Author Topic: Overly Attached Girlfriend/Commitment Fear Memes  (Read 9297 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Overly Attached Girlfriend/Commitment Fear Memes
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 11:40:43 pm »
I was never a fan of it in the first place :P
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 12:08:11 am »
And that's why I don't watch Spongebob.

That's from one of the older episodes. Sash Flinging Flasher era (I know what I said)
Good times.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 08:05:10 am »
I actually sent some OAG pics to someone to express my feelings on a guy's crazy ex-girlfriend. I can attest that she is scarily like many of the memes; despite having been broken up for years, she's still convinced that they're not only together but are planning on getting married soon. She has no problems telling everyone this as a fact, which leads to much confusion when he gets told that his "fiance" showed up. She also loves having her girlfriends spy on him whenever they get the chance and report back to her so she knows what he's doing at all times.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 01:11:23 pm »
I actually sent some OAG pics to someone to express my feelings on a guy's crazy ex-girlfriend. I can attest that she is scarily like many of the memes; despite having been broken up for years, she's still convinced that they're not only together but are planning on getting married soon. She has no problems telling everyone this as a fact, which leads to much confusion when he gets told that his "fiance" showed up. She also loves having her girlfriends spy on him whenever they get the chance and report back to her so she knows what he's doing at all times.

So... she's a stalker?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 01:22:50 pm »

So... she's a stalker?

A massive one. But he's also got problems of his own, mainly a hideously low self-esteem. The guy acts like a pretentious asshole, but mostly because he's terrified of ever seeming "lesser", so he overcompensates. He can't let this girl go because they dated for several years and he has a lot of trouble finding anyone who can stand him for more than a few weeks.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 04:48:24 pm »

So... she's a stalker?

A massive one. But he's also got problems of his own, mainly a hideously low self-esteem. The guy acts like a pretentious asshole, but mostly because he's terrified of ever seeming "lesser", so he overcompensates. He can't let this girl go because they dated for several years and he has a lot of trouble finding anyone who can stand him for more than a few weeks.

Ugh, that's just unhealthy, for both of them.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Distind

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 05:08:02 pm »
Sometimes the worst insult you can offer a couple is "You deserve eachother".

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 06:47:28 pm »

That's what my landlady says about the guy living upstairs, who has a psychotic girlfriend. That's no exaggeration, she's on several anti-psychotic drugs and certainly needs to get her doses adjusted, because they don't appear to be working. They drink heavily together, which is never good with that type of meds, and also leads to him verbally abusing her. He's a dysfunctional asshole who acts like a five-year-old and can't even be bothered to do necessary shit, like get his license.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 01:31:53 am »

I feel bad for him, really. He was an exceptionally intelligent and creative kid who grew up in the middle of nowhere, Illinois. His mother never wanted him to be an actor or artist, and was very much the kind of person who will stay in the same position in the same company for 40 years and be happy that she's stable. She wanted him to do the same thing: stick with a job that he doesn't like because it gives him "stability."

He's brilliant and can be a nice guy, but his self-esteem is in the toilet. He's extremely insecure and doesn't know how to deal with people; the guy's walking out on auditions over minor issues or refusing to audition because he's too scared.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 04:02:12 am »

I feel bad for him, really. He was an exceptionally intelligent and creative kid who grew up in the middle of nowhere, Illinois. His mother never wanted him to be an actor or artist, and was very much the kind of person who will stay in the same position in the same company for 40 years and be happy that she's stable. She wanted him to do the same thing: stick with a job that he doesn't like because it gives him "stability."

He's brilliant and can be a nice guy, but his self-esteem is in the toilet. He's extremely insecure and doesn't know how to deal with people; the guy's walking out on auditions over minor issues or refusing to audition because he's too scared.

What's he been trying to audition for.  I guess "try" might be a bad word to use, but I think you know what I mean, right?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 04:19:53 am »

What's he been trying to audition for.  I guess "try" might be a bad word to use, but I think you know what I mean, right?

He mostly works in the theme parks, but he wants to break into the movie business and get his SAG card. So he's been auditioning/considering auditioning for different local productions and expanding from there (as I do). The problem is that he's so hobbled by being raised with these insecurities and wanting to "stay stable" that he often neglects the auditions or chickens out in favor of doing more hours as a theme park character, and his issues with self-esteem and overcompensation/a very sensitive ego leads him to get on everyone's bad side.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 04:50:12 am »

He mostly works in the theme parks, but he wants to break into the movie business and get his SAG card. So he's been auditioning/considering auditioning for different local productions and expanding from there (as I do). The problem is that he's so hobbled by being raised with these insecurities and wanting to "stay stable" that he often neglects the auditions or chickens out in favor of doing more hours as a theme park character, and his issues with self-esteem and overcompensation/a very sensitive ego leads him to get on everyone's bad side.

Ah,I see.  That's tragic.  So this "girlfriend" of his somehow never got the hint because of his self-defeating behavior or something?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 04:56:49 pm »
My boyfriend used to be the male equivalent of a OAG, but life's forced him to be realistic about his attachment. We don't love each other less just because we have less time together. I got that sooner than he did.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 08:02:08 pm »

Ah,I see.  That's tragic.  So this "girlfriend" of his somehow never got the hint because of his self-defeating behavior or something?

That's as close as you can get. He's not willing to totally drop her because he's afraid of losing someone who pretty much unconditionally loves him, but he knows she's too crazy to get back in a relationship with. So they're stuck in a sort of limbo, with her following him around and coming over to make him soup when he gets sick and telling all of her friends that he's her fiance while he just accepts it and dates other women.