Author Topic: How about those trigger happy police officers?  (Read 10077 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
How about those trigger happy police officers?
« on: July 07, 2016, 03:52:58 am »
http://www.startribune.com/aftermath-of-officer-involved-shooting-captured-on-phone-video/385789251/#1

I am honestly confused as to why USA still hasn't fixed this shit.

“asked him for license and registration. He told him that it was in his wallet, but he had a pistol on him because he’s licensed to carry. The officer said don’t move. As he was putting his hands back up, the officer shot him in the arm four or five times.”

Unless the witness is lying it appears that when the officer combined "this person has a gun" and "black person" he went into panic mode and shot the guy. Though it is also possible that it was just a case of "this person has a gun" that made the cop go into panic mode and overreact. (If you consider shooting a person over imagined movement or twitch as overreaction.)

Aren't there cases like this all over the place? I mean it appears that the BLM movement also has its share of assholes but you would think that the added publicity would encourage the police to do at least some changes in their "training" to reduce these kinds of incidents.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: How about those trigger happy police officers?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 05:07:04 am »
Because if you criticise police then you're racist against white people and if you say a bad word about guns you hate America.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 05:11:25 am »
But what if non-white people have guns? When was the last time NRA and associates defended their right to guns?

EDIT: The statistics in this article are thought provoking.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36732908?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:54:36 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 06:46:06 am »
But what if non-white people have guns? When was the last time NRA and associates defended their right to guns?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36732908?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Last I heard on the NRA, as of 2016 their membership was 40% women and as for demographics, 40% were minorities comprised of predominantly Asians and Hispanics. And the average age has dropped to around 40 - 45 and is comprised of 23% Democrats.

I can provide a link if requested, but I found these numbers on Ammoland.com and that site is so right wing it makes my skin crawl. These numbers seem to be gathered by Friends of NRA.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:00:33 am »
But what if non-white people have guns?

You shoot them, obviously.  You never know if they're some gangbanging atheist jihadi beaner come to take our jobs, institute Sharia law, and rape our white women.  Better safe than sorry.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 07:22:44 am »

Last I heard on the NRA, as of 2016 their membership was 40% women and as for demographics, 40% were minorities comprised of predominantly Asians and Hispanics. And the average age has dropped to around 40 - 45 and is comprised of 23% Democrats.

I can provide a link if requested, but I found these numbers on Ammoland.com and that site is so right wing it makes my skin crawl. These numbers seem to be gathered by Friends of NRA.

Not what I asked. NRA is big on open carry and concealed carry but when was the last time they defended a gun owner that had been shot (or otherwise bothered) by police for carrying a gun BUT also happened to be black?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 09:07:28 am »
And this isn't the first one this WEEK to have been shot while carrying a gun.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alton-sterling-video_us_577d668ae4b0c590f7e7d2a7

The cops body cams somehow "fell off" during the struggle but there's video showing that they had him on the ground, shot him 3 times, demanded he get on the ground, then shot him another 3 times and then pulled the gun out of his pocket as he lay dying.

Ironbite-just...what the hell?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 09:47:16 am »
Prediction: none of these cops are going to be convicted of anything, they'll all get paid administrative leave, end up with the support of millions. And everyone is going to be shocked at these things. For some reason.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 04:58:46 pm »

Not what I asked. NRA is big on open carry and concealed carry but when was the last time they defended a gun owner that had been shot (or otherwise bothered) by police for carrying a gun BUT also happened to be black?

Ah, my mistake.

Unfortunately, the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund doesn't mention the ethnicity of the people in their cases and research is a pain in the ass on an unstable tablet. However, what did spring to mind was the NRA got Florida's SYG law expanded to include warning shots in time for Marissa Alexander's retrial. Saved her from 20 years in the pokey. That's the only once I can think of off hand; I don't typically pay attention to the persons skin colour and it's rarely mentioned in these cases.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 07:54:02 pm »
Can't have silly things like justice when you've got quotas to fill and win /loss ratios to pad.
"Fear my .45"

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 07:57:35 pm »
At this point, I don't think there's any amount of money someone could give me to get me to go to the US. The police are out of control and even though I'm the palest guy I know, I'd be afraid for my life if I even thought I saw a cop.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 08:32:29 pm »
At this point, I don't think there's any amount of money someone could give me to get me to go to the US. The police are out of control and even though I'm the palest guy I know, I'd be afraid for my life if I even thought I saw a cop.
With hate crime skyrocketing, fascist parties gaining popularity, austerity measures, and anti-labour bills I'm be afraid Europe is gonna start looking like the US pretty soon.

I wouldn't go to Europe, either.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 09:14:13 pm »
The police are out of control

No, they aren't. Police serve an elite few who, generously speaking, don't share the interests of most U.S. citizens. If they were truly out of control they would disappear pretty quickly.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 11:46:53 pm »

That's probably smart. The police districts here base pay raises on the amount of cities shot. Police officers here get very angry when their shifts ends abs anyone they shoot now doesn't count until tomorrow. A full 3/8 of the budget of most metropolitan police departments go towards bullets with another full half going to defense lawyers. Somalian pirates, Asian warlords, and most of Putin's cabinet have cycled through the United States for training on how to better shoot people. And Mad Max Fury Road was based loosely on the New Jersey Turnpike during rush hour. In fact, as I now sit here on my pricy there's a cop car driving by and he wan
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 11:52:57 pm »
Sorry for the break there. Cop shot me a few times.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.