Author Topic: Patriarch Filaret: "Vladimir Putin is possessed by Satan"  (Read 6297 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Patriarch Filaret: "Vladimir Putin is possessed by Satan"
« on: September 07, 2014, 07:51:57 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/11079988/Vladimir-Putin-possessed-by-Satan-and-faces-eternal-damnation.html

Vladimir Putin is possessed by Satan and faces eternal damnation unless he repents, the head of Ukraine's Orthodox Church has claimed in a statement titled "New Cain".

Patriarch Filaret issued a statement accusing the Russian leader of trying to "incite bloodshed and killings" in eastern Ukraine.

"With great regret I must now say publicly that among the rulers of this world ... there has appeared a new Cain, not by his name but by his deeds," he said

"Like the first fratricide of history Cain, these deeds show that the aforementioned ruler has fallen under the action of Satan," he said in the statement, published on the patriarchate's website in Ukrainian, Russian and English.

Mr Putin "himself tells obvious outward lies: while organising and sending mercenary killers to our countries, he talks about an 'internal conflict' in which he is allegedly not involved," he said.

Patriarch Filaret heads the Kiev Patriarchate, a branch of the Orthodox Church that broke away from Moscow in 1992

The patriarch added that Ukrainians had repeatedly called on Mr Putin "and his accomplices to come to their senses, stop sowing evil and death, and repent".

"But it seems that he remains deaf to these calls and only multiplies evil because he, like Judas Iscariot, has become possessed by Satan."

Patriarch Filaret added there was still hope for Mr Putin.

"However, relying on God's mercy to all sinners, yet we maintain hope on repentance of this ruler and refer to him the call of millions of people: Stop, cease the multiplication of lies and murder, come to your senses!", the statement says.
I'm not exactly an expert on Orthodox Christian theology, but if he's possessed by Satan, doesn't that mean he's not responsible for his actions?

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Patriarch Filaret: "Vladimir Putin is possessed by Satan"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 08:03:12 pm »
Oh ho ho, Filaret's starting to act all uppity against his old pal Vlad. Well, this won't end in exile to labor camp. No, sir.

Edit: My apologies, I was not aware of the schism between the Ukrainian branch and the Russian branch of the Orthodox Church. I meant to refer to Kirill, who I regard as nothing more than a political crony for Putin. Protip: Refer to them by Branch, UP.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:13:38 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 08:05:26 pm »
Oh look, Christians blaming tragedy on Satan.  I have never seen this before.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 09:57:20 pm »
Putin is probably so hideously evil even the Devil would take one look at that guy and go "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOT POSSESSING THAT!!"
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 10:54:53 pm »
Perhaps he'd pull a Wheatherwax on Satan. "You're not possessing me, I'm possessing you!"
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »
Lucifer: Wait, what? How am I possessed by you? I am the far more wicked spirit in attendance!

Putin: Ya? Really, Old Scratch? Lets hear your rap sheet.

Lucifer: I rebelled against God, I tricked Adam and Eve...I think. That one depends on the interpretation. I married Adam's ex-wife Lilith and produced some unclean spirits...and I tempted Jesus.

Putin: bwahaha! That all? I, Vladimir Putin, have launched a horrifically brutal war on a tiny country, I've killed numerous people in my career as a KGB agent, I've backed ruthless, murderous rebels who shot down an airliner and then hung the rebels out to dry until they suited me again, and lets not forget my agenda with homosexuality and the...ah, ways, people have taken to interpreting it.

Lucifer: ...You're a sick, sick freak.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 11:52:58 pm »
I think Putin hates dogs.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 11:58:53 pm »
And here we have a second opinion from the Ortodox church:

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/radical-russian-orthodox-activist-to-lecture-on-whether-putin-will-become-god/506325.html

Rather than being possessed by Lucifer, Putin may in fact be so amazing and righteous that he is turning into God...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 12:32:22 am »
So the Ukrainian Orthodox church says he's possessed by Satan, and the Russian Orthodox church says he's the avatar of God himself. Well, there's a big fucking surprise.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 12:37:04 am »
OH GEE WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED!/Iago.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 01:13:26 am »
That takes bootlicking to a heretofore unknown level.

Your regular old kiss-ass will sing your praises. In Russia? You get declared a holy avatar.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 07:39:59 am »
If Putin becomes god, does that mean the Almighty will have stats?  Because, as we all know, if you stat it, they WILL kill it.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 08:43:50 am »
That takes bootlicking to a heretofore unknown level.

Your regular old kiss-ass will sing your praises. In Russia? You get declared a holy avatar.
Don't forget the all female fan-club/religious-cult to Putin.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:56 pm »
So the Ukrainian Orthodox church says he's possessed by Satan, and the Russian Orthodox church says he's the avatar of God himself. Well, there's a big fucking surprise.

It's less "the Russian Orthodox Church" and more "some guy who happens to be a fanatical Russian Orthodox"
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 11:07:14 pm »
I wonder how long it'll take before Putin gets himself a cult of personality.