Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387215 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2016, 03:40:47 am »
Considering his previous comments about China it should not have been a surprise that he continued making them angry. New cold war to justify more military spending?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2016, 05:32:55 am »
Eurasia is our ally. We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Edit: while the abrupt change in foreign policy towards appeasement with Russia and saber-rattling against China matches surprisingly well with Oceania's, the American society still has a long way to go to become outright Orwellian. It's just a funny coincidence, really. I'm aware I'm ruining the joke by explaining it, but since several of my comments have already been interpreted in a more extreme/literal way than I intended them to be, better safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:50:36 am by Murdin »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2016, 08:09:04 am »
Considering his previous comments about China it should not have been a surprise that he continued making them angry. New cold war to justify more military spending?
That resembles something done with forethought. Trump may have rat bastard cunning but this looks more like a screw up borne of the man's spectacular ignorance. First of many I'll wager.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2016, 06:54:12 pm »
At least China is not angry enough to say it out loud. They are saying that Trump was just tricked by Taiwan. ...Which is another way to say that they don't think he means anything bad, he's just an idiot is the way they took it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2016, 08:19:08 pm »
That's even worse for him.  He's basically being told to shut up, sit down, and play with his coloring books while the grown ups deal with making dinner.

Ironbite-I LOVE IT!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2016, 12:07:12 am »
So basically Jill Stein dropped the recount in PA due to costs.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2016, 02:48:04 am »
Doesn't she have more of Putin's cash to spend?

Come on lady, go for Medvedev's money if you're that cash strapped!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2016, 02:55:24 am »
Honestly, I'd make it a federal law that if the difference between the top 2 for any federal office (including electors for President) is less than 1% of the total votes cast, there's an automatic recount, overseen by judges, costs paid by the federal government, which cannot be interrupted, challenged, or stopped for any reason barring natural disasters, and mandate paper trails for all voting machines (or, better, that voting machines used for federal elections read voter-marked paper ballots, not just print off a paper receipt). (Up here the federal threshold is 0.1%, and, yes, I'd make that 1%, too.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2016, 03:12:53 am »
Doesn't she have more of Putin's cash to spend?

Come on lady, go for Medvedev's money if you're that cash strapped!

...What are you talking about?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2016, 03:54:30 am »
* Jill Stein went on TYT for an online forum. She proceeded to praise Assange and Vladimir Putin, and said if she became President she would pardon Assange or something.
* Stein has also gone on record saying she considers Trump's foreign policy less scary...because he wants to work with Russia.
* has also said that Hillary is less dangerous than Donald Trump extrapolating from the above.
* Assange for his part saw a fellow in her and said attacks on her would go "through the roof".
* She showed up on Russia's propaganda outlet RT - also seen in the same clip is Michael Flynn, who really needs no new intro - and what's more sat at the head table with Putin himself.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2016, 12:56:26 pm »
Honestly, I'd make it a federal law that if the difference between the top 2 for any federal office (including electors for President) is less than 1% of the total votes cast, there's an automatic recount, overseen by judges, costs paid by the federal government, which cannot be interrupted, challenged, or stopped for any reason barring natural disasters, and mandate paper trails for all voting machines (or, better, that voting machines used for federal elections read voter-marked paper ballots, not just print off a paper receipt). (Up here the federal threshold is 0.1%, and, yes, I'd make that 1%, too.)

Your proposed law violates basic precepts of federalism, and is unconstitutional.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2016, 01:10:54 pm »

Your proposed law violates basic precepts of federalism, and is unconstitutional.

That's fair. I think it would make elections fairer, but I can see how it is ultra vires the federal government. Still, there could be the "bribe them to do it" approach (or the "withhold highway funding" approach--as I recall that's how the federal government got the drinking age raised to 21 in every state).

However, I would note that it doesn't necessarily violate basic precepts of federalism, only US-style federalism (up here the federal governments regulates its own elections, for instance, and Canada is most definitely federal*), and constitutions can be amended.

*If you want to object that Canada leaves residual powers to the federal government, not the provinces, then I would note, for one, that provinces also regulate their own elections, and for another, that in Australia, which is also federal, residual powers are left to the states, not the federal government**, and the federal government, rather than the states, regulates federal elections.

**This is why the gun ban in Australia is achieved through coordinating state and territorial legislation, rather than federal legislation. The Australian government has no authority to regulate firearms.

My proposal may well violate the precepts of the federal system to which you're accustomed, but it most definitely does not violate the "basic precepts of federalism," because the particulars of an implementation of the concept of federalism that are not shared across all systems implementing it (as this one is not) cannot, by definition, be "basic precepts."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2016, 06:18:34 am »
Took a gander at Wikipedia's page on Trump's 2000 presidential bid. Makes for interesting reading.

For instance, Trump campaigned for universal health care, named Oprah Winfrey as his ideal running mate and called Pat Buchanan a "Hitler Lover".

I wonder if he really believes in anything, aside from making a quick exit with pockets full of suckers money that is.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2016, 08:02:18 am »
He's basically a con man.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2016, 09:29:06 am »
Said it before, sayin it again: the only thing in which Donald Trump believes is Donald Trump.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.