Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156535 times)

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2017, 06:50:27 pm »
Has Jason been banhammered?

http://christiannews.net/2017/07/31/mayor-defies-atheist-groups-demands-vows-to-keep-bible-verse-on-courthouse-wall/#disqus_thread

;D  Well well.  He got bleeped in the bleep.
About time.  I will know how to recognize him next time too.

EDIT:  This is actually a real victory.  We should all be having wine or something.  Everyone raise a glass tonight when you get home.

Not that I'm sad about it, but what did we do? I just assumed he snarked off one too many times for the mods' taste.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2017, 07:23:58 pm »
Not that I'm sad about it, but what did we do? I just assumed he snarked off one too many times for the mods' taste.

There WAS a post there from a new user (which may or may not have been me) urging the CNN moderators to review his posts in that thread since they broke the channel's rules of being courteous. That may have done something.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2017, 10:05:20 pm »
I think so, yes. And there's no such thing as precedent. Every issue can be appealed up to the Supreme Court to rule on the same thing hundreds of times. For some reason.

I have heard the term precedent a lot with something about law I think??? A.C. is there a part of the law that does use precedence as a tool? Or am I just talking Canadians?

Thanks and God blessings!
The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2017, 12:18:06 am »
Huh...did we know Amos is a Calvinist? Kinda surprises me, actually

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2017, 12:58:51 am »

If he is, I doubt he knows what it means to be one.  He's not the sharpest knife in the block.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2017, 07:34:23 am »
I think so, yes. And there's no such thing as precedent. Every issue can be appealed up to the Supreme Court to rule on the same thing hundreds of times. For some reason.

I have heard the term precedent a lot with something about law I think??? A.C. is there a part of the law that does use precedence as a tool? Or am I just talking Canadians?

Yes, all of it. The only time precedent is not used is in the mythical legal system that exists only in the minds of fundies.

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #261 on: August 04, 2017, 08:33:45 am »

If he is, I doubt he knows what it means to be one.  He's not the sharpest knife in the block.
My latest debate pulled out him talking about predestination, so he honestly thinks being Christian isn't a choice: God saves you and you get no say. It just kinda surprised me because most hardline Calvinists don't bother to debate.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2017, 09:14:24 am »
My latest debate pulled out him talking about predestination, so he honestly thinks being Christian isn't a choice: God saves you and you get no say. It just kinda surprised me because most hardline Calvinists don't bother to debate.

It's taken me until now to realize you're MCrow over there.  Sorry!
I've been following the discussion you mean and you just hit the wall with Amos, if you push him hard enough for long enough he eventually tells you that you don't choose Christianity, it chooses you (or rather, God does).  And if you didn't get chosen, like HE did, tough luck.  Too bad so sad.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2017, 10:09:13 am »
Hey Crowfood I just started a debate with Amos about predestination too.
When I put sufficient pressure on Amos in our first battle, he told me that he was part of the "invisible Church" and that he attends a Lutheran Church physically. He also provided me with the Doctrine of his invisible church. I thought you might be interested in it.
I thought you'd get a kick out of how I managed to get him to admit to his religion.
I told him that he should tell me or it would show that he is ashamed of Jesus. I think I said that there should be nothing to hide in a Doctrine of any church, and he should be happy to show it to anyone interested so they might choose your faith to follow. Something like that anyway, it was all about the shame that got to him that made him tell me anything about those subjects.
I'll attach the doctrine he gave me too.
Thought you might like this information Crowfood, in case it will help you with your battle, oops I mean with the discussion you are having with Amos. Do you think with two of us pelting scriptures at him to prove him wrong about predestination, he might collapse from it? Lady had better give him more support than just up-voting his posts if she doesn't want him to start to questioning their 'doctrine' and believing ours about predestination. There is a saying "Two heads are better than one" so Crowfood, we should have more together than individually.
I have to be offline most of today so I will begin again this evening.
Have fun, and enjoy the "read"... Blessings!
The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2017, 05:01:25 pm »

Yes, all of it. The only time precedent is not used is in the mythical legal system that exists only in the minds of fundies.

Actually Sharon used two different words with vastly different outcomes. I most certain agree with your pointing out that precedent is the cornerstone of our judicial system, past decissions define and clarify the law.

However, her second word "precedence" is priority of importances for what law applies. For example if a devout Christian stones to death an misbehaving minor son. What law applies, Federal First Amendment protections to practice religion or state law prohibiting murder?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2017, 07:50:38 pm »
Actually Sharon used two different words with vastly different outcomes. I most certain agree with your pointing out that precedent is the cornerstone of our judicial system, past decissions define and clarify the law.

However, her second word "precedence" is priority of importances for what law applies. For example if a devout Christian stones to death an misbehaving minor son. What law applies, Federal First Amendment protections to practice religion or state law prohibiting murder?

OK, I'll answer this question too.

The Constitution always applies. There is never a time when any law takes precedence over the Constitution. It's just that it's never clear what the First Amendment does or does not say about a given situation. The Supreme Court ruled in Reynolds v. the United States (one of my favorite cases) that you can't just shout "First Amendment! Mah Rights! I hafta do this because my religion says to!" to shield yourself from the consequences of breaking an otherwise-perfectly-valid law.

In light of that ruling, you can challenge a law's constitutionality by going to court and asking the court to rule on whether the First Amendment prohibits it from existing. But you can't claim that you get a special exemption from obeying laws other people have to follow simply because you're a Christian.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:55:00 pm by Ambulance Chaser »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #266 on: August 05, 2017, 05:06:53 pm »
I have absolutely no idea why, but ALL my posts in the thread about the New Jersey mosque hearing were removed, and not too long ago at that.  I know some of you guys here saw them; it wasn't like I was saying anything particularly inflammatory.  I was just trying to refute "Guest verified"s claim about Dearborn being a majority Muslim city, and it not being safe for any non Muslim woman, and so forth. 

Though, now that I look again, it looks like they deleted Guest's comments too....

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #267 on: August 05, 2017, 05:19:38 pm »
I have absolutely no idea why, but ALL my posts in the thread about the New Jersey mosque hearing were removed, and not too long ago at that.  I know some of you guys here saw them; it wasn't like I was saying anything particularly inflammatory.  I was just trying to refute "Guest verified"s claim about Dearborn being a majority Muslim city, and it not being safe for any non Muslim woman, and so forth. 

Though, now that I look again, it looks like they deleted Guest's comments too....

Yeah I think they got pissed at the entire line of discussion that was taking, so they nuked it.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #268 on: August 05, 2017, 05:28:41 pm »
Yeah I think they got pissed at the entire line of discussion that was taking, so they nuked it.

I wish Guest Verified would get banned for once and for all.  He is such a game player. He lies and weasels his way through conversations, deliberately being difficult and evasive just for the pleasure of watching everyone else lose their temper and go off the deep end and hopefully get banned themselves in the process.  And it's amazing how often his tactic works.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #269 on: August 05, 2017, 07:42:21 pm »
I have absolutely no idea why,

I have had one post removed from "Residences Banned... " thread. Thanks for the up vote Ambulance Chaser. Do I get to keep it?  ;D
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi