Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 827786 times)

Offline Ri Jayden

• Queer Commander of 'The Rainbow Resistance'
  • Neonate
  • SiriuslyDemented
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2012, 01:54:02 am »
I'm back from the hospital. Ain't no infected back gonna keep me down........Although, Vicodin WILL be my friend for a few weeks to a month.

Basically, I had an Upper respiratory infection, and my lower back is infected from the spinal tap I got last Tuesday to relieve pressure from my brain. They had me on I.V. antibiotics, two of them, and my back is worthless right now, but I'm good.  :)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2012, 02:39:20 am »
I had an awesome lunch with my aunt and cousin. The chicken aleisha was amazing
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2012, 06:35:14 am »
Despite ominous weather forecasts, I did not have to bike home from work today in the snow.  Instead, I was able to safely come back home from work to curl up under the electric blanket.
一期一会

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2012, 02:50:09 pm »
Electric blanket, yeeeeah! -high fives-

I would die without mine, seriously.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2012, 04:24:36 pm »
Got my hands on Lamb of God's new album. It is glorious.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2012, 07:38:06 pm »
I wish I could show you what I saw from the air today.

The rice paddies are flooded right now to make them ready for the next crop.  From the ground, they just look a bit like little lakes.  From the air, though...

You've seen fields from the air before?  It's like that.  Only instead of earth or grass, it's water, flat little plains of water marked off in regular shapes, demarcated by man-made barriers of raised dirt.  And they're all different colors.  Muddy browns mixed with blues and greens, in strangely regular shapes.  Some of them are pure blocks of color, while others are striped and mottled, looking almost exactly like old wood planks, the impurities in the water looking like the grain of the wood.

And it reflects.  It's especially striking as we move over the land.  The clouds are reflected into the water.  It looks like nothing so much as a stained glass window in the Earth, with another sky below us.

It's beautiful.  I wish I could have taken a picture.  I wish you could see it.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2012, 07:57:35 pm »
I wish I could show you what I saw from the air today.

The rice paddies are flooded right now to make them ready for the next crop.  From the ground, they just look a bit like little lakes.  From the air, though...

You've seen fields from the air before?  It's like that.  Only instead of earth or grass, it's water, flat little plains of water marked off in regular shapes, demarcated by man-made barriers of raised dirt.  And they're all different colors.  Muddy browns mixed with blues and greens, in strangely regular shapes.  Some of them are pure blocks of color, while others are striped and mottled, looking almost exactly like old wood planks, the impurities in the water looking like the grain of the wood.

And it reflects.  It's especially striking as we move over the land.  The clouds are reflected into the water.  It looks like nothing so much as a stained glass window in the Earth, with another sky below us.

It's beautiful.  I wish I could have taken a picture.  I wish you could see it.
Something like this?

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2012, 08:19:05 pm »
Something like.  But you can't really see all the different colors from the ground.  You're not moving fast enough to see the clouds moving through the water.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2012, 03:57:29 am »
That sounds awesome :)

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2012, 01:23:33 pm »
My next homework assignment involves making ASCII art. I'm excited!

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2012, 01:58:58 pm »
I got a call from the University of Minnesota. I'm gonna get paid to have my head examined.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2012, 02:43:05 pm »
A little store here in town still had some of their belgian seashells in stock. They tend to only carry them in the month of December. To make it even better they were marked down because they needed to make more room for the V-day stuff. Choceur chocolates, how I love thee.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2012, 02:44:36 pm »
Went to the pub to celebrate end of exams. Found out they were doing a Burns Night special where if you got a double of Talisker you got a free hip flask. Since a) hip flasks usually go for £15+ and b) Talisker is one of the Classic Malt collection it really was a no brainer. As a result, I a) have new favourite whisky and b) am canny pissed and therefore merry.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2012, 06:01:36 pm »
I can get decent sleep for the next four days!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2012, 06:23:54 pm »
MY CRAZY NEXT DOOR OLD NEIGHBOR LADY IS GETTING EVICTED!

Backstory children.  We've got this crazy drunk old lady as a neighbor down here.  And when I say crazy drunk I really mean that.  Life has not been kind to this lady.  And lately, she's been getting even worse.  I'm talking taking 5 hour baths while I'm trying to clean the dishes, screaming at us to keep it down if we're talking above a whisper and generally being a nuisance.  Well today the final straw came down.  I got back from another failed attempt at getting my breaks fixed and had just gotten into some really good sleep when there's a knock on the door.  It's animal control.  They've been called out due to a report about how we keep our animals caged all day long, how we only take them out twice a day and other shit.  The lady takes one look at my Kowalski and Ianto, and if you've seen them you can know how handsome/cute they are, and says that this report is bogus.  They're healthy, well fed, and well watered.  So the fiancé calls up the land lady.  Tells her about the animal control thing.  Nothing she can do about that.  Then we tell her about yesterday and the 5 hour long bath she took, basically tyeing up all the hot water.  And OUT SHE FUCKING GOES!  Eviction letter comes tomorrow and everything.  Last straw has been given and hopefully within 30 days, she'll be out.  She'll probably fight this but the fact is, we've tried to be nice.  We've tried to accommodate her needs.  But now...it's done.

Ironbite-and I couldn't be happier.