Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Changing my name soon
« Last post by BobRumba on Today at 10:46:32 am »
Coming soon:  Bob Rumba.

Okay, a techie question for you. Or maybe something interesting to try. How long does a Christian News ban last?

Find one of your DISQUS accounts that was banned many moons ago, edit the file, both "Profile" name and"Account" username. Then see if you can comment

This may still run fouls of a possible IP ban on that address, but you known how to bypass that problem.

OK, sorry for the delay, I tried this yesterday having had a good reason to do it.  It doesn't work.  I think that's because your name on Disqus is this weird thing that starts with a @ symbol and you can never change it.  The name everyone SEES which you CAN change is the name you are known by in the forums and what everyone calls you, but Disqus doesn't care about that, it knows you by your "system name". 
Bug Reports / Re: What’s going on with fstdt.com?
« Last post by BobRumba on Today at 10:41:16 am »
I did, indeed.  Its still at the top of the list, from what I'm seeing.

Huh.  Must be something wrong at my end.
I'd really like to reach out to all these people around the internet saying "what happened to my FSTDT" and tell them we're working on it.
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Last post by BobRumba on Today at 10:22:19 am »
What, do they think they're gonna drive us away like we're demons? 

They DO think we're demons.  These people are batshit nuts.  I don't think they're all nuts, I think Guest Verified is a very calculating game player who does it for enjoyment.  I think the two Ladies (Checkmate and InChrist) are legitimately not of sound mind, in fact people were saying that about Lady Checkmate years ago, long before I tangled with her.  Amos is clearly nuts.  Grace Kim Kwon is so nuts they banned her.

Doug Bristow is not nuts, just deeply fucked up from intense fundie indoctrination.  He used to be an old drunk apparently.  Now he's an old fundie ex-drunk.  Given the choice I would take the old one I think.

I don't talk much about Reason2012.  I just thumb him down and move on usually.  He says way too much every time and cuts and pastes most of it, he's like a human spam ad.
« Last post by BobRumba on Today at 10:14:16 am »
I was going to archive that discussion so we'd be able to see its comments forever, and this morning all the comments were still there, but when I arrived at work the imperial hand of Christian News Network censorship wiped out most of the discussion.  LadyInChrist is ACTUALLY accusing us of being the censors!
Aah, yes.  The old "HARDCWAR GAYMAR" crowd.  I forgot about their mindless screeching.
« Last post by KingOfRhye on Today at 08:19:32 am »
This is getting nauseating, now LadyInChrist and Susan Perelka are swallowing Guest Verified's story about Lady Checkmate and are praying for her safety. 

I just responded to LadyInChrist. Seven minutes later she replies and instantly Guest Verified up votes her comment.
Collusion? Why would someone need a secret website, simple traffic analysis tells the whole story.

At least you got a reply from her.  I directed a comment to her, tried to be pretty nice about it even, and didn't get one.  I guess I didn't give her enough to get worked up about, or maybe not enough to pray about.

Why did those comment sections suddenly become prayer meetings or something, anyway?  What, do they think they're gonna drive us away like we're demons?  I guess Matthew 6:6 isn't their favorite Bible verse ("when thou prayest, enter into thy closet").  Maybe I should start mentioning that there, see how that goes over.
Nah, the folks who are upset about this are the ones who are crying that now the SJWs are going to ruin the franchise and that any "kids friendly" fiction about the SERIOUS and ADULT Warhammer setting is heresy and a crime against them personally.
I adore this idea, if only because I am vehemently for anything that drives the "won't someone think of the chiwwdwen" crowd up a fucking wall.  If those stupid pieces of shit think Warhammer is going to corrupt their precious fuck trophies, then they haven't been in an American public school since the 60s.  When you hear a 10 year-old tell another child to, and I'm quoting here, "get that cum off yo lip," you realize that innocence, much like god, is dead.
Bug Reports / Re: What’s going on with fstdt.com?
« Last post by RavynousHunter on Today at 06:43:49 am »
Yo.  Been doin this shit for 16 years, fluent in multiple languages and multiple technologies and have worked in both Windows and Linux environments, though I quite prefer the former.  Dunno if anyone else here might also be able to help...it'd be nice, lol.

Did you post in the Reddit (about FSTDT) recently?  I thought you had but don't see the post now.

I did, indeed.  Its still at the top of the list, from what I'm seeing.
Society and History / Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Last post by Askold on Today at 02:47:43 am »
Kid, you aren't "winning" this debate and I believe understanding why that is, is going to help you a lot in life.

This is not a game, there are no rules and referees (other than the forum rules but that's a separate matter) in this. You don't score points or win anything by trying to get a "gotcha" out of people. Most importantly, no matter how well you write your comments, no matter how many people you have helping you find articles that defend the indefensible, you can't "win" by trying to argue that up is down.

This is real life debate and there are only two things that matter: a) can you make people believe that you are correct? b) what is the correct answer to the debated issue?

For the first part, you haven't convinced anyone that Nazis are the real victims that need protection or that Antifa is somehow really, really bad. For the latter part the answer is pretty much the same, Nazis bad, Antifa hooligans who band together because they don't like Nazis.

And here's another thing: We don't really care about making you admit "defeat" either. This isn't a game for us. When we see someone jump in to defend Nazis and fictional Nazis and complain about people who oppose Nazis we get upset because that's a pretty shitty thing to do. If it looks like everyone is ganging up on you it's just because there's no one else here who uses every single excuse to defend Nazis.

Heck, I've talked about non-violence before when some folks (*cough* Niam *cough) go over board, but even I know that Nazis are the real villains here.

And as another person who would get a bullet in the head if they take charge this is not an idle topic. In fact, simply as a person who opposes genocides I take personal interest in the "should Nazis be allowed to freely preach their hate and gain political power" matters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10