Author Topic: The Terrorists Have Won... Because of Beer  (Read 8014 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
The Terrorists Have Won... Because of Beer
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:46:32 am »
It sounds like something from our Fox News Headline Game, but nope. While I don't think editing the constitution for your ad is logical or okay, due to it being a historical document (in fact, just don't use it like that at all), this is stupid.

“Fox Nation’s” Jesse Watters may not mind having his readers regularly discuss assassinating President Obama and he has personally stalked a young, female blogger because she dared criticize Bill O’Reilly’s sexism, but when it comes to beer ads, he’s found religion. So long as he can exploit it for political gain, that is. Because he actually announced while co-hosting “Fox & Friends” this week, without challenge, that a Samuel Adams beer ad that referenced the Declaration of Independence without mentioning “endowed by their Creator” was a sign that “the terrorists have won” and that the Tea Party has been “targeted.”

As co-host Clayton Morris explained, the “endowed by their Creator” phrase was omitted because the Beer Institute guidelines are to keep religion out of beer advertisements.

Yes, the terrorists have won, because they don't mention god in beer ads.

“It’s weird to think that the beer code ethics guideline, whatever bogus organization that is, has more authority than our Declaration of Independence. If the beer code comes calling and says, ‘Hey, by the way, you put God in your advertising, we’re not having it.’ Why don’t you pull out the Declaration of Independence and say ‘I got this document here, does this trump yours?’”

What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: The Terrorists Have Won... Because of Beer
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:54:06 am »
What I find really funny about the "endowed by their Creator" line is that it was written by Jefferson, who was a Deist.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 10:00:37 am »
What I find really funny about the "endowed by their Creator" line is that it was written by Jefferson, who was a Deist.
The funniest part is, even reading it you can tell he's most certainly not referring to the god of any one religion. I mean, seriously, have you ever heard a religious person call their god "the Creator" or "our Creator"? It should be obvious, but nooooo.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 01:54:49 pm »
The funniest part is, even reading it you can tell he's most certainly not referring to the god of any one religion. I mean, seriously, have you ever heard a religious person call their god "the Creator" or "our Creator"? It should be obvious, but nooooo.

By the Maker!

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 03:43:47 pm »

By the Maker!
Well, in Finland christian god is often referred to as the "creator" (Luoja.) Particularly in older prayers and some sayings.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 04:29:02 pm »
Yes, this is exactly what the terrorists were going for. Political correctness in beer advertising.

Frankly, one wonders why they didn't just ask nicely rather than hijack planes and plant bombs. I'm sure it was a reasonable compromise everyone would have agreed to.
Σא

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 05:04:33 pm »
The only connection between beer and God that I can think of is, "Oh, God, I'll never do that again."
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

wrightway

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 05:28:09 pm »
The only connection between beer and God that I can think of is, "Oh, God, I'll never do thatthem again."

Fixed it for you.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 05:47:57 pm »
The only connection between beer and God that I can think of is, "Oh, God, I'll never do that again."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Attributed to Ben Franklin, but I'm not sure it's real.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 06:06:38 pm »

By the Maker!
Well, in Finland christian god is often referred to as the "creator" (Luoja.) Particularly in older prayers and some sayings.

So does that mean the United States government is actually Finland?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 06:18:22 pm »

By the Maker!

So does that mean the United States government is actually Finland?
Well this is a plot twist!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 11:31:03 pm »

I always thought that the fermentation process was proof that Mother Nature isn't always a bitch

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 12:34:01 am »

Therefore, the prohibition movement is clearly a tool of Satan.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 12:52:50 am »

Considering that Prohibition led directly to the success of organized crime....
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 08:17:43 am »

But it was lead by Christians of all types.