Author Topic: DON'T HATE ME COS I'M BEAUTIFUL (and other bullshittery)  (Read 12797 times)

Offline Yla

• The Beast
Re: DON'T HATE ME COS I'M BEAUTIFUL (and other bullshittery)
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2012, 04:52:19 am »
Aphrodite had nothing to worry about, what with being perfect and not having a husband and all, but she was still one of the most jealous and insecure female characters in the whole of Greek myth canon.
She's married to Hephaestos. There is a hilarious story where he puts a fine golden net (god of smithing and craftsmanship, after all) on their marital bed. When Aphrodite goes and fucks Ares in it, he snatches them both up and summons the other gods for a bit of public humiliation. Prompted, Hermes (I think) comments that he would trade places with Ares even if there would be twice as many gods looking on.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.