Author Topic: What the Bible says about homosexuality  (Read 12190 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: What the Bible says about homosexuality
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2018, 05:02:01 pm »
I prefer the religious people who don't try to make up shit about biology or evolution and instead just admit that they think that most sex is "icky" or against their faith and those are the reasons why they oppose it. That is perfectly acceptable position to hold. It's not popular and enforcing it to people who disagree with the idea is not OK, but having that belief and only minding your own business is perfectly OK.

Your main problem is that you try to make up (or simply have grossly misunderstood) evolutionary biology and we are more than happy to point out that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I did not make up shit, it is true that animals have sexual hormones primarily for breeding purposes. I debunked the claim that it is also for recreational or bonding purposes, because people can bond with their friends without having to have sex.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2018, 05:25:36 pm »
Yeah, but you haven't given a reason why they shouldn't.

Aside from you finding naked butts icky!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2018, 06:03:20 pm »
Yeah, but you haven't given a reason why they shouldn't.

Aside from you finding naked butts icky!

Yes I did. I said that it is because they can’t produce children doing it which is what sexual hormones were evolved to do. Homosexuals in the past such as Michelangelo did better things in their lives.

Back in the good old days, there used to be conversion therapy, and there were documented cases of it being successful.

I think that to prevent homosexuals from falling into temptation to have homosexual sex, it should become law that conversion therapy is provided to those with homosexual tendencies that will be analyzed during doctor appointments, and if the conversion therapy won’t work, then castration surgery will be provided. It will be beneficial to homosexuals self esteem because they won’t have to suffer having sexual fantasies and crushes on heterosexuals of the same gender. They’ll feel better being asexual.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 07:15:33 pm »
And others already pointed out there are perfectly good non reproductive reasons for having sex. You just find it icky because you're weird.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:29:16 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2018, 07:44:08 pm »
And others already pointed out there are perfectly good non reproductive reasobs for having sex. You just find it icky because you're weird.

And I debunked those reasons by saying that there are many other ways to bond than having sex.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2018, 08:08:58 pm »
And others already pointed out there are perfectly good non reproductive reasobs for having sex. You just find it icky because you're weird.

And I debunked those reasons by saying that there are many other ways to bond than having sex.

There are many other ways to travel other than driving an automobile. And automobiles have been known to kill tens of thousands of people - per year! Im sure you agree with me that we should ban automobiles outside of emergencies.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2018, 08:14:10 pm »

There are many other ways to travel other than driving an automobile. And automobiles have been known to kill tens of thousands of people - per year! Im sure you agree with me that we should ban automobiles outside of emergencies.

That is such an absurd analogy, because first of all, you need automobiles to travel locally the most efficiently. You can easily bond with someone without having sex.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2018, 08:31:13 pm »
Why wouldn't you bond with someone sexually just for the fun of it? It's fun!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2018, 08:36:45 pm »
Why wouldn't you bond with someone sexually just for the fun of it? It's fun!

Because it defeats the purpose of sex.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2018, 08:41:13 pm »
It's an evolved characteristic, not a product from Ikea. Feet were evolved for walking on but at a pinch they can be employed to use brake pedals.

It "there" for whatever people please!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2018, 12:53:24 am »
I prefer the religious people who don't try to make up shit about biology or evolution and instead just admit that they think that most sex is "icky" or against their faith and those are the reasons why they oppose it. That is perfectly acceptable position to hold. It's not popular and enforcing it to people who disagree with the idea is not OK, but having that belief and only minding your own business is perfectly OK.

Your main problem is that you try to make up (or simply have grossly misunderstood) evolutionary biology and we are more than happy to point out that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I did not make up shit, it is true that animals have sexual hormones primarily for breeding purposes. I debunked the claim that it is also for recreational or bonding purposes, because people can bond with their friends without having to have sex.

a) Saying that pizza isn't food because you can eat food that isn't pizza is not a foolproof argument.

b) There are people who can live their entire life in celibacy but not everyone will enjoy it.

c) You still have no proof that recreational sex is somehow harmful rather than beneficial or at least harmless.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2018, 08:47:14 am »

a) Saying that pizza isn't food because you can eat food that isn't pizza is not a foolproof argument.

b) There are people who can live their entire life in celibacy but not everyone will enjoy it.

c) You still have no proof that recreational sex is somehow harmful rather than beneficial or at least harmless.

You still have no proof that there are evolutionary purposes to sex other than reproduction. Sex is better when there is a meaning and purpose to it. And people can enjoy their lives in celibacy by masterbating.

But in an earlier comment, I gave a proposal on what should be done to relieve homosexuals from the temptation of having sex and explained why it will be psycologically beneficial to them.

I think that to prevent homosexuals from falling into temptation to have homosexual sex, it should become law that conversion therapy is provided to those with homosexual tendencies that will be analyzed during doctor appointments, and if the conversion therapy won’t work, then castration surgery will be provided. It will be beneficial to homosexuals self esteem because they won’t have to suffer having sexual fantasies and crushes on heterosexuals of the same gender. They’ll feel better being asexual.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2018, 09:42:30 am »
You still have no proof that there are evolutionary purposes to sex other than reproduction.

Stop, right there. See this is where you're confused. Evolution doesn't have a purpose, it just is. Traits that happen to aid survival, or at least not kill you stay around including plenty that aren't really useful at all are just....there. There are lots of useless holdovers from evolution in our biology that are with us. Vestigiality is old news in biology and well established.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:51:45 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2018, 10:27:32 am »
You still have no proof that there are evolutionary purposes to sex other than reproduction.

Stop, right there. See this is where you're confused. Evolution doesn't have a purpose, it just is. Traits that happen to aid survival, or at least not kill you stay around including plenty that aren't really useful at all are just....there. There are lots of useless holdovers from evolution in our biology that are with us. Vestigiality is old news in biology and well established.

Um yes evolution does have a purpose. It’s purpose is to give species traits that aid in survival AND reproduction. Yes there are useless holdovers such as the appendix, but our sex drive is not a useless holdover, because without it, our species would go extinct.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2018, 08:40:10 pm »

Um yes evolution does have a purpose. It’s purpose is to give species traits that aid in survival AND reproduction. Yes there are useless holdovers such as the appendix, but our sex drive is not a useless holdover, because without it, our species would go extinct.

Nope, it doesn't. Evolution is a natural phenomenon. It's like a rock falling off a mountain from it's own weight because of gravity. My phone has a purpose, it was built to take calls and argue with idiot Christians in America. Evolution is not like that, evolution happened because of enough happy accidents there were conditions that allowed it to happen. You're getting evolution mixed up with "intelligent design" which is bunk. Seeing a purpose in evolution is like seeing faces in the clouds, you can if you squint hard enough but that's just a holdover from a pattern-forming instinct which in the instance of staring at clouds to see faces is utterly useless.