Author Topic: How to fit Genesis with the modern science of evolution  (Read 2839 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: How to fit Genesis with the modern science of evolution
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 10:00:24 pm »
Original sin is one of the most heinous and evil concepts ever imagined. I'm guilty because of what my (supposed) ancestors did? Fuck you.

But it is why God sent his son to die on the cross on your behalf, so that you will no longer be guilty and confess your sins.

Human sacrifice is one of the most evil acts imaginable. It cannot redeem anything and only reflects the depravity of whomever sanctioned it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 07:22:07 am »
Original sin is one of the most heinous and evil concepts ever imagined. I'm guilty because of what my (supposed) ancestors did? Fuck you.

But it is why God sent his son to die on the cross on your behalf, so that you will no longer be guilty and confess your sins.

Human sacrifice is one of the most evil acts imaginable. It cannot redeem anything and only reflects the depravity of whomever sanctioned it.

But it was self sacrifice. The Jesus part of the trinity of God willingly took the burden of all of man’s sin so that those who acknowledged his sacrifice and confess their sins can be forgiven and be with him in the paradise of heaven.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2018, 07:26:30 am »

But it was self sacrifice. The Jesus part of the trinity of God willingly took the burden of all of man’s sin so that those who acknowledged his sacrifice and confess their sins can be forgiven and be with him in the paradise of heaven.
If Jesus was God, which you seem to believe, it was no sacrifice at all. It was performance art!

I note you've backtracked from the impossible task of trying to reconcile ancient mythology with modern science and settled into comfortable mysticism again.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 07:30:24 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 07:20:25 pm »

If Jesus was God, which you seem to believe, it was no sacrifice at all. It was performance art!

I note you've backtracked from the impossible task of trying to reconcile ancient mythology with modern science and settled into comfortable mysticism again.

It was a sacrifice because he undergoed the pain of being nailed to the cross and slowly dying, then the body of the human part of him died and went to hell for 3 days. He suffered all of that to pay the price of the sins of humanity. I want you to acknowledge his sacrifice so that you can be saved.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 08:13:40 pm »
Welp, an infinite being would have an infinite capacity to resist pain and enoigh omniscience to know it wasn't gonna happen.

Performance. Art.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2018, 08:40:47 pm »
Welp, an infinite being would have an infinite capacity to resist pain and enoigh omniscience to know it wasn't gonna happen.

Performance. Art.

But he was in a human body so he felt the pain.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 09:14:20 pm »

Performance. Art.

But he was in a human body so he felt the pain.
Yeah, performance artists today ram sharp things into their body for the amusemment of crowds, no biggie.

Maybe we can get him a spot at a fringe festival?