Author Topic: Decapitated corpse found, police suspect suicide.  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Decapitated corpse found, police suspect suicide.
« on: September 19, 2013, 10:50:53 am »
http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/man-found-decapitated-police-suspect-suicide/nYNZh/?nmredir=true

Police say a woman who lives in the home found her husband dead in the garage.

His hands and feet were tied and the body had been decapitated.

Tulsa police told KRMG news the death was due to suicide.

Cops gave no other details at the time but continue to investigate the matter.

Emphasis mine.

Well I suppose it could be some complicated scheme to get insurance money for his family.

Or an extreme practical joke.

Still sounds suspicious but I am going to assume that the police aren't incompetent enough to claim this a suicide unless they have some impressive evidence to back it up. And I don't know enough of the local police department to claim that they are corrupt and involved with this. (Which would again bring up the question of why frame something like this as a suicide when more plausible methods would do the trick.)

From the comments:
Question? Did he dcapitate himself first before he tied himself up or after. Dont see it being a suicide. but I guess anything could happen in some cases. but not likely.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Decapitated corpse found, police suspect suicide.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 10:57:23 am »
Could be an assisted suicide

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 11:22:01 am »
Unless he setup some Rube Goldberg apparatus to decapitate himself after he tied himself up, then I highly doubt this was suicide.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 11:37:37 am »
"Home city, I am disappoint." ... Is what I would say if I actually had higher expectations. I must have missed this on the local news, but that's probably because I rarely watch it.

In other local news, yesterday a dead, rotting, body was recently found in a field right in front of a highschool. The police couldn't determine if it was male or female, and weren't sure if it might be a murder or someone who died naturally while walking through the field. Because the latter happens so often.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 12:46:36 pm »
"Home city, I am disappoint." ... Is what I would say if I actually had higher expectations. I must have missed this on the local news, but that's probably because I rarely watch it.

In other local news, yesterday a dead, rotting, body was recently found in a field right in front of a highschool. The police couldn't determine if it was male or female, and weren't sure if it might be a murder or someone who died naturally while walking through the field. Because the latter happens so often.

At least the latter sounds halfway plausible; you could have a ticking time-bomb of an aneurism in your head that just goes off while you're walking and your blood pressure goes a little too high a little too quick.  Tying yourself up whilst already decapitated, or decapitating yourself whilst tied up is a -little- less plausible.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 01:07:55 pm »
The only way I can imagine this was a suicide was if he hung himself with ultra thin sharp garrote wire or rigged up a guillotine-like device, or strapped a grenade to the back of his neck. In any case, his hands had to be tied so as to allow him to trigger a device or set a wire noose. The means of tying his hands would almost have to be plastic zip ties, pulled taut by his teeth. Perhaps, if the suicide theory is correct, he did this to keep himself from halting the process in panic. Murder or suicide, this is super creepy.

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 01:56:22 pm »
Apparently decapitation as a result of hanging is rare, but it has happened before: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1556-4029.12001/pdf (warning, there are graphic images of decapitated and/or hanging corpses at that link)
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 02:26:17 pm »
Apparently decapitation as a result of hanging is rare, but it has happened before: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1556-4029.12001/pdf (warning, there are graphic images of decapitated and/or hanging corpses at that link)

Plausible theory...but the guy's hands were tied.

Something fishy is going on. Either the cops are super-stupid or they're in on it....or maybe the wife. I don't know. One needs to know the full details.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 02:33:17 pm »
As for assist well he had someone bind the hands and feet to ensure no reactions to the man decapitating him

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 02:42:34 pm »
I'm remembering one case where the police claim this one guy shot himself with a gun they had left in the police car after arresting him for supposedly having drugs.

A few problems with that.  One, the guy's hands were handcuffed behind his back.  Two, the bullet entry wound was in his front.  Three, what the fuck were they doing leaving a gun in the BACK OF THE CAR?

That being said, I wish the police weren't so quick to rule this off as a suicide, at least not without presenting some really good evidence.  If his arms and legs were tied, I suspect foul play and the police should, too.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 03:18:18 pm »
That being said, I wish the police weren't so quick to rule this off as a suicide, at least not without presenting some really good evidence.  If his arms and legs were tied, I suspect foul play and the police should, too.

Do remember that all we know is a couple of sentences from a news bit, while the police are actually there, with first-hand access to the evidence. They could be complete idiots/covering something up, those are certainly things that happen. But they could also be halfway competent at their jobs and know things we don't that strongly point towards suicide, and that seems a priori far more likely. I don't think we have enough information to say anything about what the police have or haven't suspected or what they have good evidence for.
Σא

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 03:35:41 pm »

Do remember that all we know is a couple of sentences from a news bit, while the police are actually there, with first-hand access to the evidence. They could be complete idiots/covering something up, those are certainly things that happen. But they could also be halfway competent at their jobs and know things we don't that strongly point towards suicide, and that seems a priori far more likely. I don't think we have enough information to say anything about what the police have or haven't suspected or what they have good evidence for.
That was my assesment as well. If this is a poor cover up (REALLY POOR COVER UP!) they will get caught easily. If this on the other hand IS a suicide, though cleverly made not to appear as one, then they must have evidence to back it up.

The news story merely has a few lines and is of course written to make it sound outrageous because that is a good story that sells papers. (Or would if it wasn't for free in the web version. Get's advertising money from page hits?)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 01:43:09 pm »
The news story merely has a few lines and is of course written to make it sound outrageous because that is a good story that sells papers. (Or would if it wasn't for free in the web version. Get's advertising money from page hits?)

Yup. "If it bleeds, it leads"...to mucho page hits=more advert commissions.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 02:40:48 am »
Well, this is Oklahoma. Home state of the police force who claimed a man spontaneously combusted.