Author Topic: 4Chan's "it's okay to be white" campaign  (Read 15023 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: 4Chan's "it's okay to be white" campaign
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2017, 02:26:01 am »
I'm not threatened in the least or intimidated by a bunch of rag articles written by people at Salon.

I suggest you don't give even this much of implied credit to Anal Paragon's stance by calling them "rag articles". In the context of the rest of the articles none of those headlines are offensive. Provocative, definitely. Yes, if a white writer wrote the same headlines about black people it would be a racist act even if the intended message wasn't. Privilege has its consequences and communication doesn't happen in a void where words and people have no social and historical context that influence the actual message sent.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2017, 02:45:51 am »
You... You mean that the context for things can be as important to the meaning as what is actually said? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2017, 06:23:32 pm »
That you are.

The alt-right was a doomed idea from the start - formed by Nazis and Neo-Nazis chomping at the bit to indulge every bit of rage and hate in their hearts...to, I'll borrow their phrase, chimp out. They were waiting, eagerly, to find a cause innocuously named enough to escape the stigma of what they were, and then be able to engage in violence. That is all they ever were, all they ever will be, and why nothing good will ever emerge from that festooning overgrown privy.

No argument here. They're racist bastards, no matter how they try to dress it up.

I am a white guy.

I'm not threatened in the least or intimidated by a bunch of rag articles written by people at Salon.

They do produce rage and fear in the hearts and minds of those too utterly feeble-minded to imagine a world that isn't what they grew up with. These articles you produced only incite fear in the hearts and minds of feeble-minded men who are by their words, nomenclature and actions named "louts".

I'd ask you to have a little empathy, but since you're literally incapable of that, I'm just going to say you sound like you're about to pitch eugenics.

And I have NO sympathy whatsoever from brawling Trump Supporters or those who get into action against Anti-Fa - they elected this rampaging moron, and so I will not feel a shred of sympathy for them at all.

As for the death of Rural America, I can't really say I care. I have family out there - still can't say I care.

Of course not. You're a self-admitted sociopath.

I suggest you don't give even this much of implied credit to Anal Paragon's stance by calling them "rag articles". In the context of the rest of the articles none of those headlines are offensive. Provocative, definitely. Yes, if a white writer wrote the same headlines about black people it would be a racist act even if the intended message wasn't. Privilege has its consequences and communication doesn't happen in a void where words and people have no social and historical context that influence the actual message sent.

Do you think "privilege" automatically negates racism? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like that's what you're implying. If I'm misunderstanding you, then I apologize in advance.

And no, it wasn't just the headlines that were offensive. Let's take a look at some choice quotes.

The future of life on the planet depends on bringing the 500-year rampage of the white man to a halt. For five centuries his ever more destructive weaponry has become far too common. His widespread and better systems of exploiting other humans and nature dominate the globe.

Collectively holding white men responsible for countless atrocities that have happened over the course of 500 years. If collectively holding Jews responsible for the death of Jesus is anti-Semitic, then isn't this racist?

By way of example, a recurring concern of those responding to the Times’ Woodrow Wilson op-ed was, “Where will it all end? Will we have to destroy Mount Rushmore?” some asked. Maybe we should. Not just because it honors slave owners Jefferson and Washington, Mount Rushmore is also a powerful symbol of brutality and racism toward indigenous people.

Not only does he dismiss Washington and Jefferson as mere "slave owners," but he outright says that maybe Mount Rushmore should be destroyed.

I could go on, but I'd like to think you'll get the point.

But if you want more than just articles, the BBC had "ethnic-only" training placements last year. Before you ask, no, the rejected applicants were not actors seeking parts intended for characters of color. They were seeking script writing roles.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 06:52:10 pm by Lana Reverse »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2017, 02:57:57 am »
The beeb has a diversity policy? Someone page Damore so he can dredge up a Wikipedia article saying it's a very no good thing!

Seriously? Positive discrimination at the BBC bothers you? Why? Are there not enough old white guys in the British Broadcasting Service for you?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2017, 03:12:28 am »
Why do you care so much what he says about Washington and Jefferson? They are not alive to take insult from words - him saying something about them does nothing. That person can say "we need to stop the white man!" all he wants, but the simple fact is he is in no way shape or form able to act on that, and the only people who would take issue or threat with such a statement from a position of abject weakness are imbeciles no rational man need concern themselves with.

And so...yeah, I literally have no empathy, and your whinging about how deficient that makes me is only really amusing.

I have my fantasies about a world without incompetence, but it is not something that is going to happen, nor would it meet with anything resembling applause or accolade, so I assign that to the dustbin and simply keep it to myself.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2017, 08:35:23 am »
Just for the other forum members' and lurkers' benefit I'll expand on my point:

We white people (in the West) have the privilege of being the non-racialized normal and the concept of whiteness is what creates the otherness of the racial minorities. The society sees us as individuals first instead of representatives of our racial group. That means we do not face racial stereotyping and thus you are more free to use more provocative language about us without worrying that you are strengthening such stereotypes.

Anyone who actually reads the Salon articles instead of just taking a look at the headlines should be able to understand that they have fuck all to do with actual racism (other than criticizing it). Those articles are for example discussing how the white privilege can have violent expressions or use racialized language in the context of white people to provoke the reader to realize how misleading it is and contrast it to how such language is casually used about the minorities. The only way anyone can assume Salon is promoting offensive stereotypes about white people is if you look at each sentence in a complete contextual void and don't even try to understand the actual message. That, or you have the presumption that "SJWs" who are racist against whites have captured or are capturing the power in our society.

As far as those tiny fringe elements go who really do hold offensive opinions about white people niam has the right idea. Unlike white supremacists they have no structural power so I'm not going to waste my energy on them.

