Author Topic: True anti-humanity from a christian pastor.  (Read 23029 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: True anti-humanity from a christian pastor.
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »
JC - Yeshua Ben Miriam - was arrested, tried, sentenced and executed for violating Roman law and was executed by the Romans, as were 35,000 other Jews.
Not until 325 AD did the name Jesus appear, Christ meaning "Saviour" - a title, not a name.
The Romans then made the biggest whitewash job in history to cover up their crime by diverting the responsibility to the Jews.
Since when has the Roman Empire been known for its compassion? Even when it became the Holy Roman Empire, their armies went out to commit one of the worst acts of genocide upon the Dacians in order to grab their gold and rename their land as Romania (for the Romans)

Um...the name Jesus shows up in all 4 gospels, IIRC.  That'd put mention of that name at 70AD at the earliest, not 325 AD.

Jesus is the romanized version of Yeshua. Just like Jehova is the romanized version of Yahweh.

But, I still need sources for the other parts.

Wait.  Waitwaitwait.  I missed the part where czech thinks that the Roman Empire and the Holy Roman Empire were the same thing.  The two were separated by a good 500+ years.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2012, 07:12:57 pm »
JC - Yeshua Ben Miriam - was arrested, tried, sentenced and executed for violating Roman law and was executed by the Romans, as were 35,000 other Jews.
Not until 325 AD did the name Jesus appear, Christ meaning "Saviour" - a title, not a name.
The Romans then made the biggest whitewash job in history to cover up their crime by diverting the responsibility to the Jews.
Since when has the Roman Empire been known for its compassion? Even when it became the Holy Roman Empire, their armies went out to commit one of the worst acts of genocide upon the Dacians in order to grab their gold and rename their land as Romania (for the Romans)

Um...the name Jesus shows up in all 4 gospels, IIRC.  That'd put mention of that name at 70AD at the earliest, not 325 AD.

Jesus is the romanized version of Yeshua. Just like Jehova is the romanized version of Yahweh.

But, I still need sources for the other parts.

Wait.  Waitwaitwait.  I missed the part where czech thinks that the Roman Empire and the Holy Roman Empire were the same thing.  The two were separated by a good 500+ years.

I was just pointing out that Jesus is the Latinized version of Yeshua, which causes problems for that name to pop up that early. If I remember right, it wasn't until about 390 CE that the first collection of Biblical texts in Latin finally showed up.

The second part of my post was aimed at Czech, just in case that caused any confusion.

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2012, 09:41:09 pm »
I think it's relatively new, I do not remember seeing anything on it back in the 90's.

The idea is that you take a flashlight, set it on a surface, & asks questions. The light will turn on/off in relation to the answers.

That sounds a little Ouja Board already, but what they don't tell you is that you're supposed to unscrew the flashlight first, which makes it incredibly easy to influence. In fact, the very act of the flashlight sitting there will cause expansion enough to change the on/off state.

The restort is usually that "it doesn't explain the regularity of the answers."

That, and they've probably edited the footage to show only the good parts.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2012, 12:29:38 am »

At the risk of asking a stupid question, what was sitting there for all of that time?

I like how they ALWAYS find what they're looking for. There is rarely, if ever, a false report, or a find that contradicts the commonly held belief about what is haunting the site.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2012, 02:07:10 am »

At the risk of asking a stupid question, what was sitting there for all of that time?

I like how they ALWAYS find what they're looking for. There is rarely, if ever, a false report, or a find that contradicts the commonly held belief about what is haunting the site.

Are we talking "Ghost Hunters"? Because I've seen quite a few episodes where they either say their findings were inconclusive, they found nothing, or they found a reason other than the paranormal for what was happening. In one house they pointed out improperly installed wiring that could cause someone to feel like they were being watched.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2012, 02:11:05 am »
I was speaking in general.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2012, 03:10:54 am »
Of course you were.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2012, 03:26:44 am »
I don't watch Ghost Hunters, though I have said before that I don't believe the claims that it's somehow more legitimate than the other couple dozen shows that have the same premise.

Make of that what you will.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2012, 04:23:38 am »
Most shows I watch don't find anything spectacular or anything at all for most of the season. And I watch Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, and others that deal with the paranormal.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2012, 04:29:01 am »
Most shows I watch don't find anything spectacular or anything at all for most of the season. And I watch Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, and others that deal with the paranormal.

I can only remember two Ghost Hunters episodes that even really had anything. The halloween one where they went to the hotel that inspired "The Shining" and the thing leaning over the rails in the lighthouse from many seasons back. And they rarely find anything on Destination Truth. Some of them they outright stated were over imaginative people.

Perhaps this should be split into its own thread? We derailed from the original topic and went all EVPs and Ghost at least two pages back.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2012, 04:35:22 am »
That's funny, because Ghost Adventures was one of the ones I was thinking of explicitly. They ALWAYS find multiple EVPs, & frequently find "relevent" ones, EM spikes, temperature drops, etc. Now, keep in mind, there's a difference between what you & I consider evidence of ghosts & what the show is claiming. True, they only get something that raises my eyebrows every few episodes, but their claim is that they find something good every single time. In fact, they in specific have apparently gotten this observation before, because in one of the episodes, they handwave that it's because they investigate for 12 hours straight.

Other shows I've watched recently that fit a similar "ghost investigators" theme are Dead Files & Paranormal State. I can't think of any others at the moment. Speaking of, something I may have been vague upon earlier is that this is a certain type of paranormal show--I'm not commenting on anything relating to UFOlogy, anything which actually uses debunking tactics, anything that is primarily interviews, etc.

Mayhap. I wouldn't mind continuing this discussion. Though I wouldn't lose sleep if it died either.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2012, 07:21:50 pm »

The Roman Empire was centered in the city of Rome on the Italian peninsula.  The government was in Rome, with local governors in the provinces.  This empire collapsed in ~400-500 AD.

The Holy Roman Empire existed from c.962 - 1806 (Napoleon split it up).  While it acted under the auspices of the RCC (hence "Holy" and "Roman"), Rome was not part of the HRE at all.  The HRE's government was in what is now Germany, and its territory at its greatest extent comprised what are now Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands; parts of Austria, Hungary, France, Slovenia, and Poland; and a bit of northern Italy (but not Rome).

The two empires may have had similar names and overlapping territories, but they were not governed from the same location, nor were they the same country.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Mira

• Literally Worse Than Hitler
  • Pope
  • Cisphobic reverse racist
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2012, 08:31:51 pm »

The Roman Empire and the Holy Roman Empire were only really related by name. The Holy Roman Empire was a loose collection of different sub-units such as kingdoms, principalities, duchies, and so on that was centralised around Germany. Parts of Northern Italy also belonged to the HRE, but I don't think Rome itself ever did. Basically it was a bunch of German nobles calling themselves the successors to the Roman Empire. It lasted from sometime in the middle ages until the Napoleonic Wars.
I’ve grown overfed, unconcerned and comfortably numb
Kept busy indulging in the pleasures of the wealthy
Oh, someone make me afraid of what I’ve become!