Author Topic: Possible shootout at MIT?  (Read 26410 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Possible shootout at MIT?
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2013, 01:30:15 pm »
They're not blowing up the house. It sounds like they're going to be using an explosives robot to move some suspected bombs outside for controlled detonations
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2013, 01:38:36 pm »
So apparently the police are going to be doing a controlled detonation at their home in Cambridge. Wonder if it was booby trapped?

I think they apprehended the guy. They wouldn't be blowing up the house if he wasn't inside.

I'm just angry & frustrated that there's no mass Muslim outreach educating Muslim kids on the stupidity of Islamozealotry. The best way to fight bigotry & zealotry is education.

There are pro-Muslim organizations who are trying hard to educate the public about real Islam, which is not about terrorism, but they're never noticed. Where are the mass sane Muslim protests? Where's the noise? Where the education & outreach? Are the nice Muslims a minority now? Has the whole religion become a Medinan perversion?

Now the Far-Right have ammunition for propaganda to bring this nation more Right-Wing! FUCK YOU, COCK-SUCKING RIGHT-WING FUCK YOU & YOUR FASCIST WAYS! LEFT-WING FOREVER! FREEDOM FOR ALL! LIBERALS RIIIISE!

Damned zealots and Facists, always ahead of the good guys whom Karma favors! WHEN WILL OUR DAY COME? THIS OUR TIME, DAMMIT!

I WANTED WHITE TEA-BRAINS OR RANDOM CRAZIES TO BE RESPONSIBLE! BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO! IT'S MUSLIM NUTS WITH TIES TO AL QUEDA! THE GOP GONNA HAVE A BALL!

NO MORE! WE THE PROGRESSIVE MAJORITY ARE GOING TO PUT OUR FOOT DOWN! WE ARE GONNA TAKE A NON-VIOLENT SMACKDOWN ON THE RIGHT! WE NEED TO MARCH! WE NEED TO RISE! WE NEED TO COUNTER THE HATE PROPAGANDA! WE NEED TO EMBOLDEN THE GOOD MUSLIMS & GOOD CHRISTIANS TO SPEAK OUT & COUNTER THE SHIT FROM THE ZEALOTS!

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2013, 01:48:54 pm »
They're not blowing up the house. It sounds like they're going to be using an explosives robot to move some suspected bombs outside for controlled detonations

They have no idea how much explosive is in the house, if you can seperate it and blow it up in small explosions, it reduces the risk.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2013, 02:48:12 pm »
When will the Progressives rise & take over? I'm am so frustrated with the world! Speak up, dammit! Organize! Do something!

And do what exactly?
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2013, 02:55:18 pm »
When will the Progressives rise & take over? I'm am so frustrated with the world! Speak up, dammit! Organize! Do something!

And do what exactly?

I dunno. I had a meltdown, again. I'll remove the offending comments.

I need too cool down before I post-when-mad. Darn mental illness issues!

I've now removed the stupid stuff.

Y'know, I realize that MSNBC can blow stuff outta proportion, too. This is probably some isolated dork thing that involves two kids who caught the Islamofundie bug....not a big cell or organized campaign. The world is not going to end. We'll get through this.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:58:28 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2013, 03:12:13 pm »
although i tl;dr'd spuki's rant, the general feeling of frustration is pretty high in me. i'm the resident yank in my school (for spending 5 years in northern VA... yeah), and let's just say i've been going off on pretty heavy walls of rage (wall o'texts irl) to anyone discussing this subject. i was in fairfax county from '98 to '03. meanwhile, there was columbine, 9/11 that hit pretty hard, the fucking beltway sniper (who gave my sister major neuroses due to vulture-reporters), then years later a few friends were at VTech, a bazillion and a half school shootings later, and one boston massacre later and still people keep on getting killed due to monsters. when will we learn?! i'm tired of waking up and seeing horrors committed across the world. hell, even in france who is pretty reasonable there was a fucking killer in my town last year! when will it all end?!

i'm not trying to pass for a victim, here. i know i was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and that shit happens. my heart goes out to anyone near the boston area: i know that terror too well, and i wouldn't wish it on anyone but the biggest douche-canoes.

all i'm saying is: why the fuck won't people learn? it's really depressing.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2013, 04:21:44 pm »
apparently fox news specified for their confused viewers at home that “chechens are not caucasian”, which is perhaps the most succinct summary of why it’s a stupid term I have ever seen in my life. source
Hey if they didn't do that it would interfere with Fox News' narrative that only non-whites commit crime.

Perhaps. Except they're wrong on two levels. Geographically and anthropologically (kinda).
Okay so really the question is stupid or evil?

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2013, 04:25:30 pm »
So just found out that someone who's a mutual friend of mine and both my siblings knows the MIT officer who was killed.  He was apparently just as friendly as news sources say he was.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2013, 04:28:31 pm »
although i tl;dr'd spuki's rant, the general feeling of frustration is pretty high in me. i'm the resident yank in my school (for spending 5 years in northern VA... yeah), and let's just say i've been going off on pretty heavy walls of rage (wall o'texts irl) to anyone discussing this subject. i was in fairfax county from '98 to '03. meanwhile, there was columbine, 9/11 that hit pretty hard, the fucking beltway sniper (who gave my sister major neuroses due to vulture-reporters), then years later a few friends were at VTech, a bazillion and a half school shootings later, and one boston massacre later and still people keep on getting killed due to monsters. when will we learn?! i'm tired of waking up and seeing horrors committed across the world. hell, even in france who is pretty reasonable there was a fucking killer in my town last year! when will it all end?!

i'm not trying to pass for a victim, here. i know i was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and that shit happens. my heart goes out to anyone near the boston area: i know that terror too well, and i wouldn't wish it on anyone but the biggest douche-canoes.

The number of ax crazy murderers out there is pretty low. The media just loves to blow it out of proportion so the have something for news.

One thing though is that there aren't usually this many crazy things that go done so close to each other. The number is still small, but it has grown in the last couple years. That, or people haven't paid attention to it before. I have to wonder what triggered the recent growth?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2013, 05:33:23 pm »

The number of ax crazy murderers out there is pretty low. The media just loves to blow it out of proportion so the have something for news.

One thing though is that there aren't usually this many crazy things that go done so close to each other. The number is still small, but it has grown in the last couple years. That, or people haven't paid attention to it before. I have to wonder what triggered the recent growth?

Maybe the same reason there are sometimes shootings and suicides after a major shooting/suicide, like an inspiration or something.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2013, 06:32:54 pm »
Just heard on CBS that they lost him, and don't know where he is.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2013, 06:33:26 pm »

Maybe the same reason there are sometimes shootings and suicides after a major shooting/suicide, like an inspiration or something.

*long list of expletives*

copycat killings?... are you trying to make me do a rizzo? i'm barely keeping my faith in humanity as it is.

actually, you know what? it's not the violence, horror, terror, what have you that's the problem. the frustration doesn't come from there. the frustration comes from my helplessness at all this. i'm not a medic, i'm not a shrink or a therapist. all i can do is keep on encouraging people and preaching the golden rule. i just feel it's not enough, sometimes. i'm only one guy  :'(
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
And he's cornered...
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2013, 07:13:56 pm »

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2013, 07:15:30 pm »
News is now saying they've found a body in a boat in a backyard in Watertown.

And possibly another firefight too?
a.k.a. TGRwulf

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
Re: And he's cornered...
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2013, 07:15:41 pm »
And there was much rejoicing!
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.