Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024130 times)

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #465 on: February 10, 2012, 12:14:16 am »
To be fair, I don't cake on the stuff with a butter knife. The only stuff you can tell I'm wearing is eye makeup and the rest isn't noticeable at all.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Sandafluffoid

• Bishop
  • Defective Detective
« Reply #466 on: February 10, 2012, 12:21:53 am »
Whenever I see people wearing makeup I just want to hand them a tissue and say tell them they have a little something on their face. I never really understood it, I just find it distracting.
Oh look it's me.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #467 on: February 10, 2012, 02:05:33 am »
A girl sitting next to me at school today was complaining about how she spent $70 at a bar the other night. You see, dipshit, it's pretty easy to avoid doing something that monumentally stupid. You can either learn to control yourself and only order a drink or two, or (since that's probably too hard) you can stay away from bars entirely. If those are both too difficult, then by Jebus, you've got a problem.
That's partially why I don't drink any more. Once the booze starts working its magic, all sense of financial responsibility goes flying out the window, as does all other forms of control that could possibly inhibit one's quest to get even drunker. Waking up in the morning to find you're out $60-110 is not exactly an ideal addition to a hangover.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #468 on: February 10, 2012, 09:19:33 am »
Whenever I see people wearing makeup I just want to hand them a tissue and say tell them they have a little something on their face. I never really understood it, I just find it distracting.

It depends on how good you are at applying it.  When properly done, it should be barely noticeable.

...Says the woman who generally only wears lipstick, and only to work. XD
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #469 on: February 10, 2012, 09:46:36 am »
I have never figured out the tools of makeup-ing. Nor do I want or need to.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #470 on: February 10, 2012, 10:20:48 am »

Mostly it's a matter of society making you feel like you're utterly hideous if you don't find ways to play up your best features, while hiding/distracting people from the stuff that doesn't live up to society's beauty standards.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #471 on: February 10, 2012, 11:06:06 am »
I hate when I know what I want to write, I've written it, but then I look back and think "...This is all shit. I should be shot for how bad it is."

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #472 on: February 10, 2012, 11:14:11 am »
I woke up this morning singing this.

Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #473 on: February 10, 2012, 12:40:32 pm »
My nose...I'm all stuffed up today.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #474 on: February 10, 2012, 01:41:09 pm »
Something I've never understood: a lot of people on sports teams (in high school and college) continually complain about having to attend practice every day, and often celebrate when it's rained out or canceled. If you hate it that much, then why are you participating in that sport? I guess the games or competitions (like for track) could be fulfilling due to success and teamwork, but if you hate the practice sessions that much, is it really worth it?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #475 on: February 10, 2012, 03:40:10 pm »
Yeah, it can be worth it even if you don't care for practice. It's just that some days practice can be really brutal and you're just not feeling up to it that day, but you're obligated to go. Practice can also be really time consuming, especially at college level, and it's hard to get everything you need to done.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #476 on: February 10, 2012, 04:40:03 pm »
Yeah, it can be worth it even if you don't care for practice. It's just that some days practice can be really brutal and you're just not feeling up to it that day, but you're obligated to go. Practice can also be really time consuming, especially at college level, and it's hard to get everything you need to done.

I dunno how some of the athletes here manage to maintain a decent GPA and still do sports. I couldn't do it.

Also, I feel like absolute shit right now because I just saw an image of a rhinoceros missing its horn because it'd been removed by poachers with a chainsaw. God dammit, poachers, fuck you all so hard in your gaping assholes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:42:39 pm by Sleepy »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #477 on: February 10, 2012, 05:01:09 pm »
I will say that I think the band may have worked harder. We definitely had longer hours. But it ended up being worth it at the end. We just didn't like the practices because of various things (having to sit next to people we didn't like, having to go over the same few notes, etc.,)

&

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #478 on: February 11, 2012, 12:20:34 pm »
I really dislike it when people bring up the extremely nitpicky points in arguments.

In the same way that you don't need to be an animal to support animal rights, you don't have to be gay to support gay rights.

Fail: ponies are part of the animal kingdom. Of course, a robot or a sentient plant could support animal rights.

Above we have an inference failure and terribly missing the point.  All I can do is headdesk when I read that.  Came from FB.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #479 on: February 12, 2012, 10:35:11 pm »
That tomorrow night is the first night of the Wesminster Kennel Club dog show, and I have to work, so I'm going to miss my 3 favorite groups....The Toy, the Non-Sporting, and the Herding groups