Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156195 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #390 on: August 31, 2017, 12:03:39 pm »

Jocasta,

Hey, I ain't Jocasta!  Though, he is freakin' awesome and all.   ;D

My beef with what Amos was saying was that on one hand, he's saying some people are of "the elect" and some are not....but then he goes on to say something about how we don't know who God will select in the future.  Okay, if it's all predetermined, then all the "selecting" has already been done, right?

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #391 on: August 31, 2017, 01:29:01 pm »
Sorry King - I'm hanging my head in shame...  :) 

The elect is anyone who believes in Jesus.

The elect is said to be chosen before the foundation of the World

I think I'm in shock. Amos listened to me about that there will still be people turning to God and we can't tell who will be saved, and that is why (for Amos) we need to be kind, because Jesus will not recognize anyone who is not kind and caring - example used was they did not give him clothes when they saw him on the street - and even the Elect can lose their salvation if they are not living the way a Christian should live. I guess it's like here's the rules; those who do not live by those rules won't be saved. Not that the rules are hard to follow. He wanted us to be good people, loving each other, treating each other well, helping people, comforting people. By behaving as a Christian we reflect the goodness of Christ and that gives Glory to God.

He believes that if you are brought up in a church household, that the children are also Elect but I pointed out that the only way that we are Elect is because of the belief of Jesus, and many children who come of age will leave the faith. He had not thought of that type of thing.

Yes God has "chosen" but the fact is we don't know who is and is not chosen. And everyone has until their death (or the end of times) to turn to Jesus. So anyone could be an Elect, and that is how Jesus is testing us to see if we behave in a Christian-like behaviour. The people who harass the gays could easily be losing their salvation if they are as hateful to the gays on CNN they will be the same outside and it's not love of the sinner hate of the sin. They hate them. There is no way they don't when they start demeaning them the minute they post against them.
God will be the judge of course, but if all Lutherans are like Amos (God forbid!) they don't understand that they have to love everyone and treat people the way we are supposed to treat them - like we ourselves want to be treated. Every time they are rude to a gay - or anyone else, they are going against God's Word. The problem is that they don't realize the next person that they are unloving to? Could be the one that is testing them for Jesus. That example was to emphasis that they are supposed to do what he taught us to and can lose our salvation if we choose not to.

Does that help KingOfRhye?

The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2017, 04:27:18 pm »
Anyone who gets banned:  Just come back under another name.  Everyone else does the same thing, including the fundies...just ask Matthew Mason/slidellman4life/Jason Todd/Jerome Horowitz.  Or that blithering idiot Guest Verified, who has used probably 8 names by now.

And if it doesn't let you post even after changing your name, it means you are IP banned (i.e. it knows your computer's home address).  That's an easy workaround too, just get a program like TOR browser.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2017, 04:39:19 pm »
Anyone who gets banned:  Just come back under another name.  Everyone else does the same thing, including the fundies...just ask Matthew Mason/slidellman4life/Jason Todd/Jerome Horowitz.  Or that blithering idiot Guest Verified, who has used probably 8 names by now.
And if it doesn't let you post even after changing your name, it means you are IP banned (i.e. it knows your computer's home address).  That's an easy workaround too, just get a program like TOR browser.

Ok. Does it mean anything that I can still upvote comments?

Bob J. suggested a name contest for my new name: It's on the board he made for me, if you want to put in a bid! lol
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #394 on: August 31, 2017, 06:59:07 pm »

Ok. Does it mean anything that I can still upvote comments?

Bob J. suggested a name contest for my new name: It's on the board he made for me, if you want to put in a bid! lol

Yes, you can still upvote AND downvote once you have an active new account on Disqus.  I wouldn't advertise the fact that you're you though, that would just give Christian News Network all the ammo they need to ban you again.  Change up your writing style a bit or something.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2017, 07:49:09 pm »
found via the daily posts on FSTDT
http://conservatism.referata.com/wiki/Fundies_Say_the_Darndest_Things

Fundies Say the Darndest Things (FSTDT) is a liberal mockery website that is a haven for apostasy, feminism, heresy, homosexual behavior, and the lust of the flesh. The site engages in demonic glorification, gloating, arrogance, pride, and otherwise reprehensible behavior. Unsavory comments allude to desiring carnal relationships, and they have a love affair for Darwinism and they tolerate Taylor Swift the evil harlot succubus. There is no substance on the site, no research, no biblical values, and no other redeeming qualities whatsoever.
This website plagiarizes and ridicules content produced by New Testament Baptist Church.

I guess they must have read my signature, see below! ;)
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #396 on: August 31, 2017, 08:03:08 pm »
Hey Bob, that link to wiki

If you go to the edit tab, they forgot to save it so no one else can edit it. LOL

I thought I'd leave it for you guys to have fun with.

Is the New Testament Baptist Church - Lady Checkmate's Church?

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #397 on: August 31, 2017, 08:39:12 pm »
Anyone who gets banned:  Just come back under another name.  Everyone else does the same thing, including the fundies...just ask Matthew Mason/slidellman4life/Jason Todd/Jerome Horowitz.

Indeed.  My favorite Horowitz was Barry, anyway.  (80s/90s pro wrestling jobber who was actually a very very good worker...)

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #398 on: August 31, 2017, 08:52:03 pm »
Anyone who gets banned:  Just come back under another name.

Here's a possibility for you, Jocasta:
Sergeant Detritus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Discworld)#Detritus

Yes, he is a dumb troll.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2017, 09:09:34 pm »
He used to work as a splatter at a bar.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #400 on: September 01, 2017, 12:36:13 am »
In case anyone is interested, I wondered who the guy in Amos's avatar picture was so I fed it into a search program, and it's an old actor named Eddie Anderson.  It looked to me like a character from the old Amos and Andy show, which would make more sense given Amos's name.  But it's not.

Also, there was a hit song in the 70s called "Amos Moses" by country singer Jerry Reed.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:37:51 am by Jocasta »

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #401 on: September 01, 2017, 01:17:49 am »
He used to work as a splatter at a bar.
Like a bouncer, but trolls are a bit more forceful :p

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #402 on: September 01, 2017, 01:19:30 am »
If anyone is curious, been trying to get Amos to admit a paradox. Having about as much success as you'd imagine.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #403 on: September 01, 2017, 07:12:58 am »
If anyone is curious, been trying to get Amos to admit a paradox. Having about as much success as you'd imagine.

Does Amos know what a paradox IS?

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #404 on: September 01, 2017, 03:59:03 pm »

Over here we see him misunderstanding burden of proof...yet again.  Also he claims evidence of God and says essentially that science owes everything to God.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 04:01:47 pm by Jocasta »