Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 840572 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #540 on: May 22, 2012, 09:50:10 pm »
My band just got it's first endorsement! Shirt manufacturing discounts and free promotion, here we come!

And I know a lot of my stuff in this thread has been band related, but I can't help it; we're really taking off :D
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #541 on: May 22, 2012, 11:28:28 pm »
Well your band FB posts an endless amount of updates, so thats not surprising you post about it in here :P

Today, I got 97 percent on a physio prac and 75 on a chem tute test. Im pretty pleased :3

Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #542 on: May 23, 2012, 12:40:49 am »
Well your band FB posts an endless amount of updates, so thats not surprising you post about it in here :P

Today, I got 97 percent on a physio prac and 75 on a chem tute test. Im pretty pleased :3

Congrats Deimos, I'm very happy for you because I know you take those tests very seriously and I'm glad you're getting good grades.

Also, I enjoy hearing about how your band is doing Her3tik. I think its cool to know someone who is en route to go big in the music biz.

I also did well on my job interview today (according to a friend who works at the Credit Union) and could be hired in a week or two (or not). So to celebrate doing well, I went shopping and bought a lot of nice stuff.  :)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #543 on: May 23, 2012, 02:38:10 am »
I found this amusing little doohicky.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #544 on: May 23, 2012, 12:28:16 pm »
I spent three hours tracking down a bug this afternoon for a university project.

And I found it. Endorphin release on maximum.

(was a smart one, too. A certain flag was not set in one part of the program (which was only a problem due to a recent new feature. Before, the default behaviour took care of it), which led to a later part to miss the special case handling and get trapped in an endless loop.)
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #545 on: May 23, 2012, 03:40:24 pm »
I read bug, and I hope you caught a giant radioactive spider or something.

Then i saw it was tech related. i got a disappoint
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #546 on: May 23, 2012, 04:09:17 pm »
Yeah... too many comp sci and not enough bio peeps in here.  ;)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #547 on: May 23, 2012, 11:58:42 pm »
While good for me, this event was more good for someone else...

A random guildie on DDO asked if anyone was online, not having anything better to do, I told him I was, and he said that he was bored and feeling down.  Now, I didn't even know this guy, never met him before that I know of.  But, even with that, I asked him what was wrong and he said he and his girl were having some issues with one another.  We talked for a little bit, and with a well-placed question or two, found the source to the problem and the solution!

Helping a random stranger I've never even met solve their problems and making them happier people...there's very few things that feel better than that.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #548 on: May 24, 2012, 02:25:06 am »
Helping a random stranger I've never even met solve their problems and making them happier people...there's very few things that feel better than that.
Except when you find out later that your advice was so bad that is was responsible for multiple suicides. That shit tends to ruin it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #549 on: May 24, 2012, 03:09:19 am »
Hey, I've gotta make up for being the massive asshole I used to be somehow...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #550 on: May 24, 2012, 03:48:17 am »
Except when you find out later that your advice was so bad that is was responsible for multiple suicides. That shit tends to ruin it.

WHY U SO CYNICAL?!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #551 on: May 24, 2012, 04:04:01 am »
WHY U SO CYNICAL?!
You mean that wouldn't ruin it?

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #552 on: May 24, 2012, 04:44:01 am »
No no no no.  I mean that... oh you're being you.  Never mind.  I am drunk on wine. 

Um... a good thing is I forgot how hypnotic the washers in a laundromat/laundrette are.
Or maybe that's a bad thing.   Remembering is a good thing.  Seeing too.  My peacock quilt was quite psychedelic.

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #553 on: May 24, 2012, 06:42:47 am »
Perfect score on my Biology and English test, whee!
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #554 on: May 24, 2012, 09:54:04 am »
After the longest, wettest, greyest winter I've ever lived through the sun's out, it's well over 25°C and I'm sat outside thanks to the wonders of wireless broadband. Life is temporarily good.