Author Topic: How About a "Like" Button?  (Read 14635 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
How About a "Like" Button?
« on: June 03, 2017, 04:30:18 pm »
There are some posts here that just deserve some kind of props (for wit, humor, good structure, being informative, etc) that I really wish people could get to acknowledge to the posters of the content.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: How About a "Like" Button?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 04:32:07 pm »
We used to have something like that (it was a like/dislike system). It created way more drama than it could possibly be worth.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 05:15:54 pm »
We had a points system and some people were ganged up on and some got upset. There was really no real benefit to it and as the only outcome was either "meh" or sadness the system was removed.

I have seen a like mechanic on a different forum where it lists the members who have liked a specific post and it's being used as a way to say "me too, I also agree with this" and it seems to work.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:52:59 pm »
I can see how are downvote system could lead to drama and revenge neg ratings, but just having one for positive reactions wouldn't wind up too bad.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 06:45:05 pm »
I can see how are downvote system could lead to drama and revenge neg ratings, but just having one for positive reactions wouldn't wind up too bad.

"Why is poster X always getting likes and I'm not?"
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 11:17:53 pm »
This has been brought up a few times and never worked well, so I'd rather err on the side of caution this time.
Σא

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 05:19:43 am »

Mysterious Poster X
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 05:38:11 am »

Mysterious Poster X

Yeah, that darn poster X always stealing all the likes from people, what a douche.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 04:31:36 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTkhvGVLf3k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTkhvGVLf3k</a>

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Poster X

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 11:48:07 pm »

Mysterious Poster X

Yeah, that darn poster X always stealing all the likes from people, what a douche.

Come on. I earned those likes fair and square.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 12:16:10 am »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 02:14:44 am »
A CHALLENGER APPEARS!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:17:22 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 02:28:24 am »

Mysterious Poster X

Come on. I earned those likes fair and square.

Someone actually signed up a new account to post this.
This is too funny.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 02:33:05 am »
At some point people were making fun of Ironbite and there were like 5 or so different accounts with Iron[chew/swallow/digest/etc] names.