11:46:02 am »
The anti-impotence rule is that if a man is impotent, he isn't allowed to get married in the RCC.  Which is every bit as stupid as this.  Actually, here.  This has a list of all the rules that can invalidate a marriage in the Catholic Church.  Infertility isn't.  On the other hand, if you can have children, but don't intend to, that does invalidate the marriage. 

As for this being from the Onion, this is more like something out of a Chick Tract.  That is, it's someone making things up to try and and discredit the Catholic Church.  Why they bothered with all the actual ammo available, I couldn't say.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2012, 12:02:26 pm »
Well, there goes any remaining ability I may have had to take anything they say in Church about marriage as a covenant of love seriously. It’s just a sex and breeding machine to them.
-A Pen Name

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2012, 12:30:40 pm »
The anti-impotence rule is that if a man is impotent, he isn't allowed to get married in the RCC.  Which is every bit as stupid as this.  Actually, here.  This has a list of all the rules that can invalidate a marriage in the Catholic Church.  Infertility isn't. 

The problem with wikipedia is if this is a new, unconfirmed edict they may not have edited that page quite yet. As I said, what the Pope said could also be misconstrued as being in support of a ban on infertile marriages. Without actually saying it.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2012, 01:34:16 pm »
No, if it was an edict, they'd be more open about it.  That's the thing about edicts.  They have to actually tell people about them for them to be effective.

Plus, the Church has already confirmed that this wasn't their intention.  Benny-boy's just trying to drum up support for their anti-gay policies again.

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 01:51:28 pm »
Wow. The RCC is getting deperate or stupider. IDK which.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2012, 02:01:48 pm »
No, if it was an edict, they'd be more open about it.  That's the thing about edicts.  They have to actually tell people about them for them to be effective.

Plus, the Church has already confirmed that this wasn't their intention.  Benny-boy's just trying to drum up support for their anti-gay policies again.

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying. If one archbishop says 'oh this is what we're doing now' and then the Vatican goes 'bwuh' then it's not confirmed by anyone more than the archbishop, yes? Therefore there is no point to edit an article just yet about how the entire church does things. It is an unconfirmed edict and incapable of being edited in. Also incapable of being put into practice by more than the one archbishop.

I also didn't see anything from the actual Vatican that said it was entirely wrong. The link that was posted some time ago didn't seem to confirm or deny anything to me. Not concretely. Just ass-covering. Googling didn't help either.

Maybe I'm just dense from lack of sleep, tho.

&

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 02:30:35 pm »
Here's where Cruz explains that the Church doesn't bar infertility.  Cruz was supposedly the one who said it in the first place.  Even if he had said it, he's been retired since 2009, and no longer makes any sort of policy.  While the church has said in a number of points that marriage is there for procreation, they've said that mostly in response to gay marriage.

So, to recap.  This appears to have started in anti-Catholic papers.  Cruz denies having said it.  No other sources within the Church have said it.  Even if Cruz had said it, he's not in a position to be able to make that sort of proclamation.