Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156443 times)

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #585 on: March 14, 2018, 11:09:39 pm »
Warning! Shameless Plug

Currently, I am about halfway through The Great Courses, “The History of Christianity II: From the Reformation to the Modern Megachurch.”
The instructor is Molly Worthhen, who teaches at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

It is a very good and enlightening series of 36 half-hour lectures.

P.S. Many libraries carry these courses
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #586 on: March 14, 2018, 11:51:51 pm »
Now I'm just waiting for all the people who keep telling me atheism is a religion to show up and say there shouldn't be an atheist chaplain because it's not a religion.

What is that legal case with the footnote Guest Verified keeps bringing up to "prove" that atheism is a religion?  He's done that before, and he keeps trying to make it stick.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #587 on: March 14, 2018, 11:54:38 pm »
I wrote a pretty long response to him, I even saved it in a screenshot, because I got a feeling they might delete it.

That was a painful thread to read for sure.  I hope everyone who visits gives thumbs downs to all the deserving parties.  There are a few newcomers I like though, Mr. Chips is cool.

Yes, that thread's a candidate for mass deletions, which, if it takes Skywatcher's poison with it could only be a good thing.

Amos is being a colossal asshole and Lady Checkmate's there rewarding his stupidity with thumbs up as only she can.

Another observation:  Billy Pilgrim is the newest incarnation of Jason Todd/Jerome Horowitz/Maxwell Edison, also known as Matthew T Mason, the worst Christian online.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #588 on: March 15, 2018, 08:25:25 am »
Amos is being a colossal asshole and Lady Checkmate's there rewarding his stupidity with thumbs up as only she can.

In other news, bears shit in the woods and the Pope is Catholic.

Another observation:  Billy Pilgrim is the newest incarnation of Jason Todd/Jerome Horowitz/Maxwell Edison, also known as Matthew T Mason, the worst Christian online.

Yeah, I figured that once I saw his "Troll, flagged" comments.  I just hope he doesn't think he's fooling anybody.

Now, Skywatcher57 is telling me his daughter is a lesbian.  Fuck, I feel sorry for her.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #589 on: March 15, 2018, 08:35:37 am »
What is that legal case with the footnote Guest Verified keeps bringing up to "prove" that atheism is a religion?  He's done that before, and he keeps trying to make it stick.

The footnote is from Torcaso vs. Watkins, and it was quoted in Kaufman v. McCaughtry, which itself said "Atheism is Kaufman's religion, and the group that he wanted to start was religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a belief in a supreme being."  And quite a few fundies jumped all over that one, as if they're saying "see?  I told you so!"  Of course, they're probably a lot of the same ones who were saying the Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell doesn't mean anything, and probably the same ones who will say something like the Satanic Temple isn't a religion because they aren't theistic.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #590 on: March 15, 2018, 09:23:39 am »
The footnote is from Torcaso vs. Watkins, and it was quoted in Kaufman v. McCaughtry, which itself said "Atheism is Kaufman's religion, and the group that he wanted to start was religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a belief in a supreme being."

That footnote IS problematic, whoever the author of that quote about "Kaufman's religion" is should have been told to re-phrase it.  The fact that it snuck through that way is what is giving fundies a field day.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #591 on: March 15, 2018, 09:28:23 am »
In other news, bears shit in the woods and the Pope is Catholic.

I was just giving the play-by-play.

Yeah, I figured that once I saw his "Troll, flagged" comments.  I just hope he doesn't think he's fooling anybody.

Now, Skywatcher57 is telling me his daughter is a lesbian.  Fuck, I feel sorry for her.

I think calling Matthew out every time will make him mad.  If you want to do more than make him mad, tell him plainly that his abusive comments are against the rules and they will eventually ban him.  You might just have to put up with his smirking "Do you need a tissue?" type comments, which personally make me want to shoot him in the face with a bazooka.

