Author Topic: Actor Stephen Collins Under Investegation for Child Molestation  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
Actor Stephen Collins Under Investegation for Child Molestation
« on: October 08, 2014, 07:50:48 pm »
Authorities in New York and California are investigating the confessions made by Stephen Collins secretly recorded by estranged wife during a therapy session.  In the tape, Collins confesses to committing child molestation in the 1970s.  Collins, best known as the pastor dad Eric Camden in 7th Heaven, has an extensive presence in theater, tv, and film.

What makes this case a bit perplexing is the fact that the tape is emerging now when it was made in 2012.  Faye Grant, Collins' estranged wife, denies leaking the tape.  According to Grant, Collins made a rather disturbing comment about child molestation to his then wife before their daughter was born in 1989.  Collins denies making that statement, and Collins' divorce attorney states that the tape is a ploy to blackmail Collins into giving his soon to be ex-wife more money in the divorce settlement.  In the Heavy.com article linked below, the LAPD had investigated claims in 2012, but the case is considered "closed."

Let's see what happens next.

Here are some links:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/10/08/stephen-collins-wife-tape-molestation-divorce-money/16905815/

Warning! Explicit transcript of tape in the article.
http://heavy.com/entertainment/2014/10/stephen-collins-child-molestation-molesting-molester-wife-7th-heaven-faye-grant-eric-camden/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:03:01 pm by Kat S. »

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Actor Stephen Collins Under Investegation for Child Molestation
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 08:58:23 pm »
And as usual, Wikipedia refuses to even make a tiny section until he's convicted. BLP policy needs serious reform.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:04:48 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 10:31:58 pm »
Maybe Jerry Sandusky will be getting a new cellmate in the near future.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:03:16 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 10:35:54 pm »
Isn't Sandusky dead?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 11:03:02 pm »
Isn't Sandusky dead?

No, he's still alive.  You're probably thinking of Joe Paterno.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 02:17:23 am »
And as usual, Wikipedia refuses to even make a tiny section until he's convicted. BLP policy needs serious reform.
That is probably a good decision from them. Things like this easily turn into flamewars and the page might get vandalised. Better to wait for solid proof before making changes. (Well, maybe adding that he is being investigated about it would not be that bad, but I can easily see the page being vandalised immediately.)

Besides, "innocent until proven guilty."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 03:10:46 pm »
That is probably a good decision from them. Things like this easily turn into flamewars and the page might get vandalised. Better to wait for solid proof before making changes. (Well, maybe adding that he is being investigated about it would not be that bad, but I can easily see the page being vandalised immediately.)

Besides, "innocent until proven guilty."

When I was linking the wiki biography of Collins, it actually had a two to three sentences reference to the current investigation.  Looking back at it now, it's no longer there.