Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387574 times)

Even Then

Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #840 on: March 31, 2017, 01:22:58 pm »
Fuck it, I'll bite. Radiation, how do you define "SJW" or "PC crap"?

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #841 on: March 31, 2017, 04:38:15 pm »
I am not good at defining things, what do you want me to do? I am pretty sure you can see examples on Youtube and elsewhere but SJWs are those far leftists who get offended by everything and want to force their viewpoints on everyone else. Political correctness is basically replacing words are phrases that are deemed "offensive" with words that are less offensive unfortunately this causes censorship and people can't say what they want to say.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #842 on: March 31, 2017, 04:40:51 pm »
Have you seen what Trump does whenever anyone criticises him? He's a right-wing SJW.

Or how about Rick Perry banning the use of the terms "climate change" and "Paris Accords" in the Department of Energy? That's literal political correctness.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #843 on: March 31, 2017, 05:13:49 pm »
A social justice warrior is just anyone who has taken the fight for any races, sexual orientations, genders, gender inequality and gender equality, religion etc way too far to the point where It's not a left wing or right wing thing. Alt righters are just white people SJWs who need their internet safe spaces like on /pol/ or r/The_Donald or Breitbart just like every other special internet snow flake.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
« Reply #844 on: March 31, 2017, 05:31:15 pm »
You know what? I don't think I am even going to win here so I guess I am just going to leave. I used to love this place for having real, rational discussions and people respected others but now I feel that I am being ridiculed because of who I voted for and why. I have had nothing but respect for those who had different beliefs and ideas but apparently I don't belong here and no I am not "running away" nor am I unable to take it so I am just going to go.

Maybe in the future I will come back, I don't know but all I want to say is congratuations on getting the mainpage back and good luck to you.

I'm done, I'm out.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #845 on: March 31, 2017, 06:23:31 pm »
Ok, tell you what. I'm going to sleep on this and do some more research, if anything my mind can always be changed about something, I just feel a bit hurt right now and not really thinking rationally.

I will say that I still don't like SJWs, BLM, and the notion of "white privilege" and "white supremacy" That hurts me because deep in my heart I have no hatred for other races yet I am being attacked by these extremists for my skin color. I have been taught that we should be equal and I believe in that whole heartedly.

You may not have hatred, but scientist have found that almost everyone has very strong unconscious racism without knowing it.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/05/inquiring-minds-david-amodio-your-brain-on-racism

You can be a racist without openly hating anyone.  Me too, I can easily think of times when I've acted on unconscious racism and didn't realize it until later.

I actual want to say something about Morality here: my view is that if you are certain that you aren't racist, that you are kindhearted, that you are a good person to the point where you take offense and outrage at the idea you might not be, that kind of thinking makes you a bad person.

I do not believe in God, but I actually do think that Christians are right about some of their basic ideas about morality: we are all sinners.  Pride is the root of most sin.  And being a good person is about seeking redemption. 

One of my favorite books ever, Evil by Roy Baumeister a book on the psychology of why people do evil things, has this line that really stuck with me. (paraphrasing a bit) "Psychologist gathered data to find what were the different categories of pathologically violent people.  But when you use modern statistical methods it turns out there aren't different categories, just one (with a few rare exceptions):  The Fragile Narcissist."

Now I am not accusing you of being pathologically violent, or of being mentally ill.  But Fragile Narcissism can still show up in normal people, and it makes them into bad people.  The certainty that you are good and kind and being unable to handle the idea that you aren't, that stops you from being able to see it if you are in the wrong.  It stops you from trying to improve yourself.  It justifies cruelty because if you are good then what you've done can't be bad.

Being a good person is about having the humility to admit you aren't perfect.  That you aren't a good person.  But that you will put in the work to be better.

The Trump movement strikes me as entirely based on Fragile Narcissism.  This anger over being thought of as racist seems a very common theme.  It's all about "We know we're the greatest.  The problem is everyone else's fault.  We should stop apologizing, stop examining our own actions.  How dare they think we are wrong, that we are flawed.  We are justified in doing cruel things like banning refugees because we are good and they are bad because they don't think we are good."  That that pitch is always tempting, as are it's many equivalents on the political left.  But whenever you hear that remember, that's Satan speaking.  That is the path to the darkside.  And it will always end in tears.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #846 on: March 31, 2017, 06:38:34 pm »
Rads...tha hell?  I have yet to see anyone openly ridicule you; from my point of view, they want to understand how you could do what ya did for the reasons you claim to have.  Being 100% honest, I don't get it, either.  Hillary could've literally called a black person "nigger" once, and that still wouldn't come close to the levels of racism D-Tizzle has expressed numerous times in the past.  The problem is that you seem to willfully ignore your side doing the same shit you accuse Hillary et al of doing.

We are giving you a chance, how's about you reciprocate?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #847 on: March 31, 2017, 07:05:54 pm »
This is just a shot in the dark, but maybe he feels like he's being ganged up on? I think it might be a good idea to have a one-on-one debate with him.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #848 on: March 31, 2017, 07:09:07 pm »
She.  Radiation is a she.

Ironbite-and gone.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #849 on: March 31, 2017, 07:16:06 pm »

Ironbite-and gone.

Well, I'll nix my post as my points tend to contain a fair amount of invective, and I really don't want her to leave.

Not that Radiation isn't being unreasonable; she is. She posted her views, had an obvious double standard, was called on it, and is now leaving because that's easier than confronting short-comings within her paradigm.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #850 on: March 31, 2017, 07:30:13 pm »

Ironbite-and gone.

*Looks up* How the hell did I miss that? Sorry about misgendering you, Radiation. And if you're reading this, I'm willing to hear you out. Who knows? Maybe I'll learn something.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #851 on: March 31, 2017, 07:32:52 pm »
https://www.gofundme.com/BuyCongressData

So now that both the Senate and the House have voted to strip you of any privacy protections on the Internet, people are looking to raise money to buy the browsing history of all 265 Republican Representatives and Senators who voted to do that. (Plus President Trump's, if he signs it.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #852 on: March 31, 2017, 07:53:35 pm »
*sigh* While I don't like the idea of people quitting because they feel ganged up on, as far as I can see that didn't happen here. People might have been passionate about the ideas they were debating but the invective was on a pretty low dial. For when it's turned up look at the locked Gamergate thread or any discussion with Contrarian.

I'm sorry you're leaving Radiation, but people weren't saying you were bad. They were saying you were wrong. Different.

You can be a racist without openly hating anyone.  Me too, I can easily think of times when I've acted on unconscious racism and didn't realize it until later.

This.

"Racist" is not solely restricted to this, this or even this.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:04:35 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
« Reply #853 on: March 31, 2017, 08:04:02 pm »
*sigh* While I don't like the idea of people quitting because they feel ganged up on, as far as I can see that didn't happen here. People might have been passionate about the ideas they were debating but the invective was on a pretty low dial. For when it's turned up look at the locked Gamergate thread or any discussion with Contrarian.

I'm sorry you're leaving Radiation, but people weren't saying you were bad. They were saying you were wrong. Different.

Ok, I won't leave, leave but I need to be away for a while at least. This whole thing has me upset.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #854 on: March 31, 2017, 08:44:15 pm »
And that's on you.  You knew this place was left-leaning and somewhat logical.  You came in here, sputtered a bunch of points and haven't made a single attempt at defending them from a logical standpoint.  Honestly we haven't changed Radiation, you have.

Ironbite-we're not that much of an echo chamber....chamber...chamber.