Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462600 times)

Saturn500

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #660 on: July 02, 2012, 10:48:16 am »
I bought the first two parts of "On the rain slick precipice." The Penny arcade game series and although the games were really short I did enjoy them. (Besides they are really REALLY cheap games so I can't really complain about the shortness.)

I'm probably gonna get the third one as well.

Well, so far at least (Chapter 2), episode 3 is amazing, though significantly different from the previous two. So, yeah, you should.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:56:00 am by Saturn500 »

Distind

« Reply #661 on: July 02, 2012, 11:49:59 am »
Between(and largely during) crises this weekend I was plowing through  The Secret World. After having completed 4 of the 'Good luck fucker, you get to guess' missions I have to say I love this damn game. The only sad part is when I replay those quests they damn easy... which is convenient for blowing a character through that awkward early phase when you have two attacks. Assuming you're able to run screaming away fast enough when monsters show up. The rest of the missions are a bit more typical, but the cinematic approach to them is interesting. And for the love of all that's terrifying the faction quest made me want to hide under my chair.

Also, I'm fairly sure the college in innsmouth is roughly what some of the fundies assume happens at real schools.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #662 on: July 02, 2012, 12:20:35 pm »
Well, I downloaded the Technic Pack for Minecraft. Upon loading up my first world, I find myself outside an old timey Japanese village. I decide to go looking for rubber trees. In my five minute long travels, I fell into an oil well, found what I can only guess is a purple fairy before finally being immediately mauled to death by a panther.

All in all, looks to be a very promising mod pack.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:56:57 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #663 on: July 02, 2012, 04:45:38 pm »
I discovered a massive Nether fortress in Minecraft during my search for blaze rods and killed at least four Blazes. Not one of the motherfuckers dropped a rod, and the last one's fireball knocked me into the lava. Dammit, I wanna reach The End. Gimme your rods!
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #664 on: July 02, 2012, 05:36:54 pm »
That's what she said.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #665 on: July 02, 2012, 09:23:29 pm »
So played the Dawnguard dlc for Skyrim.  Absolutely loved it.  Added SEVERAL hours of gameplay and the final boss was actually a bit of a challenge compared to the main game final boss.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #666 on: July 02, 2012, 11:05:52 pm »
It's kinda hillarious to look at the steam forums/reddit steam and watch their summer sale predictions.

STEAM SUMMER SALE!

Coming June 28th  29th   30th
            July 1st     2nd

July 12th !

Saturn500

« Reply #667 on: July 03, 2012, 12:25:29 am »
So played the Dawnguard dlc for Skyrim.  Absolutely loved it.  Added SEVERAL hours of gameplay and the final boss was actually a bit of a challenge compared to the main game final boss.

Are we talking actually challenging, or just challenging by Bethesda standards?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #668 on: July 03, 2012, 04:05:48 am »

ಠ_ಠ
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #669 on: July 03, 2012, 06:21:14 am »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #670 on: July 03, 2012, 08:33:15 am »

Definitely challenging by Bethesda standards, and was a little actually challenging too.  He was super fun to fight though.

Also, if you side with the Dawnguard you can use fucking armored battle trolls.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Saturn500

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #672 on: July 04, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »
Woohoo, I got Monkey Island downloaded. I must say, I missed the Threepwood and his beloved awkwardness.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Saturn500

« Reply #673 on: July 04, 2012, 01:07:40 pm »
I forgot that Spelunky will be coming out on XBLA today! W00T!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #674 on: July 04, 2012, 06:46:08 pm »
Oh my god...I'm so proud of myself right now.  I've managed to make, with the help of MightyPork's PowerCraft mod for Minecraft, a 16-bit clock.  There's a -little- loss of accuracy after the 8th bit's been passed, but twas necessary to expand the resolution beyond 8 bits.

Image is a bit big, but pretty damn cool.

I wonder what it'd take to expand it to 32 bits...

[ETA]
Not much, apparently.  XD

(From MSB to LSB: White > Green > Red > Blue)
Instead of repeaters I decided to use the redstone crossing blocks, normally used to let two wires intersect without having them become one, as impromptu no-delay repeaters!

[ETA, Again]
I think I'm having too much fun with this, lol.  I wired up an extra 32 bits to my clock, bringing me up to 64.  Link, so as to not overload this thing with images.  Gonna have to stop with that, though...Minecraft was about to lock up, lol.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:21:54 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.