Author Topic: How are abortions performed?  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
How are abortions performed?
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:48:53 pm »
Could someone please explain to me how abortions are performed? I tried to find sites online but they were all pro-life. Even a website that was called "prochoice.com" was actually clearly pro-life...

BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
Re: How are abortions performed?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:51:20 pm »

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 07:16:20 am »
That ties into the bit that pisses me off the most about the anti-choice movement. They have this little advantage of being able to use gruesome images to appeal to emotion. Well, reality check time: surgical procedures all tend to be a bit gory. I'm sure a knee surgery isn't the most pleasant thing to watch, but if you're the patient and you know that if all goes well your knee will be in better shape at the end of it, that's what matters. An abortion is no different.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 02:34:19 pm »
That ties into the bit that pisses me off the most about the anti-choice movement. They have this little advantage of being able to use gruesome images to appeal to emotion. Well, reality check time: surgical procedures all tend to be a bit gory. I'm sure a knee surgery isn't the most pleasant thing to watch, but if you're the patient and you know that if all goes well your knee will be in better shape at the end of it, that's what matters. An abortion is no different.

The "pro-choice" website didn't have pictures but still did it. Just look at it: http://www.prochoice.com/abort_how.html

"Abortion is performed in many ways that can severely damage 'the mother'. It is also important for you to know that those who perform abortions receive special protection from liability, if you are injured. Essentially there are less legal safeguards to protect your health and maybe your life."

"DILATION AND CURETTAGE   : In a D&C abortion, usually performed between seven and twelve weeks of pregnancy, the doctor inserts a curette, a loop-shaped steel knife, into the womb through the dilated cervix. As the curette scrapes the wall of the uterus, the baby is cut into pieces. Bleeding can be considerable. As with a suction abortion, there is a risk of infection or hemorrhage, so the abortionist must reassemble the body parts to make sure the uterus is empty."

"SALT POISONING (SALINE INJECTION):   "Salting out" is the second most common method of inducing abortion and is usually used after sixteen weeks. The doctor inserts a long needle through the mother's abdomen and injects a saline solution into the sac of amniotic fluid surrounding the baby. The baby is poisoned by swallowing the salt and his skin is completely burned away. It takes about an hour to kill the baby. After the child dies, the mother goes into labor and expels the dead baby. Saline injections have been outlawed in some countries because of the risks to the mother, which can include lung and kidney damage if the salt finds its way into her bloodstream. In spite of the horrible burning effect, some babies have survived "salting out" and been born alive."

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 07:20:50 pm »
One reliable source:

A woman documents her abortion (Warning: non-sensationalist images of a Del Em used in a Menstral Extraction abortion).

I can also mention that in the German language, there is no "Pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice." It's either "Anti-abortiondiscussion" ("Anti-Abtreibungsdiskussion") or "Pro-abortiondiscussion" ("Pro-Abtreibungsdiskussion"). But then again, that's language, and one thing I know is that pundits love conservative-correctness.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 09:02:48 pm »
Where would the fetus be in that?

Offline Whore of Spamylon

• Bishop
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 08:02:30 am »
That ties into the bit that pisses me off the most about the anti-choice movement. They have this little advantage of being able to use gruesome images to appeal to emotion.

Indeed.  The man behind the curtain must be ignored!

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson