Author Topic: Xenophobic Man Decapitates Buddha Statue with a Hammer Because He Hates Muslims  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-buddha-vandalism-palms-20170711-htmlstory.html

This guy went out of his way to break this statue. The residents of the area that liked the statue being there replaced it with a new one, which this guy came back to destroy again.

He seems a little upset and confused about religions that aren't Christianity.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
I shouldn't be laughing at all at any of this, but the juxtaposition of these two stories are amusing:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/1326063/After-1700-years-Buddhas-fall-to-Taliban-dynamite.html

The Taliban blowing up the largest Buddha statues in the world.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
I shouldn't be laughing at all at any of this, but the juxtaposition of these two stories are amusing:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/1326063/After-1700-years-Buddhas-fall-to-Taliban-dynamite.html

The Taliban blowing up the largest Buddha statues in the world.

Its amusing because its ironic. Islamophobes really aren't that much different from Islamists. I'm just glad this guy hasn't killed people (that we know of) tbh.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
"Bud-ism? That's some damn marijuanuslim religion, ain't it?"
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
This is what happens when your mother is also your aunt.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
And your aunt is also your grandmother.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
"Bud-ism? That's some damn marijuanuslim religion, ain't it?"

Wait until they discover Rastafarianism.