Author Topic: David J Stewart (aka Gilligan Q Shorteyes) thread.  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
David J Stewart (aka Gilligan Q Shorteyes) thread.
« on: May 07, 2018, 12:32:29 am »
As mainpage is still down after an entire week I think we've all been missing some of our favorite fundies so I think it's time the mainstays getting posted here will fill in the void.

In case anyone reading this is out of the loop: David Stewart, DJS, whatever you want to call him, is a fundie internet preacher and convicted child sexual abuser who currently lives in Guam and is not allowed to leave the island. His posts frequently get weirdly sexual and he's highly misogynistic and homophobic. For years he's been a mainpage favorite.

To start us off here's a recent post he did on School shootings
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20Government/school_shootings.htm

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: David J Stewart (aka Gilligan Q Shorteyes) thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 03:41:18 am »
For a while it seemed like his posts had faded.

I suspect his health may well be failing.

Considering he was around at the very start of FSTDT...it'd be highly weird to not have him around.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:10:39 am »
He has the same ideas about garish use of colors on his website that the Westboro Baptists do on their protest signs.  Be as over-the-top as possible in other words.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 08:31:15 am »
I laughed after reading the headline and the first sentence of the article:

Why So Many School Shootings in America?

(scripture quote, blahblahblah.....)

The “ANSWER” is and has always been the inspired Word of God.

So he's saying the Bible is to blame for the shootings!

(I think maybe he should rephrase that, that might not be what he meant....)

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 09:57:55 am »
I wonder how many actual FOLLOWERS he has.

Then again, I'm not sure I want to know.  The answer would depress me.  If Christians can look the other way and still support a walking disaster like Trump, I'm sure they'll have no problem looking the other way for a convicted child abuser.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 12:21:26 pm »
Oh, wow, I just looked at that page again....I didn't read the whole thing the first time.  Scroll down a little bit, and YEP, he managed to work in something about Taylor Swift, of course!

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 12:45:29 pm »
I wonder how many actual FOLLOWERS he has.

A while back I had someone on Christian News quoting him as a reliable source.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 02:00:22 pm »
I forgot how entertaining it could be to read through his site.  Like this:  "April 1st-National Atheist's Day" http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Atheism/fools_day.htm...basically he's outraged at the very existence of atheists, apparently.  A whole lot of "argument from incredulity" and him calling atheists fools, but there's a few particularly amusing parts.

The satanic bogus theories of Evolution have never been substantiated by legitimate science. There is only speculation and unfounded theories, that sinfully attempt to undermine the inspired Words of God.

Science supports the Holy Bible. Archaeology supports the Holy Bible. Astronomy supports the Holy Bible. No branch of science, history or expertise has proved the Bible wrong. None! I'm betting on God's side, because He has a perfect batting average!

Basically, every word of that is wrong.

The Beatles were Communists! Their music often promoted Communism and the overthrow of authority in songs such as “Revolution No. 9,” “Working Class Hero,” “Back in the USSR,” “Power to the People,” “Sometime in New York City,” “Give Peace a Chance,” “Bloody Sunday” (which called British police "Anglo pigs"), “Attica State” (“now's the time for revolution”), “Angela” (which glorified Communist Angela Davis), and “Piggies.”

I guess he thinks Some Time In New York City was a Beatles album.  Oh, and that communism = atheism.

As I ate my burger, I thought about how God made cows to feed a lot of people. This animal has short legs and a big meaty body, to feed a lot of hungry people. Evolution couldn't do that!

Uh....didn't PEOPLE do that???