Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463972 times)

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1200 on: October 19, 2012, 08:24:10 am »
I've been playing minecraft.  So I was min(d)ing my own business, found a cave system to explore, and all of a sudden, CREEPER!  I escaped most of the blast damage, only to have the floor destroyed out from under me, and fell into a giant lava pit.  FML.

Distind

« Reply #1201 on: October 20, 2012, 06:31:35 am »
Just finished xcom after plowing through it at full speed. Twas awesome. Just wish some of the abilities really measured up to the others, I guess flush could be as nice as double shot if you don't have high level weapons, but really, killing anything in the game in two hits is just plain handy to be able to do in one turn.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1202 on: October 20, 2012, 02:07:31 pm »
I have friends who play LoL and DOTA2. Now they're bugging me to join.

Anyone here play either? I haven't really pursued looking at either of these.

Saturn500

« Reply #1203 on: October 20, 2012, 02:39:34 pm »
Dota 2's pretty good, even though I suck at it.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1204 on: October 20, 2012, 02:51:43 pm »
I have friends who play LoL and DOTA2. Now they're bugging me to join.

Anyone here play either? I haven't really pursued looking at either of these.

I play LoL and it's a ton of fun.  Not as much as I used to do admittedly but it's a ton of fun to hear PENTA KILL!

Ironbite-not that that ever happened to me.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1205 on: October 20, 2012, 03:28:38 pm »
So I managed to take down a dragon in Dragon Age: Origins. On nightmare difficulty, and on Xbox 360. Granted, I was sucking down potions like they were liquid bacon, but I think it still counts as quite an accomplishment.

In other news, has anyone tried Ace of Spades? It's a shooter that can best be described as Minecraft if it had good combat, and it's completely free. It's a shooter that actually does trench warfare well.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 04:30:11 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1206 on: October 20, 2012, 06:17:58 pm »
Anyone here played Resident Evil 6 yet?

Not personally, but I've seen Marc0 play it on a livestream, and I gotta say, it looked...pretty damn cool.  Like, actually fucking interesting, which is somethin coming from me, since I'm not particularly...keen on the RE series as a whole.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1207 on: October 22, 2012, 12:27:01 pm »
I beat Borderlands 2 not that long ago, but might be getting the new DLC soon.  I've been playing the shit out of Dishonored.  That game is honestly the best stealth game since Thief.  Also, my girlfriend got me the Doom 3 BFG edition, and I've been having a blast replaying both Doom 3 and the original Doom.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:49:52 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1208 on: October 22, 2012, 10:48:53 pm »
Minecraft's site is down, and because of that, I can't log the fuck in, and Technic won't let me play offline unless I actually terminate my connection with my router.  That wouldn't be a problem if one, I weren't in the middle of a YIM conversation, and two, if the site hadn't been down since 11 in the god damned morning.  Central time, of course.

Yeah, its nearing 12 hours of downtime, now, if not already there or beyond.  What the fuck, Mojang?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Distind

« Reply #1209 on: October 23, 2012, 06:54:28 pm »
Did anyone else go from overflowing chests of gold to fucking broke when they installed hearth fire? I'm offing dragons just to have petty cash, and I haven't even added the two other wings to my house.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1210 on: October 23, 2012, 06:55:44 pm »
At least you can get Hearthfire.

Stupid PS3.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1211 on: October 23, 2012, 07:10:22 pm »
Did anyone else go from overflowing chests of gold to fucking broke when they installed hearth fire? I'm offing dragons just to have petty cash, and I haven't even added the two other wings to my house.

That is the one bad thing I'm dreading.  I tend to amass gold like a badass but I've only gotten up to like 40k max.  If this is a drain might be hitting up Dungeons with next to nothing on just so I can carry out all the armor and weapons to sell to shops.

Ironbite-and my own wife.

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #1212 on: October 23, 2012, 07:43:30 pm »
My main character made two houses with all the wings and innards and still had over 150,000 gold.
I only didn't get to do the last plot because of glitch it wouldn't let me.
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1213 on: October 24, 2012, 12:51:31 am »

OMFG yes.  Especially since I took the lazy route and pretty much just bought 90% of the supplies to make stuff.

Also, picked up Naughty Bear: Gold Edition yesterday for 20 bucks.  Holy shit... The game is fun, but EFFED UP at the same time.  You basically run around as "Naughty Bear", a sadistic misanthropic teddy bear who goes around and slaughters other teddy bears or scares them until they off themselves.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1214 on: October 24, 2012, 06:57:58 pm »
Been making the HRE in EU3 (Which promptly killed my excitement because I can do all the things) and making the Scandavian Empire in CK2. It's quite hard since all the Scandavian kingdoms are elective. All my best family members are women, which does not help me one bit.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying