Author Topic: How to fit Genesis with the modern science of evolution  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
How to fit Genesis with the modern science of evolution
« on: July 27, 2018, 10:19:54 pm »
It is Catholic dogma that we are born with original sin because of Adam’s sin. So Adam was probably the first Anatomically modern human that evolved. He and Eve enjoyed paradise in the Garden of Eden until they sinned by eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Their sons had to reproduce with Neanderthals.

The flood was a local Middleeastern flood.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: How to fit Genesis with the modern science of evolution
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 10:43:49 pm »
Being born sick and commanded to be well is heinously evil on the part of whoever or whatever might be responsible for it.

The Garden of Eden, like the rest of your "holy" book, is a myth, and a bad one at that.

We have the fossils. WE FUCKING WIN, and you are

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 11:20:01 pm »
It is Catholic dogma...
So...bullshit, right?

Well that's easy. NEXT!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 11:31:34 pm »
Normally, with religious people, I quote Johann Hari, but in Jacob's case, I don't have any respect for him, either.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 08:13:09 am »
Being born sick and commanded to be well is heinously evil on the part of whoever or whatever might be responsible for it.

The Garden of Eden, like the rest of your "holy" book, is a myth, and a bad one at that.

We have the fossils. WE FUCKING WIN, and you are

Yes there are fossils. I am not denying evolution. I am saying that Adam was the first evolved modern around 200,000 years ago, and that his genes spread when his children reproduced with Neanderthals. And Adam and Eve are responsible for original sin and why humans suffer.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 08:28:54 am »
You're using sciency words to babble not-science, just like you were when you were babbling about wormholes and time travel. Any third rate huckster can do the same when they're saying they have quantum nanoparticles in their herbal supplements except they have the good sense to know they're talking shit.

REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NUETRON FLOW!!!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 08:32:46 am »
The whole premise of modern science is that all claims need to be objectively proven. You can't "fit" unsubstantiated ancient myths like Genesis and other religious bullshit into it because they completely contradict what science is fundamentally about in the first place.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 08:38:29 am »
Is it reproducible?
Is it testable?
Is it falsifiable?

If the answer is "no," to any of the above pack up your bat and ball and go home. It aint science!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 08:45:41 am »
Not to mention, a supposed past event in human history isn't really science's jurisdiction in the first place. That's more archaeology's dealio.

Not that it wouldn't also be dismissed due to complete and utter lack of evidence according to archaeological standards, mind you.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 08:52:47 am »
Well, it also falls under the history discipline's remit, which falls under the humanities but Jacob's wide-eyed reliance on Wikipedia as a go-to resource would give any history professor a splitting headache.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 08:57:32 am »
I thought archaeology is a specific field within history. Whichever it is, yeah, I'll bet Jakey boy doesn't even know what a primary source even is.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 03:11:11 pm »
How does this tie into you fucking your second cousin after niam turned her into a lesbian with his magnificent cock?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 03:58:36 pm »
Original sin is one of the most heinous and evil concepts ever imagined. I'm guilty because of what my (supposed) ancestors did? Fuck you.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 07:50:27 pm »
Original sin is one of the most heinous and evil concepts ever imagined. I'm guilty because of what my (supposed) ancestors did? Fuck you.

But it is why God sent his son to die on the cross on your behalf, so that you will no longer be guilty and confess your sins.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 08:09:08 pm »

But it is why God sent his son to die on the cross on your behalf, so that you will no longer be guilty and confess your sins.
Aaannnd that's why you're promoting Catholicism to prevent crippling guilt and endless confessionals?

*giggles*