Author Topic: Operation Zeus (when did Greece lose its mind?)  (Read 9261 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Operation Zeus (when did Greece lose its mind?)
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2013, 11:10:26 am »
You know, as soon as they fuck around, the UN will make them shit themselves. Mainly because Germany isn't going to bail out the new Nazi party. Also, am I the only one that thinks that their name sounds like someone stole it from a bunch of vampire hunters or mages from a fantasy universe?

It always makes me think of the Mythic Dawn, the cult from Oblivion that tries to destroy the world and build their own.
Yeah, that might actually be the ones that were knocking in the back of my head.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2013, 04:05:30 pm »
Great salad!
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »
If the Golden Dawn actually takes power and starts with racist bullshit, I expect they'll be swiftly expelled from the EU.

I almost want this to happen just so I can see them get bitch-slapped by the rest of Europe for their douchebaggery. Almost.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2013, 11:33:39 pm »
If the Golden Dawn actually takes power and starts with racist bullshit, I expect they'll be swiftly expelled from the EU.

Greece wants to leave the EU. The EU doesn't want to let them leave. If Greece leaves the EU (defaulting on their loans as they go, of course) they can engage in the kind of external devaluation the Euro won't allow. Then maybe they can export their way out of the recession. Complete disaster for Germany of course- no more easy access to uncompetitive Southern markets for you to impoverish.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 11:49:41 am »

Greece wants to leave the EU. The EU doesn't want to let them leave. If Greece leaves the EU (defaulting on their loans as they go, of course) they can engage in the kind of external devaluation the Euro won't allow. Then maybe they can export their way out of the recession. Complete disaster for Germany of course- no more easy access to uncompetitive Southern markets for you to impoverish.
I want Greece to leave, default on their loans, get war declared on them for it by the EU (therefore dragging America in) and Greece be slaughtered. Just to piss off people who are on Greece's side.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2013, 11:50:46 am »

I want Greece to leave, default on their loans, get war declared on them for it by the EU (therefore dragging America in) and Greece be slaughtered. Just to piss off people who are on Greece's side.
...I don't think leaving the EU works that way.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2013, 11:56:57 am »

...I don't think leaving the EU works that way.
I know, but if they owed major money and went full Nazi, the EU might not be too happy.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 09:09:43 am »
I know, but if they owed major money and went full Nazi, the EU might not be too happy.
This isn't the middle ages. You can't declare war over unpaid loans*. In fact, Germany in particular can't declare war over anything short of self defense.

*As long as you're not America. When your military budget is almost equal to the rest of the world combined, you can generally do whatever the fuck you want. Though I can't imagine America would be too bothered with Greece.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 10:07:37 am »
Let 'em leave.  Either they'll go into massive ruin, and subsequently MASSIVE social upheaval, or they'll attack Turkey and get the entire Western world shoved up their ass.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 12:56:23 am »

Gunboat diplomacy has been illegal for a century.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 05:09:55 am »
From the Golden Dawn Wikipedia page, Section titled "Stance toward other countries":

"In 2012, the party leader, Nikolaos Mihaloliakos, said during an election meeting in Thessaloniki that "We will take İstanbul, İzmir as well as the Black Sea back." Earlier, Mihaloliakos had said that one day the "Queen City" (Istanbul) will be "liberated". These regions once had significant Greek populations until the Treaty of Lausanne. He criticized Thessaloniki's mayor for wanting to name one of the city's streets after Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.

In January 2013, a group of supporters of Golden Dawn attacked the car of the Turkish Consul General, Osman İlhan Şener, in Komotini during an anti-Turkey protest. The party members also insulted Atatürk during the attack.

Mihaloliakos has also called for the "liberation" of Northern Epirus, which is today part of southern Albania, has a substantial Greek population and is claimed by Greek irredentists. His party also supports the annexation of Cyprus. Election adverts for Golden Dawn depicted the burning of US and Israeli flags."

If they remembered more than five minutes ago, they'd know that was what caused the collapse of the last dictatorship in Greece, back in the seventies.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 05:25:47 am »

I think you're mixing up EU and eurozone, which is not the same thing. To devalue the currency they need to leave the euro, which is an idea that has been bandied about multiple times over the last years. It would be a clusterfuck on its own; whether it'd be worse than the ongoing clusterfuck I'm not judging.
But leaving the euro doesn't automatically mean leaving the EU, too. It might be done in addition, but it's a whole other business. Though I'm pretty sure the GD would be all for it.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 05:49:52 am »

My lack of care about what's legal vs. what I want is astonishing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 05:55:06 am »

Yes, we've been trying to talk to you about that.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 06:10:19 am »

Slaughter people for fun and profit!

-FDR