Author Topic: Stories from Life  (Read 8767 times)

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
Stories from Life
« on: November 01, 2012, 11:34:00 pm »
I love telling stories about the things that go on in my day to day life. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like I have a pretty interesting life. A lot of the time I’ll want to make a post on here about some of the stuff, but there isn't really a thread to put it in. Sometimes I just throw it in the Things That Annoy You thread or the Anything Good Happen Today? thread. But sometimes they just don’t fit anywhere.

This is that thread.

So this is what happened to me today.

I have this stethoscope and it came with three different size ear pieces. You can screw them on and off, and they are constantly falling off. Constantly. They won't stay tight and every time I move, they go flying.

A few weeks ago I lost one. I couldn't find it anywhere, so I just put one of my extras on.

One fell off again today. I was at school and class had just ended and when I stood up, I saw the ear piece sitting on my coat. I was all annoyed that it had fallen off again,  and I put it in my pocket to put on later.

So when I got home I pulled my stethoscope out of my backpack so I could put the ear piece back on.

But the stethoscope wasn't missing one.

Both were still screwed on tight.

Seriously. I think this is the missing ear piece from like a month ago. It literally appeared out of thin air. 

So anyhow, tell me about your interesting lives.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
Re: Stories from Life
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 11:39:55 pm »
It was a gift from the aliens that watch you.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:29:24 am »
My life is rather boring and mostly filled with me trying my hardest not to fall asleep in class and trying to get ready for collage goddess I hate being in high school.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 01:06:10 am »
I decided to cook outside today, since Ka and I are the only ones here today, aside from two guests, one who's gonna be here for a day or two more, so I had ta cook for him, too.  No big bother, besides, I love cooking!

Anywho, I made burgers and cooked up a big-ass steak I found in the freezer, the latter of which I cut into 3 bits and we shared.  Well, while waiting for das meat to cook (I've become pretty comfortable cooking meat, so I'm not watching it constantly), I decided to entertain my brother, who's window is open on cool nights like tonight, by pretending to be my dad in a foul mood, and yelled at the trees.

Yes, he actually does this, and yes, its fucking hilarious to mock.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 08:21:33 am »
One time when I was younger, my siblings and I were picking blueberries with my mom and I started to get bored.  Some elderly guy told me to look in a certain spot and I found a five dollar bill.  I got wicked excited and started picking like crazy.  Several years later I found out that he told my mom that he could tell I was becoming bored and planted it there to keep me interested.

Another good one that happened more recently was when I went camping at the beach this summer.  We had gone swimming and when we got back to our campsite, I noticed that my ring was missing.  I started to panic, and ran down to the beach to see if I could find it.  After about ten minutes of searching, a family came over and helped me look for like another five minutes.  Right as we were about to give up, the mom of the family found it half sticking out of the sand.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 12:00:31 am »
I have a rather boring life, there's my story... :-\

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 12:18:15 am »
I don't believe that. Interesting things happen all the time. I can think of like three story-worthy moments of my day today.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 12:23:06 am »
I went to a fair today I had fun that's about it.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 06:16:24 am »
I had my photo taken with a friend and her dog today ;D

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 06:27:31 am »
I crashed eric's wedding.

ironbite-OR WILL I?!?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 06:31:46 am »
I will always be consistent with my use of tenses.

Art Vandelay - Or was I?

Offline Sandafluffoid

• Bishop
  • Defective Detective
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 03:36:53 am »
Today I discovered the importance of word boundaries in Chinese when I misread "..or we may face a population explosion" as "...or people may come in our mouths"
Oh look it's me.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 03:46:59 am »
Either way, it's something to be avoided.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 06:33:25 am »
Today I discovered the importance of word boundaries in Chinese when I misread "..or we may face a population explosion" as "...or people may come in our mouths"

Kind of have opposite meanings, in an indirect way...
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 11:31:33 am »
My friend's sister Natalie was at a festival where they were handing out free goldfish (the animal, not the cracker). A guy there thought it'd be funny to take his goldfish and replace its water entirely with root beer, laughing like a fucking child as he poured it in there. Natalie saw this and was so angry, she went over to the guy, took the fish from him, and gave it some proper water. She ended up taking it home and is getting a tank for it, because she is that awesome.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades