Author Topic: Want a signature gif?  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Want a signature gif?
« on: December 15, 2013, 07:04:54 am »
As I've mentioned, I've been working on making gifs. I'm getting better but practice makes perfect. I'm also willing to make a 'still' signature image, but they probably won't be superb but I will do my best to make it look nice.

Here's what you need to do:
Show/Movie/Video- You need to be able to provide me with the scene or screencap if I do not own the media. Generally the 'scene' should not go on longer than about 5 seconds or so. This is because of how many frames I might need to extract. The more frames, the bigger the file, the more strain it puts on the servers of the forum.

What you want on it- Text wise. It can be the quote from the scene or you can come up with something else. I am limited in having a lot of text on gifs for obvious reasons (you don't want to over-power the scene) but I have a wider range with 'stills'. Please also be aware that the text you want should be short. Anything longer than 15 words generally will not fit very nicely and distracts to boot.

Size- I will not do anything taller than 300px and will generally not go wider than 500px. Any size in before that is free game. I have a good reason- big signature images gif or otherwise are distracting and causes people to scroll more than they might with a smaller signature. I want to be kind to other forumites who have signatures enabled.

Type- Gif or still.

Coloring- do you want it black and white, sepia, or full color?

Examples:

Here's a list of media I have available. See after the list about what if you want something from a thing I don't have:
Games
Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 w/ all pertinent DLC (meaning minus most cosmetic DLC such as alt uniforms)
Bioshock 1, 2 and Infinite
Saints Row 3 and 4
The Last of Us
Skyrim
Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Tomb Raider (reboot)

Shows if you ask for something from any of these tv shows, I absolutely need the season, episode, as well as start and end times of the part you want.
The L Word
Teen Wolf
Battlestar Galactica
Star Trek (TOS, TNG, VOY)

Movies
Star Wars (all 6)
Pacific Rim
Star Trek (2009 reboot, Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, maybe Into Darkness)
The Eagle
Sucker Punch
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (American)
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who Played with Fire, Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (Swedish subbed)
X-Men First Class

I doubt anyone will take me up on it. But hey I'm here. The software that I use allows me to pull frames from any video I can load up on my computer, meaning if you give me a youtube clip I can pull frames from the video with no hassle whatsoever. If you have a custom character then you'll have to upload a video of them if you want me to make a gif of them. Just because I don't have something listed doesn't mean I won't work with the material. I simply don't personally own it which will make it so that the quality could be iffy if I have to rely on a video from youtube or anywhere else.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Want a signature gif?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:25:57 pm »
... As long as nobody's clamoring for a gif, I'd like one of the Shadow Broker (the yhag, not Liara) getting the ceiling dropped on his head. It can be any size/length you want, I'm not picky, but I want to make sure it's got the bit where Liara yanks down with her biotics. Full color, no text (Maybe "Now!"?), yadda yadda. Thank you!
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 12:28:27 pm »
How's this?

I can go back in and edit the text if you like. Or if you want me to go earlier in the scene, I can do that too.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 07:49:58 pm »
How's this?

I can go back in and edit the text if you like. Or if you want me to go earlier in the scene, I can do that too.
Nope, that's awesome! I'll grab it once I can get to a decent computer, the one I'm on is shit. Thank you so much!!
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 10:20:58 pm »
No problem just glad you like it. :3

&