Author Topic: Exposing pedophiles now a crime by RCC law  (Read 14660 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Exposing pedophiles now a crime by RCC law
« on: July 28, 2013, 01:52:12 am »
I shit you not.
According to the new laws, revealing or receiving confidential Vatican information is now punishable by up to two years in prison, while newly defined sex crimes against children carry a sentence of up to twelve years. Because all sex crimes are kept confidential, there is no longer a legal way for Vatican officials to report sex crimes.

And of course, there's this gem:
[Monsignor Dominique] Mamberti has warned would-be offenders within Vatican walls that they 'are still subject to the most watchful eye of all: the eye of God.'

Someone explain to me why it's illegal (compared to, say a moral obligation) to drive a railroad spike into the skull of each and every RCC employee on the planet. At this point, they are all complicit in these crimes.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Exposing pedophiles now a crime by RCC law
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 04:35:41 am »
How anyone can defend and/or remain a part of this institution is genuinely beyond me.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 05:02:36 am »
Wow....just wow.

Ironbite-they are aware that the power they used to have is gone right?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 05:20:51 am »
Actually... Who can they sentence to jail? Do those punishments only concern if it actually happened in the Vatican or something? I mean I'm pretty sure that if a catholic priest is discovered to be a pedophile in, let's say France, it will be the local police who handle the criminal investigation and the legal system of the country who handle the sentencing, not the RCC.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 06:08:50 am »
What if it's exposed outside the country and the other country refuses to cooperate?  Is the Vatican going to go to war with that country?  Good luck with that!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 07:00:22 am »
[Monsignor Dominique] Mamberti has warned would-be offenders within Vatican walls that they 'are still subject to the most watchful eye of all: the eye of God.'

That'll help. Keep on fucking that chicken, RCC. This surely won't backfire.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 07:06:43 am »
What if it's exposed outside the country and the other country refuses to cooperate?  Is the Vatican going to go to war with that country?  Good luck with that!
Gives the resident creeps in funny hats a reason to send as many confidential files as possible to the Vatican doesn't it?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 08:21:02 am »

Yeah, I'd like to see what amounts to a city-state going to war with, oh say...the US military.  Hell, any country in Europe, even Switzerland, could kick their asses back into the Stone Age.  Though, that's not that far of a kick, they haven't yet left the Bronze Age.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 08:56:14 am »

Yeah, I'd like to see what amounts to a city-state going to war with, oh say...the US military.  Hell, any country in Europe, even Switzerland, could kick their asses back into the Stone Age.  Though, that's not that far of a kick, they haven't yet left the Bronze Age.

I think Luxemburg and some other smaller countries could be in a trouble when facing off against the Swiss guard.

But there are other forms of diplomacy (And I don't think that Vatican or when it comes to that any country would use war as a first reaction to a diplomatic problem.)
Still, it is kinda hard for them to enforce this law abroad. I think that one of the south american countries with high catholic population might be swayed when pressured by the pope, but even then it is unlikely.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 10:59:59 am »
*GAH!* It's like the Vatican admits & APPROVES of pedophilia! WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE GUYS?!

I've also lost what little possible respect for the new Pope I had as well. That MSNBC anchor was naive, I was naive, the Pope's positive gestures are just empty show, the Vatican is evil to the core. John XXIII & John Paul the FIRST were the last genuinely good Popes. The Roman Catholic Church will continue to die. Any practicing Catholics who are as disgusted as I am should switch to Episcopalian or Liberal Catholic denominations (if they wish to remain Catholic). Roman Catholicism is cursed, damned, kaput, TILT, Deity-FORSAKEN! If there's a Deity, He/She has removed it's blessing! I hope a sinkhole opens up under the Vatican & swallows it!

You heard of it from the horse's mouth, they're admitted pedos, they approve of pedophilia & they are PROUD OF IT! So blatant! So honest! So evil! SCREW THEM!

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 11:04:05 am »
*SNIPPED. Blah, blah blah. Anti-Catholic bullshit.
We're no better than the Anti-Catholic fundies if we spout this. Three words,Spuki. Not So Different.
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 11:06:06 am »
How anyone can defend and/or remain a part of this institution is genuinely beyond me.
Intentional ignorance. My family gets mad at me, not the RCC, when I bring this shit up.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 11:28:56 am »
We're no better than the Anti-Catholic fundies if we spout this. Three words,Spuki. Not So Different.
No, we are better. In fact, I'd say anyone who is pro-Catholic is evil, for supporting paedophilia. So, fuck the Catholic Church. You know, any other nation whose primary export was child molestation would be fair game to be hated. But, because it's a religion, suddenly it's evil to hate them. You know why we're better than the anti-Catholic fundies? Because we're against them, too. We're not doing it over a centuries-old church bitch fight.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 11:42:26 am »
No, we are better. In fact, I'd say anyone who is pro-Catholic is evil, for supporting paedophilia. So, fuck the Catholic Church. You know, any other nation whose primary export was child molestation would be fair game to be hated. But, because it's a religion, suddenly it's evil to hate them. You know why we're better than the anti-Catholic fundies? Because we're against them, too. We're not doing it over a centuries-old church bitch fight.

+1 to this. the RCC isn't giving themselves any reason to be defended.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 11:56:41 am »

Yes, it's totally unjustified to be pissed off at religious institution for continuing to shelter paedophiles while pretending they are the all-new, all-better, "We really mean it this time guys, look, we got this new Pope who's really good at empty gestures now!" Church. This is the largest religious institution in the world; there's a billion people who, to a greater or lesser degree, think that they speak for the creator of the universe.

Anti-Catholic fundamentalism is hating on the individuals because of what the leaders do. Anti Catholic fundamentalism is claiming the Church is corrupt because it's not your precise flavour of evangelical protestant whatever-the-fuck. Criticising the Church for what it did, does, and will continue to do is perfectly justified, especially when they like to pretend that's all over with.

There's no point in playing the Golden Mean card. Some things deserve to be hated.

[hipster]Of course, I hated Bergoglio well before any of you guys knew who he was[/hipster]
Σא