I saw Skywatcher57's lesbian comment.  He was also molested by a "homo" for years too.  I call bullshit.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #592 on: March 15, 2018, 06:13:40 pm »
I saw Skywatcher57's lesbian comment.  He was also molested by a "homo" for years too.  I call bullshit.

Yeah,  the "lesbian daughter" thing did sound to me a little like his version of "I'm not racist because some of my best friends are black"...

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #593 on: March 15, 2018, 06:30:06 pm »
Wikipedia echoes my sentiments apparently:

“It has occasionally been argued that in Torcaso v. Watkins the Supreme Court "found" secular humanism to be a religion. This assertion is based on a reference, by Justice Black in footnote number 11 of the Court's finding, to court cases where organized groups of self-identified humanists, or ethicists, meeting on a regular basis to share and celebrate their beliefs, have been granted religious-based tax exemptions.[4][citation needed]

Justice Black's use of the term "secular humanism" in his footnote has been seized upon by some religious groups, such as those supporting causes such as teaching creationism in schools, as a "finding" that any secular or non-observable evolution-based activity is, in fact, religion.[5]”

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #594 on: March 17, 2018, 10:18:55 am »
Speaking of Matthew T Mason, A.K.A. slidellman4life, Jason Todd, Jerome Horowitz, Maxwell Edison, and now Billy Pilgrim:

His Twitter feed shows a few new interesting things, including:

- David Hogg, school massacre survivor, is a "crisis actor"
- He still wants to tell us all about Jesus
- The militant homosexual agenda is targeting our children
- "conversion therapy" is a term invented and then discredited by the left, used to ban secular "therapy", intimidate churches, and shut down ministries
- he is a fan of Ruth Buzzi (?????????)
- he is boycotting Dick's Sporting Goods
- He STILL wants to tell us all about Jesus
- "Call Me By Your Name" is a homosexual/pedophile romantic drama
- Assorted transgender bashing
- Worst of all:  He defends this utterly disgusting children's book.  Synopsis (if you can stand to read this):  Alfie is a young boy whose pedophile uncle moves in, molests  him and "turns him gay".  Alfie sees a counselor, who tells him he's just confused, and suddenly he's not gay anymore. So it blurs the lines of homosexuals and pedophiles and affirms conversion therapy all at the same time.
http://www.gaire.com/e/f/view.asp?parent=1382263

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #595 on: March 18, 2018, 12:29:41 am »
I don’t know why he wants to tell us about Jesus so badly. Jesus thinks he’s an asshole. He told me. :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:32:55 am by Ambulance Chaser »

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2018, 01:47:32 am »
I don’t know why he wants to tell us about Jesus so badly. Jesus thinks he’s an asshole. He told me. :)

It's funny because every other tweet is about how he wants to tell us about Jesus and the amazing things he's done for his life, and then there are other self-pitying tweets where he whines about how miserable his life is.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #597 on: March 18, 2018, 01:39:07 pm »
It's funny because every other tweet is about how he wants to tell us about Jesus and the amazing things he's done for his life, and then there are other self-pitying tweets where he whines about how miserable his life is.

Yeah, if having Jesus in my life is going to turn me into a bile-spitting ball of hate-fueled anger who lashes out at everyone who comes near me, I think I’ll pass. Matt isn’t exactly a great advertisement for why Jesus is so great.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #598 on: March 18, 2018, 01:47:27 pm »
Oh God, he's at his absolute worst and angering EVERYONE right now on this thread:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/christiannewsnetwork/atheist_activist_group_wants_to_stop_pastor_from_offering_lunchtime_bible_study_at_school/#comment-3812006955

The blithering chowderhead never seems to learn his lesson that Christian News Network doesn't allow name calling.  Count the number of times he calls someone an idiot.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #599 on: March 18, 2018, 05:27:05 pm »
I'm going around and flagging every one of his comments now.  Normally, I woudn't even bother, but since he constantly tells everyone how he's flagging their posts, it's only fitting.