If anyone else is interested in discussing this part any further I'll try to find the energy to do so. It might be an fruitful and interesting discussion or debate with someone who has actual intellectual honesty. I've already spent too much energy on an alt-right troll whom I've decided to ignore long time ago.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2017, 04:22:49 pm »
So Lana has just admitted that she is Paragon, hasn't she? This thread is the confession.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »
The beeb has a diversity policy? Someone page Damore so he can dredge up a Wikipedia article saying it's a very no good thing!

Seriously? Positive discrimination at the BBC bothers you? Why? Are there not enough old white guys in the British Broadcasting Service for you?

Figures published this year show that 13.4 percent of the BBC’s workforce is made up of employees from Black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds.

Census date from 2011 shows that 13.1 percent of British citizens come from ethnic minority backgrounds, meaning the corporation’s workforce is already proportionally reflective of the population.

You were saying?

And it bothers me because it's excluding people based entirely on their skin color. There's affirmative action, and then there's outright racist discrimination.

If anyone else is interested in discussing this part any further I'll try to find the energy to do so. It might be an fruitful and interesting discussion or debate with someone who has actual intellectual honesty. I've already spent too much energy on an alt-right troll whom I've decided to ignore long time ago.

Are you saying I'm an alt-right troll?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2017, 05:01:10 pm »
So Lana has just admitted that she is Paragon, hasn't she? This thread is the confession.

Either he got careless and forgot to pay attention to his charade or he got bored of it. I doubt it is the latter since he seems to enjoy feigning innocence too much. See the previous post for another example.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2017, 05:05:59 pm »

Figures published this year show that 13.4 percent of the BBC’s workforce is made up of employees from Black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds.

Census date from 2011 shows that 13.1 percent of British citizens come from ethnic minority backgrounds, meaning the corporation’s workforce is already proportionally reflective of the population.

You were saying?

And it bothers me because it's excluding people based entirely on their skin color. There's affirmative action, and then there's outright racist discrimination.

Are you so incompetent you can't read? Work that one out for yourself!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2017, 07:51:08 pm »

Either he got careless and forgot to pay attention to his charade or he got bored of it. I doubt it is the latter since he seems to enjoy feigning innocence too much. See the previous post for another example.

Here's my response: put up or shut up. If there were any evidence other than your personal opinion, I'd have been banned long ago.

By the way, it's very rude to just ignore somebody when you ask them a question. Not as rude as making accusations you can't back up, but rude nonetheless.

You were saying?

Are you so incompetent you can't read? Work that one out for yourself!

Well, so many people on this board keep calling me a cretin, I figured I should make sure I don't misunderstand.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2017, 09:00:36 pm »
Experience with your previous incarnations actually points against a quick banning. Despite people noticing the textual similarities between Dynamic Dragon and Ultimate Paragon for extended periods such that you were often called Dynamic Paragon it took the whole Leonardo Fernando kerfuffle before anyone really could be arsed with bannings.

So that argument is without historical support. The absence of banning only really is evidence that you have to work overtime to get banned.

While there were some theories that the knight of the raging boner was a gestalt entity, it is highly unlikely that they would be able to have a collective posting style so similar and annoying.

I wonder what your possible motivation could be to keep the charade up. I guess we should all be flatttered.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2017, 09:28:11 pm »
Yeah, because proportion of the workforce translates to proportional represtation in creative roles..

Becauase all broadcasting roles are equal, right?

I'd rather believe you're an alt right troll the alternative. The alternative scenario, that you're here to advocate sincerely for us straight, cracker fellas would almost erase those historical priviliges because you suck so badly at it!

Can we have someone else represent for us straight honky dudes? Because Paragon was actually better at it than the current bearer of the White Man's Burden around here!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:44:31 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2017, 01:21:45 am »
Experience with your previous incarnations actually points against a quick banning. Despite people noticing the textual similarities between Dynamic Dragon and Ultimate Paragon for extended periods such that you were often called Dynamic Paragon it took the whole Leonardo Fernando kerfuffle before anyone really could be arsed with bannings.

So that argument is without historical support. The absence of banning only really is evidence that you have to work overtime to get banned.

While there were some theories that the knight of the raging boner was a gestalt entity, it is highly unlikely that they would be able to have a collective posting style so similar and annoying.

I wonder what your possible motivation could be to keep the charade up. I guess we should all be flatttered.

Two questions:

1. How is my posting style "similar?" Considering your ideas on what it means to be "alt-right," I'm starting to think you're just seeing what you want to see.

2. Even if they are similar, what does that prove?

Oh, and FYI, this isn't my normal writing style. I just use it on certain forums for the sake of communicating ideas quickly.

Yeah, because proportion of the workforce translates to proportional represtation in creative roles..

Becauase all broadcasting roles are equal, right?

I'd rather believe you're an alt right troll the alternative. The alternative scenario, that you're here to advocate sincerely for us straight, cracker fellas almost would erase those historical priviges because you suck so badly at it!

Can we have someone else represent for us straight honky dudes? Because Paragon was actually better at it than the current bearer of the White Man's Burden around here!

Sir, step away from the goalpost, please.

And in any case, I don't understand why departmental representation is so important. If the BBC is like most private corporations, the HR department is probably mainly made up of women. Should it offer male-only HR jobs to close the gap?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2017, 01:24:06 am »
What are my ideas on the 'alt-right', cracker? I can't recall having expressed any recently.

Edit:You complain that there is no evidence. My point is textual similarities are evidence. If textual similarities were not considered evidence of authorship entire bodies of scholarship would break down.

So if your posting styles are the same it is evidence that they share an author.

How many writing styles do you have?

Further edit: Maybe this is your tired writing style? How many Trans brothers do you have?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:33:21 am by davedan »