Author Topic: Lockdown Protests  (Read 2415 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Lockdown Protests
« on: April 22, 2020, 06:39:44 pm »
Just read this article about the lockdown protests in Michigan. https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/michigan-lockdown-protest-operation-gridlock-detroit-governor-whitmer-a9469641.html?fbclid=IwAR33nERXJF6Gy29Z6gkPKUEOIe6_9T0GHFS1sXJXjuegz5DLdENnTf74n9U

I find the whole thing kind of amazing, particularly in a country with over 45k deaths from Coronavirus and the likelihood of many more given the huge number of infections. What really freaks me out is the idea that the DeVos family are essentially organising these protests. I can't figure out their motivation, are they just evil are they in fact lizard people?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Lockdown Protests
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 07:41:12 pm »
It doesn't surprise me that those slime would astro turf this whole thing. It all comes down to money. Who is losing money, who is seeking to gain money who is trying to protect their money.
These protests are ridiculous, and of course they're all Trump supporters who listen to Fox Entertainment talking points. Fox news isn't the conservative news channel. It's the contrarian news channel. It's just do or say the opposite of what other people are saying because. Now these people are putting thousands at risk especially Georgia which is opening up everything next week before we even have this shit under control.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 03:33:06 am »
Yes but muh freedom and the 'conomy.

EDIT: https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/covid-new-zealand-eradicate-chris-brown-cbc-1.5540021

I wonder if there were any attempts at these sorts of protests in New Zealand.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 03:44:44 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 07:49:59 am »
Remember the old Tea Party protests against Obama?  This is Part 2 of those.

Ironbite-morons being used by rich people who don't give a shit how many lives are lost.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 08:39:07 pm »
These idiots are probably all from the west side of the state. We don't have many COVID deaths here on this side but from what I have read, it's about to go up.

These..."protestors" haven't experienced this virus yet so if they can't see it, then it doesn't exist. It doesn't help that they all suck Trump's dick and believe everything that he says. If he says it's a hoax, then it's a hoax and there is no way to convince them or reason with them that the coronavirus is real. They just don't see it because it's not happening much on this side of the state.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 02:03:51 am »
That's the case for some of them. But when you're staring down the barrel of an economy that could well wind up at a point with the only retailers left being Costco, Walmart, and Amazon (because everyone else will have been unable to pay their bills due to a lack of funds), it's very understandable that you'd get angry.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 02:10:22 am »
So, going by this, we may not have any choice in the matter but to bite the bullet.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 05:51:01 am »
So, going by this, we may not have any choice in the matter but to bite the bullet.

Since many governments aren't giving businesses and individuals financial resources sufficient to survive until the crisis passes...

Please excuse me while I glare angrily at Justin Trudeau and Bill Morneau.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 09:13:12 am »
\

What the fuck?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 10:02:31 am »
\

What the fuck?

As in, among the governments that aren't doing nearly enough in my view is the Canadian federal government.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 09:19:03 pm »
Here is another article which highlights the hypocrisy of those who are protesting lockdowns.

https://theweek.com/articles/915033/rights-rule-law-hypocrisy