Author Topic: Acid Attack Victim Commits Suicide  (Read 11680 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Acid Attack Victim Commits Suicide
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2012, 02:07:53 am »
C'mon ladies of these backwards societies! REVOLT!!! We need to introduce these Muslim gals to ALLAT! If they're gonna be Muslims, they might as well get into a FEMININE alternative! Women & Real Men, it's time we show these weak little macho pansies & their brutish ways WHO'S BOSS!

I hope you realize that Arabian paganism was much more oppressive towards women.

Also this

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/women/long.html

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/010-women-worth-less.htm

It might be easier to get them to deconvert from Islam altogether first.

True. I read that later. Islam was actually far better for women. Actually, much of this oppressive stuff is merely cultural tribal practices. That said, I agree it's not perfect.

I'm aware also that "Pagan" does not automatically equal "Gender Equality". Some Pagan societies were very Kyriarchal & misogynistic. Rome & Greece comes to mind as does many Mid-East societies. I do realize however that much earlier, almost prehistoric versions of these religions were less oppressive and more woman-friendly. Myths are often rewritten. I in no way believe in that goofy "Ancient Matriarchy" jazz but I do feel that in a much earlier era, the playing field was a bit more even.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2012, 01:34:45 pm »
I think if you look at it through an ancient person's mindset... before we knew about how babby formed, the idea of a woman spontaneously popping out another human almost made her look sort of like a god herself.  It was certainly not something the males could do.   

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2012, 12:56:59 pm »
Hell, even understanding how it works doesn't make it any less...I'm loathe to say "amazing," because childbirth is revolting to me, but...just that shit happening is pretty damn cool.

Also, is it just me, or do the Abrahamic faiths seem to be the most blatantly cruel and divisive of the current active religions?  Then again, Abraham was willing to murder his son because his God said to, sooooooo...yeah.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2012, 10:32:37 pm »
Also, is it just me, or do the Abrahamic faiths seem to be the most blatantly cruel and divisive of the current active religions?  Then again, Abraham was willing to murder his son because his God said to, sooooooo...yeah.

I think what's saddest is that the original of the three, the one that's actively involved in attempting to genocide another country's people, is the MOST tolerant of the three.

...Sorta.

Anyways, in regards to the "miracle of birth"... yes, it's squicky, and no, I wouldn't ever want to be pregnant (not that I could ever be) and I do not envy any woman who gets pregnant.

However, it is sorta like a, excuse the oxymoron, "natural miracle".  Creating life from what appears to be nothing.

Why are women oppressed again?  It seems to me that they can take some pretty tough shit that no man can possibly conceive of.

...Heh heh, I said conceive.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2012, 10:51:40 pm »

I think what's saddest is that the original of the three, the one that's actively involved in attempting to genocide another country's people, is the MOST tolerant of the three.

All of them have attempted to commit genocide against another group, but since Israel is the most recent I assume that's what you're talking about. The fact that Israel is attempting to commit genocide drives me up the motherfucking wall more than anything. The Jewish people should know more than anyone why you don't oppress a people and you damn well don't commit genocide!
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2012, 11:02:19 pm »
The Jewish people should know more than anyone why you don't oppress a people and you damn well don't commit genocide!

Having a history of oppression does not, unfortunately, equate with empathy.

Look at Israel's history of ignoring the Armenian genocide!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »
They're all just as bad as each other, it's just that as westerners we hear about the Abrahamic faiths far more than any other. Hell, I've yet to hear about any religion that is anything other than a fucking cancer on society.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2012, 11:57:35 pm »
The Jewish people should know more than anyone why you don't oppress a people and you damn well don't commit genocide!

This. Unfortunately the "mind-numbing paranoia" aspect overrides the "empathy and moral reason" aspect.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.