Author Topic: Tired of the smear...  (Read 4207 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Tired of the smear...
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 01:35:42 am »
Welcome to you. :)

I'm a Christian, but not Catholic.  More non-denominational self-churched kinda person.  I can relate to the way you feel about Judas, and I actually believe that he wasn't a bad guy.  Just a guy who had to do what he had to do, and his anguish overcame him and he committed suicide.

I believe it's healthy to question one's faith.  As belief lies in faith, not fact.  If it were known factual, then faith wouldn't be needed.   It's not my place to judge anyone, nor do I consider anyone here going to hell, as, again it's not my place, and only God knows the heart and soul of a person. 

Pretty much what I do is TRY to uphold the Love Thy Neighbor and Golden Rule aspects of Christianity.  I fail a lot, but... I'm only human.  Just get up and try again.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 02:57:13 am »
You say you live in a Muslim country but drink... I can only think of literally one country that does this.

But welcome. I hope you find in us Godlesd Heathens the best opportunity to discuss religion like you can't find with most hyper-religious people.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 07:38:21 am »
You say you live in a Muslim country but drink... I can only think of literally one country that does this.

But welcome. I hope you find in us Godlesd Heathens the best opportunity to discuss religion like you can't find with most hyper-religious people.
I think drinking is legal in most countries

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 01:38:49 pm »
I don't find your beliefs offensive at all.  They're similar to what my mom believes.  She's a Catholic, but she's always at odds with church teaching and has a very different take on the Bible.  I was actually never raised with the angry vengeful God.  It wasn't until I started reading shit on the web from Fundie Christians that I realized the dark side of religion. 

Ultimately, when religion gives you comfort, hope, and encourages good, it's fine.  But when it causes fear and loathing, and is used to enforce their "morality" it's pure evil.  Fundamentalism (and conservativism) unfortunately fits into the latter category.

Offline GLaDOS

• Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System
  • Bishop
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 02:00:46 pm »
Welcome Nebulesque!

4) The USA is definitely where most of the extremist Christians congregate... mainly because they can actually sway the masses here for some reason.  Britain seems to do a better job of keeping religion out of politics.  Perhaps the UK does, too?  I'm not sure.

Ironic, given the fact that the UK technically has an official religion.
Space? SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
How are you holding up? Because I'm a POTATO.
Silence will fall.
For fuck's sake, please keep my fucks given levels balanced.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 04:28:31 pm »
Welcome Nebulesque!

4) The USA is definitely where most of the extremist Christians congregate... mainly because they can actually sway the masses here for some reason.  Britain seems to do a better job of keeping religion out of politics.  Perhaps the UK does, too?  I'm not sure.

Ironic, given the fact that the UK technically has an official religion.

Which is wishy washy and a doctrinal kitchen sink in order to get most people in.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 10:04:11 pm »
Hey, welcome aboard. I'm an ex-Mormon myself, and a former Baptist prior to that. Fundies irritate the hell out of me, and if I blow a gasket at some point, know that it is not for anyone on this board (if it is, it'll be in F and B). I find humor in irony myself, and the fundies reflecting their own beliefs so poorly is infuriating, and yet humorous at the same time/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!